House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
AteMoose

Hpc Members Salary Survey

very simple.... how much :-)

With all due respect, what will these figures tell you?.....an figure means very little in terms of how wealthy your overall family is or how much disposable income you have or how long you expect to earn that sum or how much in savings/investments you have or don't have and the income derived from it, some may earn money but not work say income from a trust fund. ;)

With all due respect, what will these figures tell you?.....an figure means very little in terms of how wealthy your overall family is or how much disposable income you have or how long you expect to earn that sum or how much in savings/investments you have or don't have and the income derived from it, some may earn money but not work say income from a trust fund. ;)

Indeed income these days can often be in inverted proportion to wealth. How often do we get members with vast incomes struggling to buy a house. Meanwhile could some of those in the 10k-20k band have household assets towards the million mark........frozen pensions, six figure cash deposits earning diddly squat, unmortgaged property and be messing about all day on housepricecrash..

Edited by crashmonitor

Indeed income these days can often be in inverted proportion to wealth. How often do we get members with vast incomes struggling to buy a house. Meanwhile could some of those in the 10k-20k band have household assets towards the million mark........frozen pensions, six figure cash deposits earning diddly squat, unmortgaged property and be messing about all day on housepricecrash..

Exactly. ;)

Own up, who is it that earns over £5 million. :D

Having looked it doesn't actually say pounds it could be 5 million pennies or smarties...who knows. :unsure:

Edited by winkie

You're dead right there. You can no longer become wealthy by working. Government has nationalised the national property lottery, and decided you have to be in it to win it. Taxpayers will have to fund the capital gains of homebuyers.............until they can't.

Exactly. ;)

Having looked it doesn't actually say pounds it could be 5 million pennies or smarties...who knows. :unsure:

Is Sibley back on here?

A more interesting thing to measure might be income versus outgoings in relation to freedom. For example, how many days a month do you need to work to cover your living expenses?

A more interesting thing to measure might be income versus outgoings in relation to freedom. For example, how many days a month do you need to work to cover your living expenses?

~ 40% of each month.

Can someone who understands the forum s/w and who isn't using a phone, add this survey - much more interesting.

But there are a lot of alternative cuts.

I'd say household income rather than personal.

And total income or just "earned" income?

Spend_ratio = expenditure/(earned_income + investment_income) ?

I used to earn over £5 million per month.

( £ was the currency symbol for Italian Lire, and £1 million was about 400 squids)

As for this survey, you need to clarify. Main salary? All earned income? All income both earned and unearned? Before or after tax? Normalised to full-time equivalent or as-is? Including value of any perks?

Maybe a survery we should do would be housing costs as percentage of income.

Or disposable income.

I am surprised to see the average salary on here according to stats is somewhere around the 50K mark though i believe those saying 5M + are probably teasing

Or disposable income.

I am surprised to see the average salary on here according to stats is somewhere around the 50K mark though i believe those saying 5M + are probably teasing

....lies damn lies and statistics. ;)

Or disposable income.

Well I wouldn't be surprised if John Hunt came now and again

If you stopped working today how long before you ran out of money?

Yes, good one....but it has to be your own money, not charity/benefits, family and friends or borrowed money. ;)