House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SHERWICK

How Did Yahoo Manage To Screw Up Their Email So Badly?

Yes, I know there's another Yahoo email thread, but it should have this title, so I'm starting a new one.

I'm utterly sick of it and I've been a Yahoo email user since 1998. I've no idea how they can release such a product with so many bugs to millions of users... particularly when nothing at all was wrong with the previous version(s) that I'd been using for well over a decade.

Ads floating around all over the place, buttons missing (e.g. to delete or move mail), extremely slow response to any user action, if any response at all.

It's a joke.

:angry:

If I remember all this rightly... both Sky and BT elected earlier this year to scrap providing their customers with email accounts/an email platform and outsourced to Yahoo.

So in terms of slow performance it might have something to do with it coming under a large amount of extra load in a short space of time.

In terms of support, both of those migrations came with a fair amount of problems and Yahoo - in the face of a huge amount of extra revenue from those two providers - might just have chosen to focus on those issues.