House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
chronyx

Bbc Attitude Change?

I've had Radio 1 aurally douched into my ears today. Every hourly news break featured HTB2 but also a statement about it causing another house price bubble.

Also, Fearne Cotton is a ****.

End of transmission.

I've had Radio 1 aurally douched into my ears today. Every hourly news break featured HTB2 but also a statement about it causing another house price bubble.

Also, Fearne Cotton is a ****.

End of transmission.

Attitude change? No, they are just following the script of pretending "another" bubble is on the way. There is as much chance of re-inflating this bursting bubble as there is of the bbc reporting unbiased news.

Every BBC outlet seems bashing the scheme today. Sajid Javid the new Treasury Minister repeatedly refused to answer questions on first time buyers wanting lower prices rather than help to buy on BBC news 24.

Danny Alexander got ripped apart on the same question on the Today program. Again could not answer but funny hearing him squirm against the truth.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03c3cmh

2:13 hours in.

ITV News just used the [para]phrase "... a reminder to all young buyers that property prices do not necessarily go just the one way" although it did seem to be at the end of a pro-HTB bit (but I wasn't really listening)

Will look forward to the figures of how many people took up the offer.

Every BBC outlet seems bashing the scheme today. Sajid Javid the new Treasury Minister repeatedly refused to answer questions on first time buyers wanting lower prices rather than help to buy on BBC news 24.

Danny Alexander got ripped apart on the same question on the Today program. Again could not answer but funny hearing him squirm against the truth.

....he says house prices are not high....Camden 13 times average income.......they make it up as they go along. ;)

Every BBC outlet seems bashing the scheme today.

Yet it's exactly the type of policy they'd have rejoiced at under Bliar/Brown. Indecent, 'independent' broadcasters.

Yet it's exactly the type of policy they'd have rejoiced at under Bliar/Brown. Indecent, 'independent' broadcasters.

Labour and labor luvvie supporters make much better opposition than government, ie now freer of the shackles of actual power they can start to be critical where it is warranted

Just the way it is

...the plan, buy at a low, then you hype the prices up, then you work at pulling prices down so that you can buy lower with guarantees and little to put down thus secures your btl back up pension provision for less. ;)

Just listened to it, Alexander was completely disingenious. Davis played a blinder for a change, he kept him on the central point about prices whereas Alexander wanted to talk about a dearth of high LTV products.

The more scorn that gets poured on this nonsense, the better.

What could make prices go up, I mean more than say a temporary 5% caused by this scheme?

> Mortgage servicing costs cannot fall lower.

> Wages are not going up due to a world wide glut of excess labour

> Energy prices [heating, transport] are not going down any time soon.

> Food prices are not going down as the growing worldwide population compete for food.

> Investors have reached a peak low of around 3% yield in London.

I just cant see one or more things that caused the last boom [reduced servicing costs primarily, growing wages and cheaper import prices] reversing trend.

People are broke [unless your a banker] and getting broker by the day.

What could make prices go up, I mean more than say a temporary 5% caused by this scheme?

> Food prices are not going down as the growing worldwide population compete for food.

I just cant see one or more things that caused the last boom [reduced servicing costs primarily, growing wages and cheaper import prices] reversing trend.

True. I can`t see this scheme making much difference TBH.

Heard a news summary on the radio today, bbc, said that 'critics fear htb could cause higher house prices'. No explanation that higher house prices are not good anymore, just an implicit association that higher house prices is something to be feared. I suspect some express readers were confused before the pretty music took away those nasty thoughts.

Heard a news summary on the radio today, bbc, said that 'critics fear htb could cause higher house prices'. No explanation that higher house prices are not good anymore, just an implicit association that higher house prices is something to be feared. I suspect some express readers were confused before the pretty music took away those nasty thoughts.

And they want sheeple to hear - there IS going to be HTB, so there IS going to be another housing bubble, better rush out and "buy" :lol: The bbc have changed how they present the propaganda, not their attitude.

And they want sheeple to hear - there IS going to be HTB, so there IS going to be another housing bubble, better rush out and "buy" :lol: The bbc have changed how they present the propaganda, not their attitude.

Oh yeah there is that...my naturally optimistic approach got me again

I think you are ascribing far to much cleverness to them

http://www.bbc.co.uk...rammes/b03c3cmh

Great stuff, thanks for posting the link and time.

Does anyone read the Express? I watch its headlines lying dead in the supermarket and walk away laughing.

Serious issue on the influence of the British press - and how it becomes more hysterical in search of advertising revenue as its influence dies.

However, the richest man I know - property, doncha know - subscribes to the DM on t'Apple iThingy. Unholy combination!

After xmas will the supposed migration from Romania and Bulgaria might help.