House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gigantic Purple Slug

Next Gen Gaming Consoles Launch

Always good to see two giants slug it out with multi billion pound business at stake.

Launch of these consoles is starting to look a bit wishy washy though. A major all formats game has already been delayed back to next year. Another major single format title has been delayed.

Games makers seem to be under the cosh of the accountants. Get the thing to market asap. Don't worry that it's crap, you can patch it via t'internet later on.

Interesting times in the games industry.

Always good to see two giants slug it out with multi billion pound business at stake.

Launch of these consoles is starting to look a bit wishy washy though. A major all formats game has already been delayed back to next year. Another major single format title has been delayed.

Games makers seem to be under the cosh of the accountants. Get the thing to market asap. Don't worry that it's crap, you can patch it via t'internet later on.

Interesting times in the games industry.

I won't be buying. I will wait a good 6 months if not till Christmas 2014.

I played the Beta for Battlefield 4 on the xbox and was shocked how dire it was even in Beta stage. I want to see some "WOW!" games that make buying a new xbox a must have.

Forza seems like the only premium title. Killzone will do little when people are already addicted to COD. Watchdogs doesn't look like it will be as good as the latest gta. What we have here is two companies with dinosaur business models. Would be funny if a company came out with a console based around first person shooters, this industry is ripe for the taking.

Forza seems like the only premium title. Killzone will do little when people are already addicted to COD. Watchdogs doesn't look like it will be as good as the latest gta. What we have here is two companies with dinosaur business models. Would be funny if a company came out with a console based around first person shooters, this industry is ripe for the taking.

MS is p*ssing me off now each time I log in - it wants more and more details from me. I sign in with my hotmail account and it wants a second email address.

So I give them a second one and now it wants home and mobile numbers, address, etc.

Why? It already has my hotmail info.

I get this every time I try to log in.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CCkQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fm.techradar.com%2Fnews%2Fgaming%2Fvalve-steam-box-release-date-news-and-features-1127072&ei=uxBjUuKfGvOn0wW8ooC4BQ&usg=AFQjCNFX9Qb1W0AbQt4lThc-y_sGlLTGJA&bvm=bv.54934254,d.d2k

It's called the steambox

The new consoles are basically just low-end PCs. The only interesting one is the Steam box, because if Valve can convince developers to release new games on Linux, that kills one of Windows' last remaining markets.

MS is p*ssing me off now each time I log in - it wants more and more details from me. I sign in with my hotmail account and it wants a second email address.

So I give them a second one and now it wants home and mobile numbers, address, etc.

Why? It already has my hotmail info.

I get this every time I try to log in.

They want all of you, Mr Tulip.

I won't be buying. I will wait a good 6 months if not till Christmas 2014.

I played the Beta for Battlefield 4 on the xbox and was shocked how dire it was even in Beta stage. I want to see some "WOW!" games that make buying a new xbox a must have.

Bf4beta on pc was quite nice! I even bought a new hdd to accommodate the full game.

Bf4beta on pc was quite nice! I even bought a new hdd to accommodate the full game.

It was dire on the xbox. I couldn't believe how bad it was. Slow, heavy, sluggish. Weapons had little clout. Tanks/vehicles were rubbish IMPO and the graphics appalling.

It is supposed to be out in a month or so so I can't see how it will go from what I experienced to a game worth buying.

Watchdogs has been delayed. Ditto Drive Club.

Meanwhile a host of great games continues to be released on current formats including mutiformat blockbusters (COD, BF4, GTAV) as well as console specific titles (Last of Us, GT6).

The PS3 console still shipping over 170,000 units worldwide per weeks according to vgchartz, with Xbox 360 at over 80 million units worldwide according to microsoft.

It was dire on the xbox. I couldn't believe how bad it was. Slow, heavy, sluggish. Weapons had little clout. Tanks/vehicles were rubbish IMPO and the graphics appalling.

It is supposed to be out in a month or so so I can't see how it will go from what I experienced to a game worth buying.

yeah, but that was on the xbox.

Not even BFBC2 should have been released on the xbox, never mind BF3 or BF4.

All (most) games look rubbish on consoles, with low res textures, cheapo gfx rendering methods, low frame rates, screen tearing etc etc.

We are now talking about the new consoles, both of which have about 10 times the gfx processing power of the previous consoles, although only about half that of my gaming desktop PC GPU. New gen console CPUs are unfortunately very weak. But still, BF4 on the new gen consoles will look and play a whole lot nicer than what you seen on xbox.

Not as good a deal this time around as the last gen of consoles were, which at the time, brought console graphics up to par with those of a decent contemporary gaming PC. Last time round however, both MS and Sony lost money on their console units. Not so this time. For anyone who really is a graphics/performance fiend then a gaming PC that would easily outperform the new consoles can be gotten for not a whole lot more, with games costing less. But if you are one of those people who don't like the hassles that come with PC, the new consoles should offer palatable enough performance in games for at least a short while, until the developers inevitably start trying to push the bar further and further and end up releasing titles that the machines cant really handle too well.