House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Kissing Assesses The Genetic Quality Of A Potential Sexual Partner

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/an-answer-to-the-jane-austen-problem-kissing-assesses-the-genetic-quality-of-a-potential-sexual-partner-8872692.html

Kissing is a way for people to assess the genetic quality of a potential sexual partner and is especially important for women to size up a future husband according to a study into the “Jane Austen problem”.

Anthropologists have long argued about why humans are particularly prone to kissing which appears to be a near universal behaviour among potential lovers, and now they think they have come close to explain why it is so important.

A survey of 900 men and women confirmed that kissing appears to play a central role in assessing a future partner, which is especially important for the Ms Bennets of the world who are in search for their Mr Darcys, said Professor Robin Dunbar of Liverpool University.

“Mate choice and courtship in humans is complex. It involves a series of periods of assessments where people ask themselves 'shall I carry on deeper into this relationship?' Initial attraction may include facial, body and social cues. The assessments become more and more intimate as we go deeper into the courtship sage, and this is where kissing comes in,” Professor Dunbar said.

“In choosing partners, we have to deal with the Jane Austen problem: how long do you wait for Mr Darcy to come along when you can't wait forever and there may be lots of women waiting just for him? At what point do you have to compromise for the curate?” he said.

More ground breaking science.....

I thought people just kept swapping whilst waiting for Mr Right, whilst women keep on constructing a ever more impossible version of Mr Right who doesn't exist. Meanwhile men just have to try and find the one with the fewest stability issues.... :ph34r::lol::lol:

So kissing is important, brilliant discovery and mate choice and courtship is complex.... Perhaps the Prof should go out on some student nights....

The best woman to kiss I've known was an unstable mad halfwit, so either this is total b*llocks or I've only got the bit of the brain that measures sexual potential.

You have met my ex-wife, haven't you? :huh:

Mental burds are possibly good 'mates' ?

Back in the day would we not just have given them a whack over the head and be done with it ? Control their mentalNess that way ?

Not very pc - but i imagine your ancient caveman was more Geoffrey Boycott than Ed Milliband.

Mental burds are possibly good 'mates' ?

Back in the day would we not just have given them a whack over the head and be done with it ? Control their mentalNess that way ?

Not very pc - but i imagine your ancient caveman was more Geoffrey Boycott than Ed Milliband.

I can't imagine, you are clubbing the gurls on the head, and taking them back to your cave! Now MrPin has a story! I went for a drink with a lady once! She is very pretty and playing the piano at me! I commented, she has little hands, and how does she do it so well! ;) Well, she said, these will make your nob look big! Of course The Pin has something, that makes her vagina look extremely large! ;)

I can't imagine, you are clubbing the gurls on the head, and taking them back to your cave! Now MrPin has a story! I went for a drink with a lady once! She is very pretty and playing the piano at me! I commented, she has little hands, and how does she do it so well! ;) Well, she said, these will make your nob look big! Of course The Pin has something, that makes her vagina look extremely large! ;)

Oh so MRPin is a reference to your smallness in that area? And everyone one wonders about the poster called Winkie!

:D

I have small hands myself so don't have to rely on a small handed burd to help me out !!

I kid you not - a female friend of mine rang me last night about midnight, and kept me on the phone for 1 hour and 36 minutes, talking about whether men could know whether a woman "was up for it" from a kiss.

This story appears to have the ladies' worried.

Naturally, I said that, yes, we all could :D

I kid you not - a female friend of mine rang me last night about midnight, and kept me on the phone for 1 hour and 36 minutes, talking about whether men could know whether a woman "was up for it" from a kiss.

:D

First weekend I stayed over at my current girlfriends a pre condition was separate rooms. Once the really passionate snogging got going that rule lasted about 10 minutes :lol:

Oh so MRPin is a reference to your smallness in that area? And everyone one wonders about the poster called Winkie!

Winkie is a lady, and you treat her like such! I know about ladies, I read a book once! ;)

Of course we can, and sometimes you can even smell it on their breath, that really spooks them. ;)

Was it 'A Man and his Maid'?

You must think I'm a right cheesy ******er? ;)

I don't suffer from "smallness", Mr Hector! I'm the same size as everybody else, but bigger! :huh:

Of course we can, and sometimes you can even smell it on their breath, that really spooks them. ;)

That's Gin isn't it! ;);)