House Price Crash Forum

Uncle Bob Geldof Losing It

geezer466

HOLA441

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/environment/globalwarming/10353206/Were-facing-a-mass-extinction-event-claims-Bob-Geldof.html

Live Aid founder and activist Bob Geldof has warned that the human race may be extinct within 15 years because of climate change.

Why is this man permitted to preach on a World stage and to impressionable minds?

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

I guess when you have had an ounce of fame, 30 years ago, you can buy the media, to talk out of your arus through? :blink:

HOLA443
HOLA444

Why is this man permitted to preach on a World stage and to impressionable minds?

I haven't been convinced by any of Snowflux's charts, or that long, rambling email Fluffy sent me, imploring me to change my stance on global warming as I was making him look like off topic's resident fool, or Kurt Barlow just unconditionally agreeing with both of them. But Bob Geldof, you say? That's it, I'm convinced. I EMBRACE CLIMATE CHANGE!!!

HOLA445

I guess when you have had an ounce of fame, 30 years ago, you can buy the media, to talk out of your arus through? :blink:

Actually that is horrible grammar, but I will not correct it! ;)

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

If only there was some way of harnessing affluent liberal middle class guilt and converting it to electricity.

Perhaps furnishing a load of African dictators with a new Mercedes would help in some way - just thinking out loud.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

I haven't been convinced by any of Snowflux's charts, or that long, rambling email Fluffy sent me, imploring me to change my stance on global warming as I was making him look like off topic's resident fool, or Kurt Barlow just unconditionally agreeing with both of them. But Bob Geldof, you say? That's it, I'm convinced. I EMBRACE CLIMATE CHANGE!!!

Strawman.

Geldof's claim is ridiculous based on timescales alone as I'm sure Fluffy or Snowflux would agree.

TBH though I'm tired of arguing on the AGW debate - it's a lost cause. Climate change won't affect me too much but Im fairly certain 2-3 generations down the line they will suffer badly. Thats the inheritance we will pass to our grandkids.

I don't unconditionally agree with either Snowflux or Fluffy. Fluffy is strongly in favour of nuclear including fast breeder reactors. In contrast whilst not being anti nuclear I disagree with his more optimistic cost and role out estimates. Then again we seen to be able to have different opinions without turning it into a slanging match peppered with ad hominems.

HOLA4414

Has he justed realised that there is a vast gracy train of public money for people warning about global warming climate change?

I'm not resident in the UK so perhaps you can direct me to where all these super highly paid Public Sector jobs are? I'm sure others on here would be grateful to locate the whereabouts of such great opportunities.

HOLA4415

"This is the sort of grammar up with which I will not put!"

- Winston Churchill

Mr Churchill, has been attributed quite a few memorable witty quotes! So we the Brits, are funnier than Germany so there, Ms Merkel!

Actually, Mr Churchill did a few things before he decided to be prime minister, unlike today's lot!

Did you like my new word "arus"? You cant say **** or anus here, so I made a new word which is a genetic cross between the two, and it beats the swear filter without losing meaning! The Oxford English Dictionary have already contacted me.

HOLA4416

Has he justed realised that there is a vast gracy train of public money for people warning about global warming climate change?

I have all of her albums! :huh:

Gracy Train is a tall black lady, with nice voice! ;)

HOLA4417

I'm not resident in the UK so perhaps you can direct me to where all these super highly paid Public Sector jobs are?

Who said anything about public sector jobs? They said public sector MONEY.

Most of that money goes to the government's cronies in 'Green' business. Who are making a killing from 'climate change' hysteria.

HOLA4418

Most of that money goes to the government's cronies in 'Green' business. Who are making a killing from 'climate change' hysteria.

Where does it go? :)

HOLA4419

Do a search for 'climate change' jobs. There are very few and those that are basically the same jobs (Utilities engineer, Housing Improvements Grant Officer etc) with a new title.

Regardless, the story makes for a good HPC VVankfest :lol:

HOLA4420

Where does it go? :)

To pay super troughers like this a gigantic salary of £32K in the one of the UK's most expensive areas. ;)

http://www.jobsgopublic.com/jobs/home-improvement-officer-n-a

To be fair to the holder the bulk of the work is actually disabled facilities grants - home adaptations. I dare say making basic adaptions to severely disabled peoples home to keep them out of care (off the street) is on Camorons target list.

HOLA4421

Quite - seeking to reduce the nations domestic, commercial and industrial energy intensity and carbon footprint is a sure fire road to ruin. Just look at Germany, Denmark and Sweden and what a terrible mess they are in <_<

HOLA4422

I'm not resident in the UK so perhaps you can direct me to where all these super highly paid Public Sector jobs are? I'm sure others on here would be grateful to locate the whereabouts of such great opportunities.

Not so much public sector jobs but many Millions in research grants are available.

Which is a damn shame as it will skew the results as we have seen with climategate.

Scientists are like Turkeys they will not vote for Xmas......

All I know is the rate of change (and I accept there is one) is so slow we almost certainly don't yet have the data to ascertain if this is a man made event or a natural cycle. 500 years from now we would have.

Even with the data we do have on evidence on a level playing field might sway one's thinking but there are so many vested interests in this with huge money potential it is impossible to get a real independent view.

There are quite a few peeps in here who are adamant that MMGW is taking place but for all we know they would be working in the renewable's or research industry themselves.

HOLA4423

Not so much public sector jobs but many Millions in research grants are available.

Which is a damn shame as it will skew the results as we have seen with climategate.

Scientists are like Turkeys they will not vote for Xmas......

All I know is the rate of change (and I accept there is one) is so slow we almost certainly don't yet have the data to ascertain if this is a man made event or a natural cycle. 500 years from now we would have.

Even with the data we do have on evidence on a level playing field might sway one's thinking but there are so many vested interests in this with huge money potential it is impossible to get a real independent view.

There are quite a few peeps in here who are adamant that MMGW is taking place but for all we know they would be working in the renewable's or research industry themselves.

Isn't that the point of research in the first place. Whether it is manmade or natural, climate changewill have a major impact on mankind so understanding the issue will at least assist in adaptation strategies even if mitigation is a lost cause.

HOLA4424

Quite - seeking to reduce the nations domestic, commercial and industrial energy intensity and carbon footprint is a sure fire road to ruin. Just look at Germany, Denmark and Sweden and what a terrible mess they are in <_<

Having decommissioned it's nuclear reactors, Germany relies on nuclear-generated power from France when it cannot meet peak demands.

The gravy train for landowners putting up wind farms in the UK (e.g. Cameron's family) is just a way of milking the taxpayer.

I used to be pro-wind farm, but as a Degree-qualified engineer in electronics, I can see what a scam they are now.

HOLA4425

Strawman.

Geldof's claim is ridiculous based on timescales alone as I'm sure Fluffy or Snowflux would agree.

TBH though I'm tired of arguing on the AGW debate - it's a lost cause. Climate change won't affect me too much but Im fairly certain 2-3 generations down the line they will suffer badly. Thats the inheritance we will pass to our grandkids.

I don't unconditionally agree with either Snowflux or Fluffy. Fluffy is strongly in favour of nuclear including fast breeder reactors. In contrast whilst not being anti nuclear I disagree with his more optimistic cost and role out estimates. Then again we seen to be able to have different opinions without turning it into a slanging match peppered with ad hominems.

agreed...climate change will affect our kids and grandkids. as it did our parents and grandparents.

Archived