House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hectors House

Do You Have A Fox Problem?

I like to be helpful where I can and today I'm passing on this great tip if you have a Fox problem in your garden!

If your garden is big enough, there are a couple of people who can help you, one near Tiverton the other near Ludlow. They breed alpacas - alpacas hate foxes and viciously kick them with fatal effect.

Go buy a couple, your neighbours will love them and you will have a plentiful supply of Alpaca Poo for your garden (Alpacas always poo in the same place - they are very clean animals).

You can start a cottage industry knitting Alpaca cardigans to sell at 175 Euros each. If you cannot knit then you can sell the fleece for anything between 800 & 1500 Euros depending on quality.

Downside is yours and your neighbours gardens will be littered with dead foxes for the first couple of months.

Might be a good idea for the lazy gardener who can get the the lawn grazed. But I'll stick to the limited damage the fox is doing on my manicured landscaped plot.

Guest eight

I like to be helpful where I can and today I'm passing on this great tip if you have a Fox problem in your garden!

If your garden is big enough, there are a couple of people who can help you, one near Tiverton the other near Ludlow. They breed alpacas - alpacas hate foxes and viciously kick them with fatal effect.

Go buy a couple, your neighbours will love them and you will have a plentiful supply of Alpaca Poo for your garden (Alpacas always poo in the same place - they are very clean animals).

You can start a cottage industry knitting Alpaca cardigans to sell at 175 Euros each. If you cannot knit then you can sell the fleece for anything between 800 & 1500 Euros depending on quality.

Downside is yours and your neighbours gardens will be littered with dead foxes for the first couple of months.

We have a large terraced house with a small rear yard. Will they live indoors? I can give them a room of their own.

Get the BBQ out and the beers in. Get the lads round and insist that when they need a piss.... Piss in the fox holes !!

Guaranteed to rid your garden of foxes....

No animals are hurt. Only needs to be done once or twice so no fear of your garden constantly smelling of piss.

I should start a company offering this service. ;)

Does work !!

We have a big fox problem on the allotment. The little bugger bite through string, bounce on netting and generally trash the place.

They've had the old sod's onions up half a dozen times this year until he made it fox proof.

Can alpacas be trusted not to eat the cabbages?

We have a big fox problem on the allotment. The little bugger bite through string, bounce on netting and generally trash the place.

They've had the old sod's onions up half a dozen times this year until he made it fox proof.

Can alpacas be trusted not to eat the cabbages?

Alpacas can be guaranteed to fertilise them!

Sorry about the allotment! I had had a few beers. ;)

Alpacas can be guaranteed to fertilise them!

Sorry about the allotment! I had had a few beers. ;)

It'd be quite fun - everyone loves coming to see the chickens. Can imagine alpacas being even more of a draw,

It's sod's they go for, not mine!

A friend of mine has a fox problem on his allotment. After they killed all his chickens he started trapping them using the approved humane cage trap. Then he kills them.

Next week's top thread on Off Topic:

Do You Have An Alpaca Problem?

With top tips about pissing in the alpaca's straw, what kind of fencing keeps them out of trampling the shrubbery and the best way to kill them with kitchen implements once you have trapped them.

Next week's top thread on Off Topic:

Do You Have An Alpaca Problem?

With top tips about pissing in the alpaca's straw, what kind of fencing keeps them out of trampling the shrubbery and the best way to kill them with kitchen implements once you have trapped them.

I use a pinch of parsley on my garden to keep tigers away.

Not had a tiger in my garden since.

A friend of mine has a fox problem on his allotment. After they killed all his chickens he started trapping them using the approved humane cage trap. Then he kills them.

Very humane! I approve of killing! :huh:

I've had several fox problems over the years. Samantha was probably the worse because they didn't have restraining orders in those days. I don't know what I would have done about Megan without one.

You beat me to it! ;)

We don't have enough foxes round here (rural). Though farmers may disagree. But they're stunningly beautiful creatures.

You're more likely to see badgers, which *potentially* are a great deal more dangerous to pets such as cats because they are much larger and more powerful.

But then they're stunning, too.

We don't have enough foxes round here (rural). Though farmers may disagree. But they're stunningly beautiful creatures.

You're more likely to see badgers, which *potentially* are a great deal more dangerous to pets such as cats because they are much larger and more powerful.

But then they're stunning, too.

Yes, it is "nature"! Lovely really! Last fox I saw was in Scoltand, very big handsome one! I used to see badgers in Sussex, but the only ones I see here are dead, so there must be some live ones! :blink:

did the fox get a fair trial? might not of been him!

are you sure there is still that sort of money in the shaved fleeces? I was under the impression keeping alpacas just about break even financially and the profits are with breeding a high quality fleece female. Speaking to a lady who keeps them said cardigans take a lot of hours to knit.

I would love to have a few if I had the Land.

I've had several fox problems over the years. Samantha was probably the worst because they didn't have restraining orders in those days. I don't know what I would have done about Megan without one.

Oh I know exactly what to do with Megan Fox.

I must go for a lie down now...

did the fox get a fair trial? might not of been him!

I think the trial goes something like

Is the creature in the trap guilty of being a fox?

Yes, death sentence.

No, let it out its the cat again.