House Price Crash Forum

The Bubbly Bitcoin Thread -- Merged Threads

HOLA441
HOLA442
43 minutes ago, GreenDevil said:

Pretty poor investing by Schiff then.

Missed both bitcoin and Tsla, and has all his hope pinned on the most manipulated market of all, Gold 😅

Even i nailed one of the bubbles and hes supposed to be a pro.

There are no pros. Anyone who could predict bubbles with greater accuracy than a dice roll would be a billionaire in a decade and wouldn't have to be writing blogs about it.

And if people could do it, there would be a lot of them and we'd have a lot more billionaires.

Edited by dugsbody

HOLA443
Just now, dugsbody said:

There are no pros. Anyone who could predict bubbles with greater accuracy than a dice roll would be a billionaire in a decade and wouldn't have to be writing blogs about it.

I would say that electric cars and electronic money aren't dice rolls, they're dead cert technological advances. If you're too much of a dinosaur to follow the tech, then expect to be called a dinosaur. Telsa will be 10,000USD, Bitcoin 100k and schiff will still be waiting for the fed to raise rates. 

HOLA444
8 minutes ago, GreenDevil said:

I would say that electric cars and electronic money aren't dice rolls, they're dead cert technological advances. If you're too much of a dinosaur to follow the tech, then expect to be called a dinosaur. Telsa will be 10,000USD, Bitcoin 100k and schiff will still be waiting for the fed to raise rates. 

Neither electric cars or electric money are new and neither Tesla nor Bitcoin have monopolies. 

Tech is wonderful. This is bubble territory like no other. There are double the number of firms trading at over 100 times earnings than at the end of the dotcom bubble. 

If you have the ability to time those markets then awesome - there's money to be made and money to be lost.

Tesla is worth more than Ford, General Motors, BMW, Volkswagen, Fiat Chrysler and Ferrari combined. Those older companies might not sexy but they do make money, innovate and have massive market share. 

HOLA445
13 minutes ago, GreenDevil said:

Yes, electric cars are dead certs. But people can have various opinions about which companies will be the most successful in those industries. If these things were certain then everyone would be all in TSLA.

Edited by dugsbody

HOLA446
HOLA447
On 09/01/2021 at 14:56, scottbeard said:

Not really - whenever a bitcoin is transacted you have to have both a buyer AND a seller.  And it's not a case that EITHER party needs to be a "believer" or "non-believer" as such.

Indeed, in economic terms we are all "believers" in things, just at different prices.

For example, i'm sure you'd take a bitcoin if someone offered you it for, say, $30,000 given that you could almost immediately sell it on the open market for $40,000.  That doesn't make you a "believer".  Equally someone might do that trade with you even if they are a long-term believer in bitcoin, if they feared an imminent temporary crash.

But that price we're prepared to pay doesn't stay fixed - it changes.  What happens over time is that the price at which we are all happy to buy and sell things changes every day, depending upon what is happening in the world, our lives and the complex interaction of millions of other things.

As people's belief in Bitcoin strengthens they are prepared to pay more to buy them, and reluctant to sell them for less.  In your language, it's the strength of belief and not the number of believers that is really the key. 

no one cares about it its not even the best tech. its just a speculation tool. buy a ton of it the price rises and so do the share price of the company buying it. 

rinse and repeat forever. 

HOLA448
1 hour ago, GreenDevil said:

Pretty poor investing by Schiff then.

Missed both bitcoin and Tsla, and has all his hope pinned on the most manipulated market of all, Gold 😅

Even i nailed one of the bubbles and hes supposed to be a pro.

He does not participate in bubbles.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
6 minutes ago, longgone said:

Ejeokyn.gif

Just like that plane crash (remote controlled experiment with crash test dummies onboard), this BTC landing is just a small bit of turbulence in an exciting and wild ride to retirement!

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
4 minutes ago, Warlord said:

‘Prepare to lose all your money’ — regulator’s blunt warning on bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/prepare-to-lose-all-your-money-regulators-blunt-warning-on-bitcoin-and-other-cryptocurrencies-11610365823?mod=home-page

BREAKING NEWS:

Bankster cartel don’t like financial freedom for the plebs. 

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
5 minutes ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

BREAKING NEWS:

Bankster cartel don’t like financial freedom for the plebs. 

They didn't mention this with banking shares back in 2007 😂

I'm well ahead of them though. I entered Bitcoin ages 'prepared to lose all my money'. I was also prepared to become a millionnaire too. Very well prepared in fact.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
1 hour ago, Unmoderated said:

Neither electric cars or electric money are new and neither Tesla nor Bitcoin have monopolies. 

image.jpeg.3ba103ef16e291059db6f3a34773ecb7.jpeg

That's how I see Tesla.

The German's make far superior cars!

Edited by Mikhail Liebenstein

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
2 hours ago, azogar said:

look out below 1181870120_download(2).thumb.png.082d1c8da465f9917c6e47eb4f4c1aca.png

Every time BTC goes up, a bunch of people say it's going to $1 million

Every time BTC goes down, another bunch say it's going to zero

Just buy some, sit on it for a decade, and ignore both groups is my approach.  So far working...

HOLA4424
HOLA4425
2 minutes ago, zugzwang said:

It's all about the volatility: Bitcoin's frothier than an almond-milk shakerato!

Far too volatile to serve as store of value.

2b3a216436b62b142bf408446a8a23b9.jpg&f=1

Something with no inherent value is impossible to value. Worth a billion? .. sure, nothing? ... no problem.

Anyway, I sold as much ETH as i could, $1200... lol. 

First Mover: Cryptocurrency Euphoria Hits Breaking Point as Miners Lose Nerve

The recent euphoria in cryptocurrencies morphed into a severe sell-off, as bitcoin prices dove 12% on Monday, which would be the most for a single calendar day since March.

Prices for the largest cryptocurrency had soared last week to an all-time high of $41,962, and that level was apparently sufficient to prompt some cryptocurrency miners to take profits. Declines were broad-based across digital-asset markets, with ether (ETH), XRP (XRP), litecoin (LTC) and cardano (ADA) suffering declines in the double-digit percentages. 

“Time to take some money off the table,” Scott Minerd, chief investment officer of the Wall Street firm Guggenheim, tweeted early Monday. In December, Minerd predicted that bitcoin prices should be worth $400,000. “Bitcoin’s parabolic rise is unsustainable in the near term.”

Jan 11, 2021 at 2:02 p.m. GMT