House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
scrappycocco

Kinebars With The Hologram

Closest I can find is Atkinsons, who are utterly reliable; Sutton Coldfield, Nr Birmingham.

Different experience here with Atkinsons. First time I wanted to buy a silver monster box, placed the order all confirmed but no deposit paid as I wanted it split into 2 invoices to avoid the 1 transaction over 5k messing about crap. In that time silver reversed 50 points and they wouldn't honour it.

Second time they just plain wouldn't split it into 2 invoices for me (buying gold on a smashdown, just making excuses not to sell cheap)

Ended up buying everything in Germany and even after fx conversions gold worked out cheaper although both tax free and silver much cheaper obviously due to 7% rather than 20% tax. I'll never call Atkinsons again, good prices yes but meaningless if you can't actually buy it from them.

Also in Germany gold had reversed a fair amount before they invoiced me but they kept their end of the bargain. Honour is still there in some companies thank goodness.

Edited by honkydonkey

@ Honkey Donkey. If your purchases in a year meet, or exceed 5k you have to go through all the "messing about crap". Atkinsons were in order, it is you who is out of line.

..._

@ Honkey Donkey.

So you wanted him to avoid a legal requirement? I'm not surprised he wouldn't do it. That's because Atkinsons are honest, and you who aren't. Good luck to you in getting what you wanted, but you can't expect him to jeopardise his livelihood in order to comply with your dodgy requirements.

If the HMRC had caught you, then in addition to any criminal penalties, Atkinsons (and you) would have been out of pocket by the price of a monster box. Not surprised Mr Atkinson wouldn't do it.

Sorry, no sympathy from here.

I'm sorry but you're both wrong. The limit is 10k a year or any single purchase over 5k, so all I was asking him to do was split it into 2 orders as if I phoned up in the morning and bought 5oz, then did the same in the afternoon.

There's nothing dodgy about it, and this is exactly what they did the first time I called them but didn't honour it after the price moved.

I'm sorry but you're both wrong. The limit is 10k a year or any single purchase over 5k, so all I was asking him to do was split it into 2 orders as if I phoned up in the morning and bought 5oz, then did the same in the afternoon.There's nothing dodgy about it, and this is exactly what they did the first time I called them but didn't honour it after the price moved.

You are full of it.

Atkinsons were covering their backsides, and as I trade a lot with them....good on them I say.

They are allowed to demand ID if they have suspicions. Somebody like you calling up with an unusual request like this would ring bells for me as well.

You haven't even told the whole story. As you live in Germany, why not buy in Germany, why no mention of that fact here.

..._

You are full of it.

Atkinsons were covering their backsides, and as I trade a lot with them....good on them I say.

They are allowed to demand ID if they have suspicions. Somebody like you calling up with an unusual request like this would ring bells for me as well.

You haven't even told the whole story. As you live in Germany, why not buy in Germany, why no mention of that fact here.

..._

I'm just stating my bad experience just as you're staying your positive one, what's the issue?

I didn't live in Germany when I wanted to buy the silver and I wanted to buy the gold in the UK as that's where I'm keeping it.

I take it you did see the part of my post where I said 'ended up buying in Germany'?

I find your tone unjustified.

Edited by honkydonkey