House Price Crash Forum

The Bubbly Bitcoin Thread -- Merged Threads

HOLA441
HOLA442
36 minutes ago, Londonkid said:

Dude are you getting in? I and a few others said that pull back the other week was an ideal time to get in.

Just dca if you worried, you never going to find the bottom. You will just be waiting and waiting and probably but the top this cycle.

You could even basket a few of the good coins like eth, vet etc

You will feel better for doing it

Last weeks pullback could be the last stop before 100k. 

HOLA443
10 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

I can see this myself. And it happening sooner than many think. 

Yahoo Finance

Bitcoin will eventually hit '$1 million a coin,' CoinDesk editor predicts

As investor interest in cryptocurrency spikes, bitcoin could rise to $1 million over the next five years, one expert told Yahoo Finance Live.

“Bitcoin is going to $1 million a coin,” CoinDesk Learn Editor Ollie Leech said. “I actually believe that it will, at some stage, with just the scarcity aspect alone, it makes it an incredibly exciting asset to hold... Bitcoin is uncontested.

The timing of bitcoin crossing $1 million is the big question. Leech says the next bitcoin halving — a key technical event when the amount of bitcoins awarded to miners is cut in half— is set to take place in 2024, and that will likely trigger a massive price surge.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/bitcoin-will-eventually-hit-1-million-dollars-a-coin-coin-desk-editor-predicts-172810294.html

If daddy chitcoin can get to $1m

Junior chitcoins can get to $1

Own 1 daddy dumpcoin or millions of junior poos 🤣

HOLA444
10 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Bitcoin will eventually hit '$1 million a coin,' CoinDesk editor predicts

This was part of the appeal (obviously) back in the day. If it goes to zero, dang I have lost me a grand, boo hoo. If it goes to a million then boom: Retirement, cars, boats, houses :)

Happy to gamble a bit on that! Someone on this site actually sold it to me by asking us to think that if Bitcoin got to a small percentage (less than 1% IIRC) of the global economy or US GDP or something like that then each coin would be worth £1m. Doesn't seem too far fetched now, and it wasn't a huge stretch of the imagination back then either.

HOLA445
1 hour ago, Huggy said:

This was part of the appeal (obviously) back in the day. If it goes to zero, dang I have lost me a grand, boo hoo. If it goes to a million then boom: Retirement, cars, boats, houses :)

Happy to gamble a bit on that! Someone on this site actually sold it to me by asking us to think that if Bitcoin got to a small percentage (less than 1% IIRC) of the global economy or US GDP or something like that then each coin would be worth £1m. Doesn't seem too far fetched now, and it wasn't a huge stretch of the imagination back then either.

If BTC got to £1m with 21m coins in circulation it would have about the same market cap as the global M0 money supply does now.

HOLA446
HOLA447

The thing is, $1M bitcoin is only 20x from here, so for new people getting in, that's a lovely gain, but unlikely to be retiring early and living the high life, but I feel some alt coins have far higher potential - attractive use cases which offer massive value above pure money, things like global supply chain and logistics management, video streaming service, and then there are others which provide far more possibility for decentralised finance which in under a minute can do more transactions then bitcoin can in an entire day. 

I wouldn't bet against bitcoin, but I do wonder if its continued demand and price is more a momentum and branding thing (not that these things should be dismissed), rather then it actually providing the real value its being sold for, but I'm new here and I'm sure there's lots I don't know about / understand despite my efforts to change this. Feels a bit like this vid

HOLA448
4 minutes ago, Save me from the madness! said:

The thing is, $1M bitcoin is only 20x from here, so for new people getting in, that's a lovely gain, but unlikely to be retiring early and living the high life, but I feel some alt coins have far higher potential - attractive use cases which offer massive value above pure money, things like global supply chain and logistics management, video streaming service, and then there are others which provide far more possibility for decentralised finance which in under a minute can do more transactions then bitcoin can in an entire day. 

I wouldn't bet against bitcoin, but I do wonder if its continued demand and price is more a momentum and branding thing (not that these things should be dismissed), rather then it actually providing the real value its being sold for, but I'm new here and I'm sure there's lots I don't know about / understand despite my efforts to change this. Feels a bit like this vid

This is a post straight outta 2017. 

HOLA449
34 minutes ago, Save me from the madness! said:

Altcoin usages = Mainly providing a solution to a problem that can be resolved much better using existing tech. 

HOLA4410
38 minutes ago, Save me from the madness! said:

Three things give Bitcoin value. Limits supply, truely decentralisd, and security of the size of hashpower if he network. 99% of Alts have none of these features. 

HOLA4411
47 minutes ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

This is a post straight outta 2017. 

100% its odd watching the alt coin pumpers coming back, its funny as this time its much much weaker.

Now days its obvious none will ever unseat bitcoin, theres absolutely zero chance of a flippening, now its just some weak "there might be some potential in other coins" arguments. 

Alts are gash

HOLA4412
7 minutes ago, jiltedjen said:

100% its odd watching the alt coin pumpers coming back, its funny as this time its much much weaker.

Now days its obvious none will ever unseat bitcoin, theres absolutely zero chance of a flippening, now its just some weak "there might be some potential in other coins" arguments. 

Alts are gash

Yup I remember reading about all this during the ICO mania leading up to the 2017 top. Everything had to have a coin with some convoluted purpose. I mean there was even dentacoin FFS:

https://dentacoin.com

HOLA4413
3 hours ago, longgone said:

If daddy chitcoin can get to $1m

Junior chitcoins can get to $1

Own 1 daddy dumpcoin or millions of junior poos 🤣

CR down 30% today. 30% drop in 1 day, makes Bitcoin look positive a stable store of value.  Time to buy the dip big boy. 

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
11 minutes ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Yup I remember reading about all this during the ICO mania leading up to the 2017 top. Everything had to have a coin with some convoluted purpose. I mean there was even dentacoin FFS:

https://dentacoin.com

That example is hilarious. I agree there's a lot of coins out there which seems to be blockchain for blockchain sake and I scratch my head at and wonder what's going on, but a couple I've come across I've been impressed with, and there are actual big companies using them and investing big money. I agree given the number of coins, however you cut it, even the most optimistic alt coin fan would have to admit the majority seem questionable. I think I remember you've mentioned you have bought some ETH so perhaps you've seen other ones that also look good too? Anyway, still learning over here. Maybe in 10 years if you can still be bothered with this forum from your yacht we can catch up on how things evolved.

HOLA4416
53 minutes ago, Save me from the madness! said:

That example is hilarious. I agree there's a lot of coins out there which seems to be blockchain for blockchain sake and I scratch my head at and wonder what's going on, but a couple I've come across I've been impressed with, and there are actual big companies using them and investing big money. I agree given the number of coins, however you cut it, even the most optimistic alt coin fan would have to admit the majority seem questionable. I think I remember you've mentioned you have bought some ETH so perhaps you've seen other ones that also look good too? Anyway, still learning over here. Maybe in 10 years if you can still be bothered with this forum from your yacht we can catch up on how things evolved.

Thanks. I’d love to be able to suggest some cheap coin with real potential but I just don’t follow them closely enough now. I bought and traded a few back in 2015 during the mania and struck it lucky with ETH. I since realised that it was easier and simpler to just hodl the daddies BTC and ETH. Remember I’ve hodled for 8 years but still see massive potential in these two daddies for anyone starting out today. You just need to be realistic and patient for your own moon. Best of luck. 

HOLA4417

@MonsieurCopperCrutch Dentacoin still going strong it seems, 561st biggest crypto coin, rose 11% today! Possibly to buy nearly 10,000 of them for just $1, now that's what I call value! 🤣 Joking aside though, it has 10x since February, and at it's peak had 20x so maybe it should be me that dentacoin is laughing at!

Dentacoin price today, DCN live marketcap, chart, and info | CoinMarketCap

HOLA4418
1 hour ago, Save me from the madness! said:

When I was young and a friend moved away from our area, we exchanged postal letters to keep in touch. When we both ended up at university, we got email addressed and never sent a postal mail again. It was entirely obvious instantly what problem it was solving.

I've yet to have someone point out to me a proper problem that DeFi solves in my life, so I don't understand where the value of the alt-coins comes in. 

On the other hand, bitcoin might solve the problem of making me rich, so that's good.

HOLA4419
5 minutes ago, dugsbody said:

When I was young and a friend moved away from our area, we exchanged postal letters to keep in touch. When we both ended up at university, we got email addressed and never sent a postal mail again. It was entirely obvious instantly what problem it was solving.

I've yet to have someone point out to me a proper problem that DeFi solves in my life, so I don't understand where the value of the alt-coins comes in. 

On the other hand, bitcoin might solve the problem of making me rich, so that's good.

You can’t see the value in decentralised finance from cutting out the middle-men? I guess there must be no value in it then. 

HOLA4420
28 minutes ago, Save me from the madness! said:

@MonsieurCopperCrutch Dentacoin still going strong it seems, 561st biggest crypto coin, rose 11% today! Possibly to buy nearly 10,000 of them for just $1, now that's what I call value! 🤣 Joking aside though, it has 10x since February, and at it's peak had 20x so maybe it should be me that dentacoin is laughing at!

Dentacoin price today, DCN live marketcap, chart, and info | CoinMarketCap

Fill your cavities. 😂

HOLA4421
3 minutes ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

You can’t see the value in decentralised finance from cutting out the middle-men? I guess there must be no value in it then. 

Perhaps a real world example would help me understand. And in particular, why would this result in the value of the crypto-tokens increasing?

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
41 minutes ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Defi is a real eye opener. Before ppl say it's a ponzi with the interest rates, just think you elimate all of banking costs with smart contracts. 

HOLA4425
3 hours ago, jiltedjen said:

Alts are gash

You have no clue. You knocked vechain at 0.004 now 0.24 and they have been used on a daily bases (millions of transactions) by Walmart, BYD (Chinese electric car) h and m, Shanghai gas, PWC, lvmh to name a few.

Trust is a big issue and solves most of these issues. We are so trusting of what we buy, this solves it.

You have to think as a venture capitalist, most startups fails but real gems go up hugely. 

It's easy to shout out scam or pump and dumps, but some alts really solve issues. They aren't competing with btc.

The gaming alts are very interesting, pyr, buying your own land in game, charging ppl to use it. As a nft you can transfer this to anyone and any in game tools you buy. Imagine renting out your weapons or renting your game level. 

Gamers are loving this, this is their world.

It's not a btc vs alts.

Maybe if you did any research rather you could see value in some.