House Price Crash Forum

The Bubbly Bitcoin Thread -- Merged Threads

HOLA441
18 minutes ago, longgone said:

That article says nothing of the sort.

For the last time you  need to clearly explain why Bitcoin is a ponzi. If you truely believed it then it would be easy. So go on...

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
27 minutes ago, longgone said:

possible but what makes it valuable ? whales never selling 😂

You’re here meant to be explaining for the umpteenth time why Bitcoin is a Ponzi. If you want to learn what makes it valuable then read The Bitcoin Standard. 

“If you don’t believe it or don’t get it, I don’t have the time to try to convince you, sorry.”

— Satoshi Nakamoto

HOLA446
HOLA447
3 minutes ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

You’re here meant to be explaining for the umpteenth time why Bitcoin is a Ponzi. If you want to learn what makes it valuable then read The Bitcoin Standard. 

“If you don’t believe it or don’t get it, I don’t have the time to try to convince you, sorry.”

— Satoshi Nakamoto

just want to know what event could plummet the price overnight. any possible investor would need to know. 

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
8 hours ago, Chunketh said:

Hodl McHodlface?

Absolutely something like this!

8 hours ago, Chunketh said:

My other halfs brother in law sells these (and a LOT bigger). He told me to rent them if I ever feel the urge.

I think, with a sensible (Captain's) hat on, renting is the way. I can see me getting bored after 3 days into a trip.

HOLA4412
9 minutes ago, mrlegend123 said:

explain to me why bitcoin has dropped since the ban on trading derivatives on crypto????

The ban was announced months ago when the price was below 20k. So the question should be: why the UK announcing a ban caused the price to triple 🙃?

(Hint: the two things have nothing to do with each other. The FCA FSA is just trying to prevent UK institutions from ending up squeezed short bitcoin and losing billions, see GameStop. This is good for the UK.  This is also good for Bitcoin, because believers are not going to be conned into paper coins. Win-win!)

HOLA4413
22 hours ago, goldbug9999 said:

We asked watch makers in switzerland what they though of the new quartz mechanisms - "absolutely brilliant ! cheap and reliable, keeps perfect time, no need to bother with our services anymore".

Wonder what they make of smart watches? No kids are buying Swiss mechanical anymore - Gen X is the last generation doing Swiss watches.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
26 minutes ago, jiltedjen said:

wonder how many years bitcoin will be around until everyone who calls its a ponzi instead starts to call it an asset class.

20 years? 30 years? 50 years? its never going to zero. 

bitcoin wont die. 

Yes it will die im afraid. it's nothing but a fad. You're caught up in the bubble nonsense jill (I expected more from you) 

Bitcoin does nothing, is nothing and will be nothing

#

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
27 minutes ago, Warlord said:

Yes it will die im afraid. it's nothing but a fad. You're caught up in the bubble nonsense jill (I expected more from you) 

Bitcoin does nothing, is nothing and will be nothing

#

Has low effort posting on here become an official Olympic sport ?. Your just ranting like a teenager, I mean how old are you - 12 ?. You make @longgoneposts look thoughtful and intelligent. But hey, have fun staying poor.

Edited by goldbug9999

HOLA4419
2 minutes ago, goldbug9999 said:

Why does the price of gold rise ?. Hint - its not because the gold in fort knox is one day going to be melted down for rings and circuit boards.

Stop trying to compare BTC to gold. Gold has an established use over the last 5,000 years,  BTC has been around 10 years and has no established use. In fact the purpose was to be a digital currency to replace the £ and $ which has failed. It is now nothing but a speculative instrument  with wild swings nearly every week.   

HOLA4420
9 minutes ago, Warlord said:

Stop trying to compare BTC to gold. Gold has an established use over the last 5,000 years,  BTC has been around 10 years and has no established use. In fact the purpose was to be a digital currency to replace the £ and $ which has failed. It is now nothing but a speculative instrument  with wild swings nearly every week.   

Gold manages just fine without being a $/£ replacement, so gold has more history yes, but for say a 20 year old, 10 years is as good as 5000 its the time span they have been aware of the concept of money, there is an upcoming generation who have never know a world without bitcoin.

Also we could view time as human interaction and communication years: one year in the internet age is probably worth a hundred pre internet. So on that scale its more like 10 vs a 50 years rather than 5000.

At least your not using the completely bogus "intrinsic value" argument though so props for that.

Edited by goldbug9999

HOLA4421
2 hours ago, Lenelby said:

57FB2F6A-39D9-4512-BB43-4B4A5FEA0145.jpeg

Thank you that's perfect!

Wish we could add on house prices + the railway mania also

Bitcoin is not some flash in the pan, its not behaving like a pump and dump bubble, its acting more like early apple shares, its acting like a new asset class.

Millennials are starting to disrupt the system, have you seen how reddit has caused chaos in GME shares?

Its all very very anti-boomer, anti establishment.

Bitcoin will do well with the new generation, the crushed generation is going to get very aggressive and vengeance and retribution is coming, you just cant have 99% of the wealth stored in one greedy generation

HOLA4422

Once the CBs create their own digital currency (coming soon), people will jump ship from bitcoin. 

Noone has a clue who created bitcoin and its full history !! Do you think the CBs allow it to grow? no way, bitcoin is just dumb investors piling into something worth 'nothing' = pointless and speculative. 

HOLA4423
1 minute ago, mrlegend123 said:

Once the CBs create their own digital currency (coming soon), people will jump ship from bitcoin. 

Noone has a clue who created bitcoin and its full history !! Do you think the CBs allow it to grow? no way, bitcoin is just dumb investors piling into something worth 'nothing' = pointless and speculative. 

Who cares who created it. The source code is freely available to inspect.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425