House Price Crash Forum

Defiant Spurs Fans Chant "y Army" Despite Police Warnings They Face Arrest For 'y Word'

HOLA441

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/spurs-fans-chant-yid-army-2345056

A Tottenham Hotspur fan was arrested for using the word ‘Y’ today as police launched a crackdown at their derby match with West Ham.

The supporter was held on suspicion of committing a public order offence.

Scotland Yard and the Football Association warned fans could face criminal charges and long banning orders over its use.

But throughout the game today thousands of followers continued to sing songs containing the word.

Police clearly had decided not to try and make large numbers of arrests at such a high-profile game.

What are they going to do arrest everyone in the stand? It seems hard to figure out how they are going to stop this and telling people to stop doing it clearly is going to trigger a response like this.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

What are they going to do arrest everyone in the stand? It seems hard to figure out how they are going to stop this and telling people to stop doing it clearly is going to trigger a response like this.

As I mentioned on the Sugar thread does this ruling mean that if some Tottenham fan sings My Yiddishe Momma at a game then they will be banged up. Presumably Sophie Tucker records and Klezmer music are now on the Premier Leagues and Plods 'verboten' list . The top tip for all Spurs fans is to actually start chanting in Yiddish. In fact the language is rich in words of abuse so is ideally suited to the needs of the average football supporter

HOLA443

Its just another headline grabbing stunt from the Society of Black Laywers (which by its very name is a racist organisation). Its the same mob who complained to the police over the Mark Clattenburg affair, which nearly destroyed his career.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/11/20/3542933/society-of-black-lawyers-to-hold-police-talks-ahead-of-complaint-

Personally I'm more worried about losing 3-0 to Stratford United at home!

HOLA444
HOLA445

The Political Correctness Vigilantes have run out of balls to crush it seems, so now they are heavily focusing their social engineering on football fans. A bunch of people who shout all manner of meaningless crap at a game, then forget about it and go home. Noticed Baddiel's brother on the news trying to ride the bandwagon in order to raise his profile and align it with the media status quo. Also cited the holocaust to further his self serving cause.....fkn crrreeeep.

I am a Dundee United fan, and attended Parkhead to watch my team getting thrashed 6-2 from Celtic. In Scotland, we are in the midst of a crackdown against football based sectarianism. Whilst it was very hard for the authorities to police the tens of thousands in Celtic end, with their only being a few hundred United fans in the ground, there was practically a police officer or other security personnel monitoring every fan who cared to shout abuse or start fan chants up. A guy in front of me got into a verbal exchange with a Celtic fan sitting just across the stand from his. This guy taunted the Celtic fan for being bald, for being a 'sunbed tanned belter', and for having no money. All the while a police woman had her eyes and ears focused on him intensely, waiting for this guy to cross the line into political incorrectness. So had this guy taunted the Celtic fan for his supposed Irish heritage, religious background, or even suggested that he were a gay, no doubt the guy in front of me would have been swiftly ejected from the ground with possible criminal charges brought against him. Later on in the game, a middle aged man in the away support was indeed ejected from the ground for claiming that the Celtic board were peadophile protectors (due rumours and allegations in Scottish media).

Whatever you think of any of this, it does seem to me to be an attempt to justify cracking down on what is essentially free speech. I suspect this sort of attention to intensify in coming decade or so with an ever-increasing list of taboo subjects which will be recognised as 'hate speech', i.e. U fat/old/ginger/baldy/tory/commie/crooked/biased/corrupt/cheating etc bstard.

HOLA446

I am a Dundee United fan, and attended Parkhead to watch my team getting thrashed 6-2 from Celtic. In Scotland, we are in the midst of a crackdown against football based sectarianism.

I never really got Scottish sectarianism. On one hand, you have fans waving the Irish flag and singing songs about the Pope, on the other you have fans waving the Union Jack and singing songs about the Queen.

Not too sure where all that fits in with Alex Salmonds vision for Scotland....

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

How many anti-semitic atrocities has blame been substantiated on tottenham fans?

What is the prompting for this gross violation of freedom of speech?

I know we now look to gutter celebrities for moral guidance, but it cant just be so baddiel still feels like someone listens to him and he's still relevant.

HOLA4410

If they were wanting to be smart they could sing a song like:

"Yid, Yid - what's a ******ing Yid - we don't know" etc

Its a simple question - of which there is clearly no agreed answer. Would never go anywhere in court ;)

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Next all Irish ex pats will be arrested each time they phone their 'Mammy' since as everyone knows

A mammy is a Southern United States archetype for a black woman who, often enslaved, worked for a white family nursing the families children.[2] The word "mammy" is a variant on the word "mother". The term is rarely used in contemporary times and is generally considered an ethnic slur.

and not just how they have always referred to their mum

HOLA4413

I liked this list of Yiddish words: http://www.dailywritingtips.com/the-yiddish-handbook-40-words-you-should-know/ , surprising how many are in the popular body of words you might already know or have heard in films.

Number 40 is particularly unsuited given the Police's engagement on this - 40 yiddisher kop - Smart person. Literally means “Jewish head.” I don’t want to know what goyisher kop means.

The history of Yiddish is fascinating, 75% of the words are Germanic and only 25% is Hebrew.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

I liked this list of Yiddish words: http://www.dailywritingtips.com/the-yiddish-handbook-40-words-you-should-know/ , surprising how many are in the popular body of words you might already know or have heard in films.

Number 40 is particularly unsuited given the Police's engagement on this - 40 yiddisher kop - Smart person. Literally means “Jewish head.” I don’t want to know what goyisher kop means.

The history of Yiddish is fascinating, 75% of the words are Germanic and only 25% is Hebrew.

The tragedy of Yiddish is that it survived as a language of most European Jews through centuries of persecution and even the Nazi holocaust but was basically undone when the state of Israel rejected it in favour of Hebrew as their national language. As a consequence the number of Yiddish speakers began to decline rapidly in the latter part of the 20th century particularly as older speakers died. This decision has never been fully accepted by some Hasidic Jews who think Hebrew is a sacred language which should be kept for religious purposes and insist on retaining Yiddish for secular use even today.

As you rightly say the language is actually closer to German than Hebrew though it contains elements of many other eastern European languages as well. It does seem to be particularly rich in words and phrases of abuse which to my mind would make it perfect for the average football fan.

So if I was a Spurs supporter I would be tempted to tell the FA and the police to gai kucken ahfen yam

HOLA4416

It does seem to be particularly rich in words and phrases of abuse which to my mind would make it perfect for the average football fan

Could you post a list?

Oh and a translation of Blue Moon would be handy too.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

The Northern Irish are mainly Scottish protestants. In fact Ulster-Scot is a dialect that has its own Census Form in Northern Ireland. They basically went there as the first 'plantation' in the British (protestant) Empire.

The Catholics in Glasgow, (Liverpool and many other places), came here to save their lives from the disgusting famine visited upon them.

So, basically, you have this Irish Catholic, Scots/Englsh Protestant mix all down the left side of the country.

It used to matter.

Scots-Irish

http://en.wikipedia....er_Scots_people

Irish-Scots

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Irish-Scots

and for those who do history further back than the planters, they ought to know that the real irish also saw the normans(sent by the pope initially) is impostors too, but have been heavily brainwashed into thinking back is white and white is black.

in fact the o'neills had a few wars with the popes in centuries past due to their "pogroms" for want of a better word in trying to romanize the celts.

christianity was on the shores of these lands 3 centuries before the council of nicea.that's the point.... not the popes type of christianity.

the sort we had was more akin the the cathars/essenes....

that's why the brits are basically being persecuted by this industrial behemoth

and yes there is a royal dynasty predating BOTH the stuarts(normans) and the windsors(hanoverians).

HOLA4423

and for those who do history further back than the planters, they ought to know that the real irish also saw the normans(sent by the pope initially) is impostors too, but have been heavily brainwashed into thinking back is white and white is black.

in fact the o'neills had a few wars with the popes in centuries past due to their "pogroms" for want of a better word in trying to romanize the celts.

christianity was on the shores of these lands 3 centuries before the council of nicea.that's the point.... not the popes type of christianity.

the sort we had was more akin the the cathars/essenes....

that's why the brits are basically being persecuted by this industrial behemoth

and yes there is a royal dynasty predating BOTH the stuarts(normans) and the windsors(hanoverians).

And this is relevant to modern man with his mortgage and weekly trips to B&Q how?

HOLA4424

:lol:

And the Jewish connection - they are after all part of the Illuminati!

Where is Erranta BTW?

there is a jewish connection(see heraldry-old testament)

each tribe shall live under his own banner,and own standard.

ours being the lion/unicorn

scotland=lion=judah

england=unicorn=manassah- ours is eastern manassah(canada being western manassah) to be precise.......same tribe that king david's original abode was in back in the old isreal.

so real messiah is half scots-half american.

not franco-german merovingian sun king etc.

the PTB know it and are trying to rewrite history.

HOLA4425

there is a jewish connection(see heraldry-old testament)

each tribe shall live under his own banner,and own standard.

ours being the lion/unicorn

scotland=lion=judah

england=unicorn=manassah- ours is eastern manassah(canada being western manassah) to be precise.......same tribe that king david's original abode was in back in the old isreal.

so real messiah is half scots-half american.

not franco-german merovingian sun king etc.

the PTB know it and are trying to rewrite history.

according to midrash etc the jews are expecting their messiah to be half judah-half dan.(and that is not what the bible says...it's half judah half ephraim...this is the set-up that the jews will accept as the real deal.)

the bush family ARE from the tribe of dan(he's even on record quoting himself as the black sheep of the family!!!)

Archived