New Site For Planning Applications And Asking Prices

2buyornot2buy

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

You are brilliant 2buyornot2buy

Look what is available in their products!!

http://www.geopii.com/comper/ Comper

All we ever did for comps was phone local agents and take their word for sale prices.I have emailed geopii for more details and prices. I think it would have to be a purchase and or subscription - it would need updated regularly. Perhaps they do one off's for a fee? If you watch the slide presentation it looks fairly comprehensive.

So, again - why can we not have this information at LR?

• Quickly Locate Sales Evidence
  • Review Similar Properties Nearby
  • Alter Selection Criteria
  • Easily Swap Comps
  • Store Changes
  • Create Web Reports

Edited to say You have made my day :D

Edited by neontetra

HOLA446

You are brilliant 2buyornot2buy

Look what is available in their products!!

http://www.geopii.com/comper/ Comper

All we ever did for comps was phone local agents and take their word for sale prices.I have emailed geopii for more details and prices. I think it would have to be a purchase and or subscription - it would need updated regularly. Perhaps they do one off's for a fee? If you watch the slide presentation it looks fairly comprehensive.

So, again - why can we not have this information at LR?

Edited to say You have made my day :D

Lol. Only came across the property section today Neontetra. I'll have to have a proper look around. I notice the property reports only go to 2012. Do you think post 2012 are available through subscription? Let us know what you hear back. Seems tge info comes from propertypal. So only asking prices. But still good info.

HOLA447

Lol. Only came across the property section today Neontetra. I'll have to have a proper look around. I notice the property reports only go to 2012. Do you think post 2012 are available through subscription? Let us know what you hear back. Seems tge info comes from propertypal. So only asking prices. But still good info.

Of course I will let you know if any thing interesting comes back.

A quick phone call and a small credit card payment later will provide a file containing data on every property transaction in Edinburgh, London or Cardiff but not in Belfast. So how come?

People have been chasing this data for years and it seems the answer lies within HMRC. All property sales within Northern Ireland are recorded and managed by HMRC. In fact, HMRC provides regular updates of residential sales transactions to Land and Property Services – a division within the Department of Finance and Personnel, to assist in their valuation process but LPS doesn't supply this information to anyone else.

This is a ridiculous situation as the same information is available elsewhere in the UK and the vendor and buyer information is completely irrelevant to analysis. Notwithstanding, there are two fundamental issues arising. Firstly, UK Government policy and the policy of every political party in Northern Ireland is to engender an entrepreneurial spirit and specifically to encourage SME's to create product from data hitherto kept within the confines of government. Secondly, there is the very valid societal argument that the release of this data into the public domain will be advantageous to 'NI PLC' as a whole because access to real market transactions will allow a comprehensive understanding of the market and offer a definitive rather than abstracted view of what's really going on – something which many commentators blame for some of the lack of confidence in the Housing market. So, because the Government refuses to release this data products, services and jobs cannot be created. We also cannot effectively manage our way out of this mess. Yet again we in Northern Ireland are being unfairly treated by the dead hand of the public sector, the search for the Holy Grail goes on

I like these guys - they will get the sold prices soon.

http://www.geopii.com/show.php?id=5&page=Blog

HOLA448

That blog post is from April 2012 - looks like they haven't had much luck with the anti -transparency group at Stormont

I wouldn't of thought a year and a half was a particularly long time to wait for Stormont to do anything ^_^ but I had intended on asking them about it tomorrow anyway. If anything interesting is said I will let the board know. They are not the only people pushing for this level of transparency either. I still think it will happen :)

Edited - clarity

Edited by neontetra

HOLA449
  • 5 years later...
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417