House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
crash 2005

Has Rightmove Organised A Party............

It seems to me that with all the upbeat data (spin) that has come from the mortgage lenders of late has had its effect on the selling public, with new instructions being totally overvalued.

and basically rightmove has reported that asking prices have risen on peoples new found expectations.

Trouble is, Nationwide are now pulling the carpet from beneath them. (last report stating expect falls in 2006)

Does this mean that in effect they've organised a party, and no one will turn up.

Time will tell if buyers stay away from property this Xmas/new year. if they do then falls could be massive next year just from shear panic, when they realise they've been strung along.

It seems to me that with all the upbeat data (spin) that has come from the mortgage lenders of late has had its effect on the selling public, with new instructions being totally overvalued.

and basically rightmove has reported that asking prices have risen on peoples new found expectations.

Trouble is, Nationwide are now pulling the carpet from beneath them. (last report stating expect falls in 2006)

Does this mean that in effect they've organised a party, and no one will turn up.

Time will tell if buyers stay away from property this Xmas/new year. if they do then falls could be massive next year just from shear panic, when they realise they've been strung along.

CRASH2005

your arguement is good but it has just 1 tincy wincy flaw.

THE MAJORITY OF THE POPULATION ARE f00KING STUPID!!!!

I want IR's 9% so all these knobs, who have propped up the market, get a fecking reality check!

CRASH2005

your arguement is good but it has just 1 tincy wincy flaw.

THE MAJORITY OF THE POPULATION ARE f00KING STUPID!!!!

I want IR's 9% so all these knobs, who have propped up the market, get a fecking reality check!

I don't think they need to rise to 9% for many to have a problem. 5% or 5.5% will be too much for many people.

Mind you fixed rates mean some people will be immume for years (but then if they are bright enough to go fixed rate they should have been bright enough not to have bought in the first place).

No, apparently Rightmove has arranged for all the would-be FTBs in the country to have a salary increase of 100%.

Everything is now back to normal.

Thank heavens eh? Was worried this was going to end up being rather unpleasant.

Someone near me bought a house a while ago and decided that as it had a bit of land on the side he would stick another house in there. It involves knocking down the garage to the existing house and building the next one right up against it (it's a semi at the moment - so will become a terrace). Having got the planning permission he put it up for sale about 6 months ago.

Now it's To Let.

Funny how all this market recovery and everything is okay stuff has passed us by in Berkshire.