House Price Crash Forum

H2B Email From The Conservatives

HOLA441

From the Conservatives (yes, I once was a member, so still get their emails). this in David Cameron's voice:

"This week I met up with Kayleigh and Chris – a couple from Northamptonshire who are about to buy their first home. And they’re able to do it with help from this Government.

Kayleigh and Chris both have good jobs and great prospects. But still they couldn’t afford the deposit for a house. Stories like this are all too common in our country at the moment. People are finding it impossible to get on the housing ladder – for far too many, the dream of home ownership is being denied.

So this week we launched the Help to Buy mortgage guarantee. If you’ve got 5 per cent of a house deposit, the Government’s guarantee will help you get a mortgage to cover the rest. That's what we're doing for Kayleigh and Chris - and that's what we're doing for hardworking people across the country.

Show your support for Help to Buy by sharing this infographic on Facebook and on Twitter:"

HelpToBuyRS.jpg

Gggrrrrr. They ain't getting my vote.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

From the Conservatives (yes, I once was a member, so still get their emails). this in David Cameron's voice:

"This week I met up with Kayleigh and Chris – a couple from Northamptonshire who are about to buy their first home. And they’re able to do it with help from this Government.

Kayleigh and Chris both have good jobs and great prospects. But still they couldn’t afford the deposit for a house. Stories like this are all too common in our country at the moment. People are finding it impossible to get on the housing ladder – for far too many, the dream of home ownership is being denied.

So this week we launched the Help to Buy mortgage guarantee. If you’ve got 5 per cent of a house deposit, the Government’s guarantee will help you get a mortgage to cover the rest. That's what we're doing for Kayleigh and Chris - and that's what we're doing for hardworking people across the country.

Show your support for Help to Buy by sharing this infographic on Facebook and on Twitter:"

HelpToBuyRS.jpg

Gggrrrrr. They ain't getting my vote.

It's going to be very hard to ever cancel the scheme.

HOLA444

It's going to be very hard to ever cancel the scheme.

Martin Wolf in the FT - HTB is permanent.

I think this OK to post a snippet

http://m.ft.com/cms/s/0/aa1c9dfa-30ea-11e3-b478-00144feab7de.html

Ministers also pretends the guarantees are a purely temporary arrangement. Nothing is less likely: it is the temporary that endures. The government has increased its commitment to frighteningly expensive housing. It is a trap from which the UK may not now escape.
Edited by 7 Year Itch

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

And from earlier:

AndrewSparrow (@AndrewSparrow) tweeted at 0:48 pm on Thu, Oct 10, 2013:

"Hopefully we will get a little housing boom & everyone will be happy" - Osborne to cabinet as quoted in the Indie - http://t.co/JHt85g78iV

(

)

Link that works http://www.independent.co.uk/incoming/inside-westminster-george-osbornes-housing-boom-will-echo-into-the-future-8869835.html

Edited by 7 Year Itch

HOLA449

The phrase "hard working people" just used indiscriminately over and over again.

It's glib, patronising, unconvincing, unthinking and superficial - it started with NuLabour and the Conservatives (and LibDems) seem to have just followed along with it. There must be no alternative.

Edited by billybong

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

You need to tweet that.

Ahh thanks - I'm not too pleased with it to be honest. Never have been that good with words, especially after a couple of ciders..

However, I have a blank template ready for some HPC input, so if anyone has any ideas for the text on the doormat and the lines underneath, post it here and i'll 'gimp' it for the good of the cause.

Edited by Reck B

HOLA4416

Ahh thanks - I'm not too pleased with it to be honest. Never have been that good with words, especially after a couple of ciders..

However, I have a blank template ready for some HPC input, so if anyone has any ideas for the text on the doormat and the lines underneath, post it here and i'll 'gimp' it for the good of the cause.

here you go:

A HOME OF YOUR OWN?

"Help to Buy will not help you buy a house. Help to buy will not help to make houses affordable. It will help you get further into debt than you would have done, meaning you risk losing everything you have ever worked hard for when interest rates rise. Ask yourself why the government will not let house prices come down to a fair level?"

"The ex-free market party"

Keep the large font positive. The counterpoint to the sub text makes the message more likely to be accepted (otherwise you start negative and lose them.

Can you make the change and post? Ta!

Edited by wherebee

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

here you go:

A HOME OF YOUR OWN?

"Help to Buy will not help you buy a house. Help to buy will not help to make houses affordable. It will help you get further into debt than you would have done, meaning you risk losing everything you have ever worked hard for when interest rates rise. Ask yourself why the government will not let house prices come down to a fair level?"

"The ex-free market party"

Keep the large font positive. The counterpoint to the sub text makes the message more likely to be accepted (otherwise you start negative and lose them.

Can you make the change and post? Ta!

homesweethomewherebee.jpg

HOLA4421

1. Help-to-buy means thousands of homes will earn more than hard-working people.

2. Help-to-buy means thousands of hard-working people will need two jobs just to pay the mortgage.

3. Help-to-buy means thousands of hard-working people will be outbid on their first home.

4. Help-to-buy means thousands of hard-working people should quit work and start gambling on property.

5. Help-to-buy means thousands of hard-working people are bailing out the banks again.

6. Help-to-buy means thousands more in equity for hard-working Tory MPs.

7. Help-to-buy means we learned nothing from the credit-crunch.

Edited by (Blizzard)

HOLA4422

The less you change, the closer it is to the original - ideally you want people to get the two messages confused

so leave all the text unchanged apart from the last 3 words:

just change "buy their first home"

into "buy a massively overpriced ex-council flat"

+1 for this.

or 'buy an overpriced flat for more than they can really afford'

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425