House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

happy_renting

National Fungus Day

Looks like he is pinching a loaf right now

his missus is nothing but truffle

Stop all this fungal innuendo! You are making me laugh, and that isn't very scientific! :o

13 October 2013 is National Fungus Day.

What will you be doing to mark it?

Picking wild mushrooms. Tomorrow as well as it happens.

The middle of last week was Peak Shroom though. An elderly relative who has some kind of lunar/ astrological system going tells me that things are going to get good again round about 18-20th.

The middle of last week was Peek Shroom though. An elderly relative who has some kind of lunar/ astrological system going tells me that things are going to get good again round about 18-20th.

That's not a relative, is it? It's you! ;)

The middle of last week was Peak Shroom though. An elderly relative who has some kind of lunar/ astrological system going tells me that things are going to get good again round about 18-20th.

Enjoy your trip

Just been to W H Smiths. Very disappointed.

I couldn't find a Happy Fungus Day card for my mother. She'll be gutted.

.....take her a mushroom......mushrooms on toast.....how mush room do you have? ;)

Tescos loose white mushrooms are outrageously cheap at the moment, we have been stuffing ourselves with mushrooms cooked slowly in butter. Lovely.

Enjoy your trip

It was cosmic. Thank you.

Not many mushrooms though. Here's some of today's meagre pickings about to go on the drier...

14mrgih.jpg

There hasn't been a flush of decent edible mushrooms since the beginning of the month. I noticed a few nasties though; Panther Caps, some even scarier Amanitas. I fear for National Fungus Day. There may be casualties.

It was cosmic. Thank you.

Not many mushrooms though. Here's some of today's meagre pickings about to go on the drier...

I usually turn to Tesco, rather than picking my own! You can get funny shaped mushrooms, which aren't poisonous! ;)

I usually turn to Tesco, rather than picking my own! You can get funny shaped mushrooms, which aren't poisonous! ;)

If Tescos sold the mushrooms in that photo MrPin, they'd go for thirty quid plus a kilo fresh. In the wild they're a wily*, elusive quarry.

They're a staple of Italian cooking and folk from the valley where my father's family hail from pride themselves on their finely-honed shroom-stalking powers.

* Unlike these, which are a willy, elusive quarry.

Have picked lots of fungus....can anyone identify it? got the food for free book but still not 100% sure......if I boil them well will I be protected? ;)

Edit:

ChickenOfTheWoods.jpg

Chicken in the woods.

Have picked lots of fungus....can anyone identify it? got the food for free book but still not 100% sure......if I boil them well will I be protected? ;)

Chicken in the woods.

Boil poisonous mushrooms and you end up with boiled poisonous mushrooms.

Boil poisonous mushrooms and you end up with boiled poisonous mushrooms.

Are they nice on toast? ;)