House Price Crash Forum

London Wins Crap Town Title

ticket2ride

HOLA441

High Wycombe at 9. Seems to be getting a bit of a reputation. In a recent Location Location a couple were horrified at the prospect of a house in High Wycombe.

Obviously a place to avoid, but being up north I don't know it.

Only ever been through Wycombe, but from what i've read on the internet, it seems to be setting itself up as the next Luton type ghetto.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1245024

I guess the surrounding areas are very nice, so 'the help' /underclass need some kind of dormitory to live in.

HOLA442

Showing your age Mr P. ;)

Obviously I have age! It is what you want, when you have been lucky!I have been veryl lucky! :huh:

how tall are you? ;)

HOLA443
HOLA444

Cost of living is weighted heavily on this survey. Hull is pretty dire, but then a modern four bed detached comes stamp duty free........

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-40665937.html

Nottingham not even on the 100 long list either.

At the end of the day if money was no object most people would have at least one house in Central London (talking at the Oligarch level). So its only crap because its too expensive.

It's also way out of the price range for your average Hull worker.

article-1171903-048A9EE4000005DC-728_468x334.jpg

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

where we live now (Worthing) was slated as a "crap town" (chavvy, old boring etc.) when I googled it prior to moving, but isn't.

if you rely on random negative submissions as these crap-town sites do, then i think even shangri-la would end up looking shabby.

Could be the basis of a good thread - people's impressions of towns that they have never visited. I was really surprised by my recent visit to London, much more pleasant than I remembered - unless of course my own home town (Darlington) has gone massively downhill in the same time so that now the contrast is less marked?

Archived