House Price Crash Forum

The Bubbly Bitcoin Thread -- Merged Threads

HOLA441
17 minutes ago, Frugal Git said:

It doesn’t matter anyway - would you seriously buy one with BTC rather than just getting rid of fiat?

The symbolism of it is more important. 

Yes I seriously would, it’s good to have “****** you” bitcoin money 

I spent 4 Btc on pizza before, 4.5 on vpn, 0.2 on paying friend for cinema ticket, hundreds of Btc on Amazon vouchers over years, don’t know how much on Expedia when they used to accept for hotels 

2 Btc out of stash would be a small fraction but would be a good story to tell my grandkids in my old age 😊 

paying Tesla directly would have the advantage of not getting analy examined by banks who get twitchy at large incoming transfers or arriving at Tesla dealership with a money bag of cash which they won’t accept anyways (and definitely triggers a report to police/revenue) 

people forget the first sentence of satoshis white paper 

Edited by yelims

HOLA442
6 minutes ago, yelims said:

Yes I seriously would, it’s good to have “****** you” bitcoin money 

I spent 4 Btc on pizza before, 4.5 on vpn, 0.2 on paying friend for cinema ticket, hundreds of Btc on Amazon vouchers over years

2 Btc out of stash would be a small fraction but would be a good story to tell my grandkids in my old age 😊 

paying Tesla directly would have the advantage of not getting analy examined by banks who get twitchy at large incoming transfers or arriving at Tesla dealership with a money bag of cash which they won’t accept anyways (and definitely triggers a report to police/revenue) 

I bought mine (the Tesla) with three medium sized bank transfers on the spot. Took two minutes.

The only minor glitch was actually transferring some money between two of my accounts the night before, so I could consolidate enough cash into one account. They phoned me to check and I said ‘check the name, it’s my own account’ and that was that. 

If you are swimming in btc, fair enough 😁 but in my case, the fact that it would have taken me 2 btc to buy mine when I did, and five weeks later it would have cost 1.15, means I am very glad indeed to have bought it with crappy £. 

HOLA443
17 minutes ago, Frugal Git said:

I bought mine (the Tesla) with three medium sized bank transfers on the spot. Took two minutes.

The only minor glitch was actually transferring some money between two of my accounts the night before, so I could consolidate enough cash into one account. They phoned me to check and I said ‘check the name, it’s my own account’ and that was that. 

If you are swimming in btc, fair enough 😁 but in my case, the fact that it would have taken me 2 btc to buy mine when I did, and five weeks later it would have cost 1.15, means I am very glad indeed to have bought it with crappy £. 

By 2022 who knows what bitcoin be worth could be half a million could be half a Potatoe 🤣

in meantime laying groundwork for electric car with charger being added to my home solar pv/battery setup today, I’ve 7series bmw until Tesla get their act together with regards to delivering cars and accepting bitcoin (or other car makers catch up)

Edited by yelims

HOLA444
34 minutes ago, Frugal Git said:

It doesn’t matter anyway - would you seriously buy one with BTC rather than just getting rid of fiat?

The symbolism of it is more important. 

In a bear market, yes!!!  Great CGT evasion wheeze too. I wonder, do they fix the BTC amount at point of order?  It is possible for BTC to rise or fall 40%ish in value between "payment" and delivery a month or two later. 

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
32 minutes ago, markyh said:

Looks like that tweet shot the BTC price up from $54k to $56k over a few hours this morning, nice. 

Also more stimmy cheques are landing today

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/stimulus-checks-march-24-irs-issuing-payments/

The IRS has an update for people who are eager to receive their third federal stimulus check: More payments will land on March 24. 

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
1 hour ago, markyh said:

In a bear market, yes!!!  Great CGT evasion wheeze too. I wonder, do they fix the BTC amount at point of order?  It is possible for BTC to rise or fall 40%ish in value between "payment" and delivery a month or two later. 

It's a capital spend that needs to be declared like anything else. Not a wheeze just easy to spot tax evasion at a level the HMRC would pursue as a criminal case.   

HOLA4416
8 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

It's a capital spend that needs to be declared like anything else. Not a wheeze just easy to spot tax evasion at a level the HMRC would pursue as a criminal case.   

How would they know? My kitchen fitter mate has bought all there cars for 15+ years with Income Tax and VAT evaded "cash", even cars up to £20kish.  He must have spent £100k cash on cars over this time, all paid in cash. 

Tax man has never knocked on his door. Not correct, but easily doable with Bitcoin, there is no requirement for Tesla to report sales to HMRC. 

HOLA4417
11 minutes ago, markyh said:

How would they know? My kitchen fitter mate has bought all there cars for 15+ years with Income Tax and VAT evaded "cash", even cars up to £20kish.  He must have spent £100k cash on cars over this time, all paid in cash. 

Tax man has never knocked on his door. Not correct, but easily doable with Bitcoin, there is no requirement for Tesla to report sales to HMRC. 

There is under money laundering regs. Tesla is registered as a high value dealer and would inform HMRC of all payments of over 10,000Euro.   

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
31 minutes ago, Data Dave said:

Im new, is this just BTC chat or can we talk Alts too? Separate thread maybe....

I need someones opinion on IOTA [MIOTA] and BAT, ive suddenly got a bit flappy despite being a long term investor. Or trying to be!!

Cheers Dave

There probably isn't enough public data to make an informed decision about many coins (or even Bitcoin tbh). Way too volatile.  Just pick one with a symbol you like and hold on tight 😛

HOLA4420
38 minutes ago, Data Dave said:

Im new, is this just BTC chat or can we talk Alts too? Separate thread maybe....

I need someones opinion on IOTA [MIOTA] and BAT, ive suddenly got a bit flappy despite being a long term investor. Or trying to be!!

Cheers Dave

Welcome, and feel free to chat shitcoins. Just expect to be roasted by the Bitcoin maxis.

HOLA4421
44 minutes ago, Data Dave said:

I need someones opinion on IOTA [MIOTA] and BAT, ive suddenly got a bit flappy despite being a long term investor.

With alts forget about any characteristic of the actual coin, just look at the graphs and try and front run the pump and dumps if thats your idea of fun

Edited by goldbug9999

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
1 minute ago, Data Dave said:

Thank you & undertone duly noted! 

A few like BAT have a potential purpose but it is way too early to tell whether any of them will succeed. I have small handful which I will keep and check again in 5 years. 

HOLA4425