House Price Crash Forum

The Fall Of The United Kingdom

Traktion

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Summary for those without an hour spare?

yt blurb

The state of the United Kingdom economy including government spending, budget deficits, interest on the debt, unfunded liabilities, public sector worker pensions, retirement savings, educational spending, health care costs, the death pathways, the myth of austerity, taxes, military spending, monetary policy, inflation, standard of living, income distribution, unemployment and mental health.

Sources: http://www.fdrurl.com/uk

While the mainstream media and government officials may paint the picture of economic growth and an impending financial recovery just around the corner, we'll examine the hard numbers and empirical evidence instead of making blind assertions.

With unsustainable yearly deficits, record levels of household debt, double digit cost of living increases, staggering amounts of unfunded liabilities, disastrous monetary policy and a health care system that has been described as being "on the brink of collapse," - hopefully this information will help people brace themselves for the unfortunate reality that...

There will be no economic recovery. Prepare yourself accordingly.

Freedomain Radio is 100% funded by viewers like you. Please support the show by signing up for a monthly subscription or making a one time donation at: http://www.fdrurl.com/donate

Bitcoin Address: 1Fd8RuZqJNG4v56rPD1v6rgYptwnHeJRWs

Litecoin Address: LL76SbNek3dT8bv2APZNhWgNv3nHEzAgKT

Get more from Stefan Molyneux and Freedomain Radio including books, podcasts and other info at: http://www.freedomainradio.com

Edited by p.p.

HOLA445
we'll examine the hard numbers and empirical evidence instead of making blind assertions.

Followed by blind assertions

With unsustainable yearly deficits, record levels of household debt, double digit cost of living increases, staggering amounts of unfunded liabilities, disastrous monetary policy and a health care system that has been described as being "on the brink of collapse,"

Usual cr4p

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

That guy makes financial Armageddon fun. ..."You have two kidneys. You OWE nineteen kidneys. It is not going to be a good weekend for you. :lol:

what...like this???

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=video&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CEYQtwIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DaclS1pGHp8o&ei=vrZhUsmoJKGS7AbIsIC4Cg&usg=AFQjCNGqWU-9p_viBoJZMHsxKmJgK4eNUg&bvm=bv.54934254,d.ZGU

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

He lives in Canada- not one of the enticing state free zones to be found in the third world- funny that- how most of the people who advocate the elimination of the state choose to live in states themselves, rather that relocate to somewhere where no irritating government will be around to impose taxes- or rule of law- on them.

So while they advocate in principal a darwinian model- in practice they opt for a state based lifestyle.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

I've tried listening to Stefan Molyneux, really I have. I'm sure he speaks the truth but he's just so smug and annoying I can't stand him. Are there any non-annoying libertarians about?

I don't mind, it'll make me feel less guilty about eventually taking all their stuff at gunpoint. :lol:

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
Because he's Canadian. Duh?

So had you been born in Russia in the era of communism you would have been happy to stay if given the choice to leave? Nonsense.

If this guy wanted to leave Canada and go live some place where no state is in control of his life then he could;

In much of Africa and Asia, states lack the capacity to raise taxes or deliver services. The contract between government and governed – imperfect in rich countries – is often altogether absent in poor countries.

Read more at http://www.project-syndicate.org/commentary/economic-development-requires-effective-governments-by-angus-deaton#xmlrpZUJIguCy2md.99

So it's not as if he has no choice- he could move to a place where he would be free of state interference- but chooses not to.

So all his posturing about the the evils of the state look just a bit silly given the fact that he freely chooses to live in one- don't you think?

HOLA4420

Sure he accurately describes the statistics but his ideas at the end are utter horse s*it. Globalization and the smashing of people power has led to these problems. Neo-liberalism and the privatisation of these markets caused the problems he talks about. More privatisation will make people's lives even more unbearable. Yes, he can go live in Sudan if he wants to experience life in a stateless country.

HOLA4421

So had you been born in Russia in the era of communism you would have been happy to stay if given the choice to leave? Nonsense.

If this guy wanted to leave Canada and go live some place where no state is in control of his life then he could;

Read more at http://www.project-syndicate.org/commentary/economic-development-requires-effective-governments-by-angus-deaton#xmlrpZUJIguCy2md.99

So it's not as if he has no choice- he could move to a place where he would be free of state interference- but chooses not to.

So all his posturing about the the evils of the state look just a bit silly given the fact that he freely chooses to live in one- don't you think?

Im not really sure what Molyneux is. He terms himself a 'voluntarist', not a minarchist libertarian (of which I was subscribe myself to) and has suggested anarchist views.

Simutaneously he re-iterates commitment to non-aggression and property rights.

I guess some african states are anarchist states, some totalitarian islamic theocracies, none are minarchist free market states with a legal structure and true enforcement of property rights however.

Whether america had a libertarian golden age is debatable. Was land signed over from natives with mutual agreement? Under duress? How can land be signed over when the natives dont practice property rights as europeans did? Aside from how it was created, by capitalism or by barbarism, Was the 'golden age' really golden? Were the robber barons legitimate actors or bandits?

HOLA4422

Sure he accurately describes the statistics but his ideas at the end are utter horse s*it. Globalization and the smashing of people power has led to these problems. Neo-liberalism and the privatisation of these markets caused the problems he talks about. More privatisation will make people's lives even more unbearable. Yes, he can go live in Sudan if he wants to experience life in a stateless country.

Libertarian analyses often raise valid issues imho, same as Marxist structural analyses. The problem, as with Marxism, is that being able to identify a problem doesn't mean that your proposed solutions to that problem are going to work out any better.

Personally, I doubt that replacing states, with their tendency to be corrupted and 'captured', with corporations, which are inherently psychopathic, would lead to much of an improvement in most folks' lot.

HOLA4423

Personally, I doubt that replacing states, with their tendency to be corrupted and 'captured', with corporations, which are inherently psychopathic, would lead to much of an improvement in most folks' lot.

Yes, because those are clearly the only possible choices.

Hint: corporation status is granted by states, so it can't exist without them.

HOLA4424

If you lived on a street where your house got looted daily, I could suggest you moved to a different street too. It doesn't really make the looting good or fair though, does it?

HOLA4425

Libertarian analyses often raise valid issues imho, same as Marxist structural analyses. The problem, as with Marxism, is that being able to identify a problem doesn't mean that your proposed solutions to that problem are going to work out any better.

Fwiw, Stefan molyneux repeatedly asserts that he doesn't have all the answers. He just suggests that encouraging some to use aggression is not the solution.