House Price Crash Forum

Iran Lawmakers Pass Bill Allowing Men To Marry Adopted Daughters

HOLA441

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/sep/26/iran-lawmakers-men-wed-adopted-daughters

Parliamentarians in Iran have passed a bill to protect the rights of children which includes a clause that allows a man to marry his adopted daughter and while she is as young as 13 years.

Activists have expressed alarm that the bill, approved by parliament on Sunday, opens the door for the caretaker of a family to marry his or her adopted child if a court rules it is in the interests of the individual child.

Iran's Guardian Council, a body of clerics and jurists which vets all parliamentary bills before the constitution and the Islamic law, has yet to issue its verdict on the controversial legislation.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2442270/Iran-passes-marriage-law-allowing-men-wed-13-year-old-adopted-daughters.html

Underage marriage is a real concern in the country as the state news agency reported that there were 42,000 children between the ages of 10 and 14 who were married in 2010.

An interesting question about at what age you should be able to marry at and shows an interest culture clash about who's values are correct.

HOLA442

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/sep/26/iran-lawmakers-men-wed-adopted-daughters

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2442270/Iran-passes-marriage-law-allowing-men-wed-13-year-old-adopted-daughters.html

An interesting question about at what age you should be able to marry at and shows an interest culture clash about who's values are correct.

Yes in terms of biological development I would say about age 13 is about right.

In terms of mental or social development, I would say marriage should be outright banned for all ages.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

Got to be careful what you say about Iran now. We appear to be trying to bring them back into the fold like they've got something we want, or something.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

dunno, but biologically, there should be no problem.

Not biologically, but it is a moral problem. The "man" hasn't "adopted" a daughter, he has bought a whore! :blink:

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

I suspect the answer to that question depends on which 'faith' you belong to :rolleyes:

I'm not sure which "faith" you think is worse!

I have lost contact with all faith, all that books and hymns and sh1t!

Now I like church bells though! ;)

If you believe in a "book" too much, then God has passed you by!

All you need is a reasonable sized telescope on a clear night! Stars beyond stars! Wow! :blink:

HOLA4414

Not biologically, but it is a moral problem. The "man" hasn't "adopted" a daughter, he has bought a whore! :blink:

In Iranian culture divorcees are seen as soiled goods. At present if you marry a divorcee her children become your defacto adopted children after 3 months hence the illegality of marrying your adopted daughter.

No doubt some Islamic Court Mullah / Politician fancies a second wife (often a divorcee) and fancies her 13 year old daughter too hence the proposed law change. In Shia Islam a temporary marriage for such purposes is quite permissible.

Any wonder that millions of Iranians have emigrated from this madness.

HOLA4415

I just see divorcees like used cars, because I can't afford a new one! You can't choose the colour, as long as it has all the kit! :blink:

I knew a lady from Iran, well she wasn't really, but her parents moved over in 1960 or something! She was beautiful indeed, so much so she didn't need to wear a bag on her head, so we could all see God's finest work! She really was stunning, and amazingly, she was nice too! I don't think she was too "submissive" either! ;)

HOLA4416

I just see divorcees like used cars, because I can't afford a new one! You can't choose the colour, as long as it has all the kit! :blink:

I knew a lady from Iran, well she wasn't really, but her parents moved over in 1960 or something! She was beautiful indeed, so much so she didn't need to wear a bag on her head, so we could all see God's finest work! She really was stunning, and amazingly, she was nice too! I don't think she was too "submissive" either! ;)

I know a lady from Iran very well and pretty much matches your description ;)

HOLA4417

I know a lady from Iran very well and pretty much matches your description ;)

Ah, Mr Barlow, now you have to be a "perfect gentleman", for that is possibly a "lady", and she will will expect absolutely nothing less than a "perfect gentleman"! You are English, so you have a head start! That is my advice! I am sure Mr CCC has other advice! ;)

HOLA4418

Ah, Mr Barlow, now you have to be a "perfect gentleman", for that is possibly a "lady", and she will will expect absolutely nothing less than a "perfect gentleman"! You are English, so you have a head start! That is my advice! I am sure Mr CCC has other advice! ;)

I'm always the perfect gent - and yes that strategy worked very well in this situation ;)

HOLA4419

I'm always the perfect gent - and yes that strategy worked very well in this situation ;)

No Mr Barlow, nobody is the "perfect gent", but at least you are having a try at it! Try hard! ;)

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

I have found that in Australia in the dating game a repoitre that goes beyond footie and fishing to be a good head start! ;)

I might get to Austria! I am working on the project from hell! I have just filled in some forms for what they call a 457 visa! A four year multiple entry, which sounds rude to me! :o

HOLA4423

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't (the person that muslims believe to be prophet) Mohammed (peace be upon him) marry a six year old called Aisha? Not his adopted daughter... but I can see how this information could be used when it comes to choosing a suitable age for a bride...

HOLA4424

I might get to Austria! I am working on the project from hell! I have just filled in some forms for what they call a 457 visa! A four year multiple entry, which sounds rude to me! :o

Gorgon, Whetstone?

A 457 is that - prepare to be shafted repeatedly by your potential slave master. Thats why I went down the 175 Visa route ;)

HOLA4425

Archived