House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gigantic Purple Slug

Macro Economic No Mans Land

Feels kind of calm, even though there are an increasing number of rather unpleasant things that could kick off at any minute.

Is everyone waiting for someone else to blink ?

Edit : The big guns on here have gone pretty silent over the past few weeks.

Edited by Gigantic Purple Slug

Personally I am suffering from apocalypse fatigue at the moment- I've been waiting for things to go tit's up since CNAGO or whatever his name was was posting pictures of nuclear explosions here on a daily basis- and that seems a looong time ago now.

Maybe the Hamish tendency were right all along in their faith that the PTB could rig the system indefinitely- certainly they have the will to do so.

On the other hand I can see the glacial creep of accumulated interventions building up like mutations in DNA and it's hard to believe that in the long run the result will not be something nasty and possibly terminal- but that long run could be very long indeed.

So I no longer wear my tin foil hat with the jaunty confidence of the true believer- but I'm not quite ready to join the ranks of the singing pig yet either.

So yes- it's no mans land for me right now- the apocalypse may not have been cancelled but it's late- very late.

Personally I am suffering from apocalypse fatigue at the moment- I've been waiting for things to go tit's up since CNAGO or whatever his name was was posting pictures of nuclear explosions here on a daily basis- and that seems a looong time ago now.

Maybe the Hamish tendency were right all along in their faith that the PTB could rig the system indefinitely- certainly they have the will to do so.

On the other hand I can see the glacial creep of accumulated interventions building up like mutations in DNA and it's hard to believe that in the long run the result will not be something nasty and possibly terminal- but that long run could be very long indeed.

So I no longer wear my tin foil hat with the jaunty confidence of the true believer- but I'm not quite ready to join the ranks of the singing pig yet either.

So yes- it's no mans land for me right now- the apocalypse may not have been cancelled but it's late- very late.

Don't discard your TFH just yet, wp. ;)

http://www.truth-out.org/news/item/19073-risky-repair-of-fukushima-could-spill-15000-times-the-radiation-of-hiroshima-create-85-chernobyls