House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
fru-gal

What Policies Have The Lib Dems Stopped The Tories From Implementing?

In formal terms, parliamentary reform, and slowed welfare cuts whilst pensioners are protected

More intangibly, you would expect much harder right wing policies to be stillborn and not come close to policy due to the presence of the lib dems

Watch this:

then ask the same question to yourself.

as stalin said, it's not the votes that count, it's who counts the votes.

problem being for those who assume positions of authority with this particular frame of mind against the "peasants", is that they all seem to end up in a rather bad way.

should be a warning for our political class...it does happen here from time to time too.

yes, winston churchill thought the french revolution a tragedy.

..but what were the primary causes for the french revolution?

..the first that springs to mind is an out-of-touch aristocratic class who had basically stolen the property of what should have belonged to the very poorest.

actually that's also old-testament biblical principal for farmers ...don't cut the corners of the crops, so the destitute can feed themselves.

revolution was the kneejerk reaction to correct(but as pendulum-swings go there is always a bit of overswing the other way)

this one really is no different, except the pendulum is about 10 times the size and weight, and has a razor-sharp underside like the sword of damocles.

can't really expect this one to go without a serious amount of blood and guts.

if only the "aristocrats" had not been quite so greedy......some of them are probably aware that marxist doctrine actually espouses exacerbating the inequalities in order to cause the counter-reaction....but they did it anyway...Hope the bribe was worth it.

it's a buy-now-pay-later policy.

(and the constant barrage of endless repetition of property programmes/game shows etc is not by accident either.....we know who advocated these types of population-control methods last time...so it's pretty much a foregone conclusion it's the same bunch of people at it again)

these guys have fallen into the trap bigtime...hook,line and sinker.

I think it's too late for them, but not necessarily for us.

this time we have to read-up, skill up and be a little bit patient.

they will overcook it(at present we are only at maybe 10-20% critical mass before the nasty stuff starts)

...once they play their hand, some of the less informed will riot and react---these guys are predictable.

....I would hope that our cousins across the pond have started building "super-clandestine" pseudo- intelligence cells that nobody even knows about yet......to counter the counter-revolution.

for our cousins across the pond...worthwhile remembering that it was also marxist doctrine to "lead the rebellion ourselves"...in order to route out potential troublemakers to the communist regime.

so we play them at their own game.

be wise as serpents and gentle as doves.

..be quiet, listen,and watchful...and wait for the ill-informed to become the bait on the hook for the "authorities"..

....then lets go hunting.

Edited by oracle

They got a vote on AV, although they wanted PR IIRC. Think the higher personal allowance was their idea. Err..

Im sure there are things the Tories would do if it were just them, guess we'll never know though.

hopefully, they are a restraining influence of this tw@t

“I also feel a bit like, my God, we’ve really got to up our game as a country”

No sh1t, Sherlock

They got a vote on AV, although they wanted PR IIRC. Think the higher personal allowance was their idea. Err..

Yes, well documented, the raising of the personal allowance from £6,475 to £10,000.

Because the Tories stitched the Lib Dems up on Lords reform, they in response blocked the reform of the constituency boundaries to equal-sized constituencies. Another well documented episode. The status quo helps Labour as the current boundaries are skewed heavily in their favour, and may turn out to be the single most important mistake the Tories made and could result in them not getting an overall majority at the next election.

Im sure there are things the Tories would do if it were just them, guess we'll never know though.

Several have leaked out. The Tories wanted to restrict housing benefit to the over-25s only and that was blocked. All they can do is put the policy in their next manifesto and hope they can form a majority government.

Edited by mrtickle

There must be quite a few that the Lib Dems have thwarted?

Does it matter, it all comes from the EU anyway.

The faux Tories wanted to correct the corrupt voting system, but the Libs said no, as that is the only way they could get any position of power, being in a coalition. Hopefully, UKIP will be the new protest vote, and the Liberal will disappear for good.

The economic case for slavery, is put so well. Thanks, person I didn't vote for! :huh:

The question is probably missing the point.

All the government's policies involve negotiation between the two parties. Not to mention, factions within the parties.

Result: Today's Sir Humphrey gets to rule more easily than ever, by playing off the parties against each other whenever some mere politician tries to stand up to him.

hopefully, they are a restraining influence of this tw@t

No sh1t, Sherlock

Honestly, I can't imagine that Osborne would have done anything differently if the conservatives had a parliamentary majority. He'd still talk about austerity, while doing the exact opposite, all in order to maximize short-term electoral advantage without actually addressing long-term problems. The Lib Dems are the perfect excuse for his policies.

“I also feel a bit like, my God, we’ve really got to up our game as a country, and the whole of the West has to understand what is happening here in Asia,” the Daily Telegraph reported him as saying.

Most of the West does understand what is happening in Asia and China - but the article makes him sound like he didn't.

The people in the West would be better off if they understood what's happening in the West - although it's also fair to say that increasing numbers are starting to recognise the way they're being continually ripped off by their own "democratic" governments etc.

Edited by billybong

Most of the West does understand what is happening in Asia and China - but the article makes him sound like he didn't.

The people in the West would be better off if they understood what's happening in the West - although it's also fair to say that increasing numbers are starting to recognise the way they're being continually ripped off by their own "democratic" governments etc.

I read it as if he'd just lost his virginity

Since when were zero hours contracts created by a policy implemented by the Tories?

Ok they didn't originally implement the start of zero hours contracts but a massive escalation in the numbers of zero hours contracts was implemented since 2010 and the LibDems didn't either stop zero hours contracts or the escalation in their numbers.

Edited by billybong

The question is probably missing the point.

Exactly. And it really annoys me to hear Clegg claiming he's stopped anything. The Tories didn't win the election. They don't have a majority. They can do NOTHING without the Lib Dems. They didn't stop the Tories doing anything, they allowed the Tories to do everything they've done. To have such a radical government as we've had when no-one got a majority is a joke. I'd have preferred to have no government than this one (having no government didn't do Belgium any harm as far as I can tell)