House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

geezer466

Money Grabbing Parents Seen Off In Judge Shocker

http://www.telegraph...ies-to-sue.html

Judges ruled that schools should not have to "to safeguard children against harm in all circumstances" after a boy injured himself on a water fountain

I sincerely hope the ambulance chasing lawyer that took this case is well out of pocket...

Speaking from the family home in Cowfold, near Horsham, Mrs Pierce said she was disappointed.

"It was never about the money," she said. "It was the principle.

:P

Mrs Pierce needs clubbing with a blunt water fountain....

:lol:

"Bad water fountain!" Maybe she'll try and sue the manufacturers of it next. :rolleyes:

This first paragraph is interesting:

Compensation awarded to a nine-year-old boy who injured his thumb on a water fountain while attempting to punch his brother at school has been overturned by a judge who said "such things happen".

So the boy wasn't injured by using the fountain - he was actually trying to hit his own brother? That's a no goer anyway, the school would have a 'no hitting other people' policy so this incident could be filed under 'serves you right, young man. Don't do it again'.

Please, please, please can we have a photo of the Mother.

Please, please, please can she go on 'This Morning' and give an interview about why she felt the need to go to court.

I hope the judge made her pay all the costs?

A heartwarming story for sure.

But for every yin there's yang.

The drug-addled layabout unemployable thug my eldest daughter calls her boyfriend cut his finger trimming a school hedge with secateurs while he was doing part of his 200 hours community service for whatever his latest offence was.

The bloke in charge admitted he should've issued him with chain-mail gloves and that he possibly had a claim.

Cheeky get has just won two grand in compo - which means he's ended up being paid ten pound an hour for his community service.

True story, I shit you not...and why I hate No Win No Fee ambulance-chasing cockroach lawyers.

XYY

A heartwarming story for sure.

But for every yin there's yang.

The drug-addled layabout unemployable thug my eldest daughter calls her boyfriend cut his finger trimming a school hedge with secateurs while he was doing part of his 200 hours community service for whatever his latest offence was.

The bloke in charge admitted he should've issued him with chain-mail gloves and that he possibly had a claim.

Cheeky get has just won two grand in compo - which means he's ended up being paid ten pound an hour for his community service.

True story, I shit you not...and why I hate No Win No Fee ambulance-chasing cockroach lawyers.

XYY

Butchers wear chain mail gloves. Gardening work? I've seen a lot of gardening in my time and have never, ever seen anyone wearing such things.

What's next? Full body armour if you're anywhere near roses or brambles?

Butchers wear chain mail gloves. Gardening work? I've seen a lot of gardening in my time and have never, ever seen anyone wearing such things.

I cut my pinkie all the way through with a pair of secateurs a few years back (long heavy job, I was tired)...

2d8l4k8.jpg

The bleeding was Pythonesque. I asked the other half to help bandage it up. She fainted.

Now I wear a filleting glove on my left hand whenever doing any moderate/ heavy work with sharps.

Two grand though, f*** me...

http://www.telegraph...ies-to-sue.html

I sincerely hope the ambulance chasing lawyer that took this case is well out of pocket...

:P

The District Judge who originally awarded compo should have been struck off.

I suspect the money grubbing lawyer who originally took on this case was anticipating a out of court commercial settlement.

I cut my pinkie all the way through with a pair of secateurs a few years back (long heavy job, I was tired)...

2d8l4k8.jpg

The bleeding was Pythonesque. I asked the other half to help bandage it up. She fainted.

Now I wear a filleting glove on my left hand whenever doing any moderate/ heavy work with sharps.

Two grand though, f*** me...

Mate of mine says his firm ( he is a director) have been advised by their insurers that any claim under 3K that has even just a little substance should be settled as the costs of defending would be more than a quick payment.

I personally have all my staff wear crash helmets when walking and all our walls are padded 6 ins deep...I carry them up and down stairs...better safe than sorry.

I personally have all my staff wear crash helmets when walking and all our walls are padded 6 ins deep...I carry them up and down stairs...better safe than sorry.

10cradj.jpg

Mate of mine says his firm ( he is a director) have been advised by their insurers that any claim under 3K that has even just a little substance should be settled as the costs of defending would be more than a quick payment.

Which then just encourages another 10 chancers to make their <£3k claim :angry:

I fought the 'commercial settlement' approach irrespective of fault tooth and nail when I worked in the PUbCo industry.

I've never cut myself with secateurs, but things like that just terrify me. I used to lacerate myself all the time with a Stanley knife though. My tip: use ptfe tape to bandage it up and seal in the bleeding, and then a wind of insulation tape to hold it down. Larger wounds may need duck/duct tape. Cheaper than plasters and bandages. Probably best to remove it after 24hrs or so to enable healing, but it's great at stopping the initial bleeding.

ps not sure if we are supposed to say "duck" or "duct" these days. Saying "duck" used to mark you out as probably illiterate, but I suspect these days, saying "duct" will mark you out as a pedant. Hence this ps to basically clarify, that I am neither stupid nor pedantic. Or possibly both.

pps I'm being serious, except for the bit about the duck/t tape. I've never had a wound that actually required that.

I've never cut myself with secateurs, but things like that just terrify me. I used to lacerate myself all the time with a Stanley knife though. My tip: use ptfe tape to bandage it up and seal in the bleeding, and then a wind of insulation tape to hold it down. Larger wounds may need duck/duct tape. Cheaper than plasters and bandages. Probably best to remove it after 24hrs or so to enable healing, but it's great at stopping the initial bleeding.

ps not sure if we are supposed to say "duck" or "duct" these days. Saying "duck" used to mark you out as probably illiterate, but I suspect these days, saying "duct" will mark you out as a pedant. Hence this ps to basically clarify, that I am neither stupid nor pedantic. Or possibly both.

pps I'm being serious, except for the bit about the duck/t tape. I've never had a wound that actually required that.

The nurse who dealt with me used some steri-strips. Handy little things. I keep a few around now. For more minor gashes I have a few rolls of non-branded micropore tape dotted around my life.

If you're being really cheap you can use mushrooms.

Re. the duck tape, there's actually a brand called Duck. So you're covered.