House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tomandlu

I Think I've Found The Problem...

Year	Number of billionaires	Combined net worth2013	1,426	                $5.4 trillion2012	1,226	                $4.6 trillion2011	1,210	                $4.5 trillion2010	1,011	                $3.6 trillion2009	793	                $2.4 trillion2008	1,125	                $4.4 trillion2007	946	                $3.5 trillion2006	793	                $2.6 trillion2005	691	                $2.2 trillion2004	587	                $1.9 trillion2003	476	                $1.4 trillion2002	497	                $1.5 trillion2001	538	                $1.8 trillion2000	470	                $898 billion
Edited by tomandlu

Now I know why there was so much fuss about the recession in 2008/9, it was a recession for $ billionaires.

They have noticeably recovered the rest at the base of the triangle are falling into a deeper one....no trickle down to the rest, all going up again. ;)

Now I know why there was so much fuss about the recession in 2008/9, it was a recession for $ billionaires.

Indeed. Absolutely revolting.

Nice to see how they recovered and managed to surge ahead. So, those bail-outs weren't wasted after all...

Edited by tomandlu

Indeed. Absolutely revolting.

Nice to see how they recovered and managed to surge ahead. So, those bail-outs weren't wasted after all...

Thank Father Ragan and GATT. We don't make money by trade any more we just get money by increasing the debt in the system.

It reminds me of football, particularly the Scottish game where the top two continually threatened and cajoled (usually threatening to leave etc) and gradually changed the rules to divert all the cash their way - meaning no one else could compete. When riches give you power, eventually we are all ******ed.

I can't see the current situation improving until there's a reset. War, revolution, whatever. The rich will take everything they can and kill for more. No doubt some will see this as hyperbole, but I can't see any way out. In the long run, capitalism fails like those before it.

Year	Number of billionaires	Combined net worth2013	1,426	                $5.4 trillion2012	1,226	                $4.6 trillion2011	1,210	                $4.5 trillion2010	1,011	                $3.6 trillion2009	793	                $2.4 trillion2008	1,125	                $4.4 trillion2007	946	                $3.5 trillion2006	793	                $2.6 trillion2005	691	                $2.2 trillion2004	587	                $1.9 trillion2003	476	                $1.4 trillion2002	497	                $1.5 trillion2001	538	                $1.8 trillion2000	470	                $898 billion

Ah yes there are more of them but they are no better off thanks to QE aka money printing. No emoticon, I'm autistic.

Global Wealth Report 2013- Richest 10% Own 86%.

Global wealth has risen by 68 percent over the past 10 years to reach a new all-time high of $241 trillion and the United States accounts for nearly three quarters of the increase,Credit Suisse said in its World Wealth Report. Average global wealth has hit a peak of $51,600 per adult but this is spread very unevenly, with the richest 10 percent owning 86 percent of the wealth, analysts at the Credit Suisse Research Institute said.

The top 1 percent alone own 46 percent of all global assets.

Global wealth has risen by 68 percent over the past 10 years to reach a new all-time high of $241 trillion and the United States accounts for nearly three quarters of the increase,Credit Suisse said in its World Wealth Report. Average global wealth has hit a peak of $51,600 per adult but this is spread very unevenly, with the richest 10 percent owning 86 percent of the wealth, analysts at the Credit Suisse Research Institute said.

This is what puzzles me- all we ever hear from our leaders is how much financial trouble we are all in- but they never seem to point out that the world has never been richer than it is today.

Perhaps they worry that if they did point that out there will be less support for cuts to welfare, healthcare and the rest? Perhaps people might ask silly questions like " If the world has never been richer, why do we need all this austerity- what's it all for?'

And that is quite an interesting question, when you think about it. If the world today is more rich then ever before- what is austerity for? Or perhaps the question should be; who is austerity for? It's clear who loses by following this path- it's less clear who gains and how.

Yep, we've been leveraged, with our own inflated bills.

To be more precise;

We've been leveraged, with our own inflated bills PREDATORY LIAR LOANS.

Think about it: Until about 5-10 years ago, the majority of people spent the substantial majority of their net income on property... Most by putting the roof over their head.

The Banksters at Goldman Satanic-Sucks, JP Morgan, Leahmans [etc.] cottoned on to this, and devised their plan to intercept this vast, vast stream of money, and hype it up 400% and cash in with their obligatory %'s.... They came up with PREDATORY LIAR LOANS, and backed it all up with the whole in-house machinery of MBS's, CDO's, etc. - [so called "financial instruments"] -- and......... well...... the rest is history isn't it. :rolleyes:

It's the Greatest Heist in History. The Greatest pyramid/Ponzi Scam in all History.

Edited by eric pebble

The thing is that I slightly suspect that that 'wealth' is our debt...

I think that might be true.

One of the most striking things about the ongoing debate is the fact that we are constantly told about the amount of debt owed by UK PLC but no one ever seems to talk about who this debt is owed to- if there is debt there must be a creditor(s) but this reality seems oddly suppressed or ignored- it's as if the national debt were somehow a natural phenomena, like the weather- something to be endured but not questioned in any way.

It's kind of impressive that the MSM can be so erudite and detailed in it's forensic analysis of our national debt while never, ever, mentioning who it is we owe the money to- and more impressive still that no one seems in any way bothered to find this out.

The UK has 7.1 trillion pounds of net wealth or 11.4 trillion dollars, nearly 5% of world asset values, but less than 1% of world population. I'm guessing nearly half of the UK households are top 10% in a world view......

http://www.cityam.com/article/uk-wealth-hits-record-high