House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

How To Deliver A Parcel Us Style

From the comments on Youtube

USPS recently missed another payment on 5.6 Billion due for retiree health bebefits. As a taxpayer, you don't mind bailing them out, do you? lmao

Really? And we're going privatise the Royal Snail?

At least she got out to throw the package on to the porch - some would have just tossed it out of the van window allegedly! :lol:

Reminded me of a documentary a few years back about a mother in Hoston who drives her kids about 20 yards from the house to the bottom of the garden so that they can wait at the bus stop.

Reminded me of a documentary a few years back about a mother in Hoston who drives her kids about 20 yards from the house to the bottom of the garden so that they can wait at the bus stop.

You have to protect children for seeing something "strange"! :lol:

Postal deliveries in France, 1947-style:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfpCc8G_cUw"]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=AfpCc8G_cUw

This clip is from the movie Jour de fête, in which Jacques Tati plays a postman who is shown a documentary singing the praises of the 'rapid and efficient' American postal service (in which some letters are even delivered by helicopter!), and then decided to bring the creaking, bureaucratic French system up to date.

As for the USPS, the more observant among you will have noted that the American mail vans are right-hand drive, like British vehicles. Mailboxes are on posts on the pavement, and so the post[wom]an can drive along the street and deliver without ever having to get out of the van. And so I'm guessing that the lady in the OP's video was making a somewhat unsubtle comment on the homeowner's failure to provide a roadside mailbox.

One nice thing about the USPS is that they collect outgoing mail from your home as well as deliver incoming, hence the reason you only see public postboxes in the central business districts of cities, not in residential areas.

I don't work for RM any more but in my experience parcels are treated badly inside the mail centres.

While unloading one of the lorries I found a number of small packets marked with something like 'WARNING Biological samples BIOHAZARD – Handle with care' all marked with an NHS hospital return address, and being sent to some laboratory.

I asked my manager what I was supposed to do with them... he simply picked them up them and started throwing them a good 4 metres plus into the nearest york.

I don't work for RM any more but in my experience parcels are treated badly inside the mail centres.

I worked at DHL as a Delivery Driver and witnessed the same thing.

As parcels come down the conveyor belts they chuck them into the rolling cages. Was quite embarrassing delivering some items that look like they have been through a washing cycle.

I worked at DHL as a Delivery Driver and witnessed the same thing.

As parcels come down the conveyor belts they chuck them into the rolling cages. Was quite embarrassing delivering some items that look like they have been through a washing cycle.

which is why I often ask people to wrap and pack parcels for me like they are going to be run over by a truck. Doesn't matter which company you work for, there will be bad elements in all of them.