House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frank Hovis

Felix Dexter Dies

Very funny man and my stock response to any thread saying there are no funny black British comedians (because most people think no further than Lenny Henry). Only 52, great shame and I was amazed that he wasn't a much bigger star, I classed him with John Sparkes as one of the great unappreciated comedy geniuses of the last twenty years.

I haven't been able to find any great Youtube clips of him, they're mostly from The Real McCoy with annoying intrusive laughter. This is the best I can find. His "Down the Line" contributions were always superb.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-24591754

Very funny man and my stock response to any thread saying there are no funny black British comedians (because most people think no further than Lenny Henry). Only 52, great shame and I was amazed that he wasn't a much bigger star, I classed him with John Sparkes as one of the great unappreciated comedy geniuses of the last twenty years.

I haven't been able to find any great Youtube clips of him, they're mostly from The Real McCoy with annoying intrusive laughter. This is the best I can find. His "Down the Line" contributions were always superb.

My response as well.

http://www.housepric...dpost&p=2847241

Saw him live nearly 30 years ago and he was brilliant. One of the best I've seen. Never understood why he never became a bigger name.

I'm useless for remembering comedians, because I don't like jokes, but I do remember seeing him in a few good sketches! Very good! RIP, as we say! I do hope his family can cope!

He's in citizen khan.

Possibly you've not seen it. It's erm, interesting.

Not sure what purpose it serves.

Thought Citizen Khan was the best character on Bellamy's People but very disappointed with the TV series.

Have watched this all the way through - don't remember this specifically but it's quite insane. :)

I love this series.

Been a fan of Sean Lock since the late 90s stand up circuit.

I forgot about this bit. Thanks for posting.

I'm genuinely shocked and saddened to hear this. Mr Dexter was a great comedian - I saw him on stage once - and his performances on 'Down the Line' were always hilarious. I suspect he didn't get the fame he deserved because he was always a bit too edgy for mainstream celeb entertainment. I can't imagine him poncing about with a red nose on for the BBC, for example.

I love this series.

Been a fan of Sean Lock since the late 90s stand up circuit.

I forgot about this bit. Thanks for posting.

Love Sean Lock as well. Always watch 8 out fo 10 cats.

Here's a word I'll be using in the future instead of chuggers.

Love Sean Lock as well. Always watch 8 out fo 10 cats.

Here's a word I'll be using in the future instead of chuggers.

Tidy. Not seen him live since he was doing his riddler / green leotard finale.

Bout time i caught up with him again.

Purple Van Man tour isn't it?

Really pleased he made it in to the mainstream, and at the same time, not mellowed at all as far as i can see.