House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
apom

The Sad Reality Of The Market..

She is an old lady, trying to sell so she can move closer to her daughter..

See out her twilight years near her family.. and my heart goes out to her..

the house has been on the market for almost a year..

A sale agread sign has just been replaced by a for sale sign..

Now, is her house over prices for the current market?

Obviously, or it would have sold..

has he owned the property for about 40 years??

yes...

but she needs to sell it high bevcause she wants to buy another house.. and that will be high too...

so this is what kills the market... when prices drop its not a regulated path.. and just because you drop yours does not mean that the house will buy will also drop...

so where do you price it?? to sell...??

Perhaps.. but you are also a buyer..

the ladder is killed in a fading market..

and my heart goes out to an old lady who never wanted to profit from her home, but only wants to move closer to her daughter..

These are the other victims..

victims of a cruel market driven into insane speculation by stupid and gready people..

If they were the only ones to get hurt I would laugh until I peed a little in my pants..

but they are not..

shes just upset because shes 'missed the boat'.

she should study and work harder.

shes a doom monger.

shes whining.

she should have moved in 1990

shes just being too picky

why not have a 50-50 share

shes just upset because shes 'missed the boat'.

she should study and work harder.

shes a doom monger.

shes whining.

she should have moved in 1990

shes just being too picky

why not have a 50-50 share

lol nice 1 fred

:lol::lol::lol:

Another Fred Classic.

The only thing you left out is that she should also get a second job

On a serious note..

This is a sweet old dear..

Trying to spend her last years with her daughter...

Our life is on hold.. but hopefully we have years left.. this is an old lady,.. she does not have years..

this 'sweet old dear' whos not happy to take whats probably 600% inflation and a HUGE cash sum, cant find a granny flat to rent near her daughter. with a warden button. " BEEEEP !!!.. ELLO MARY ? CAN YOU HEAR ME MARY ?"and bank the rest ?

shes not that sweet.

Actually, the daughter may have enacted power of attorney to look after her Mum's affairs and, if so, then she has to, by Law, seek out the best price for the property not just to protect her Mother's rights but also to protect herself legally.

"with" her daughter? Or nearer? She'd be better off moving in and selling for less - and spedning the dosh.

Or rent.

I fail to see why u r trying to emotionally manipulate people into feeling sorry 4 someone with a probably mortgage free asset of £160,000.

Home ownership is not mandatory you know.

Or rent.

I fail to see why u r trying to emotionally manipulate people into feeling sorry 4 someone with a probably mortgage free asset of £160,000.

yeah.

like the parents of one of my friends who bought a semi for 40k in 97. retired to a mobile park and put the house on for 140k. complaining about no viewings or anything in 6 months.

i say " why dont you reduce the price a bit"

"im not giving it away" she said.

Actually, the daughter may have enacted power of attorney to look after her Mum's affairs and, if so, then she has to, by Law, seek out the best price for the property not just to protect her Mother's rights but also to protect herself legally.

She doesn't seem to be having much luck finding that "best price". After a few months it's probably fair to say a vendor is looking in the wrong direction for the price.

It's not up there, it's down here!

Very little sympathy with this scenario also

http://firstrung.co.uk/articles.asp?pageid...&articlekey=920

The sort of explanations here show the same lack of knowledge of the market that got us into this mess.

If she wants to get another home, one she dearly wants.... then the market is a hard place to be now..

If they were both £60,000 and not clear of £250,000 she would not care.. she wants to swap hers for the other and the vital bit is the cash.

buck your ideas up people. this is an old lady.

Perhaps less whinging on here and more looking at the big old world and realise that we are not going to be the only ones who have suffered here.

I find some comments here pitiful

I don't want you to like what I have said..

but her husband died in the big war...

for your freedom

some of the bulls on here have accused us of being whining and weak.

they are right.

:lol::lol::lol:

Another Fred Classic.

The only thing you left out is that she should also get a second job

And she should blame the older generation :lol:

Or rent.

What a crass statement. My reading of Apom's anecdote is that she wants/needs to move. It doesn't matter if it's worth 300k does it, she needs`to sell and rebuy. For God's sake don't do this march RFD wants you all to do - the press will have a field day, with views like yours.

this 'sweet old dear' whos not happy to take whats probably 600% inflation and a HUGE cash sum, cant find a granny flat to rent near her daughter. with a warden button. " BEEEEP !!!.. ELLO MARY ? CAN YOU HEAR ME MARY ?"and bank the rest ?

shes not that sweet.

Clearly, neither are you.

She is an old lady, trying to sell so she can move closer to her daughter..

See out her twilight years near her family.. and my heart goes out to her..

the house has been on the market for almost a year..

A sale agread sign has just been replaced by a for sale sign..

Now, is her house over prices for the current market?

Obviously, or it would have sold..

has he owned the property for about 40 years??

yes...

but she needs to sell it high bevcause she wants to buy another house.. and that will be high too...

so this is what kills the market... when prices drop its not a regulated path.. and just because you drop yours does not mean that the house will buy will also drop...

so where do you price it?? to sell...??

Perhaps.. but you are also a buyer..

the ladder is killed in a fading market..

and my heart goes out to an old lady who never wanted to profit from her home, but only wants to move closer to her daughter..

She sounds ripe for ripping off to me apom: get in there b4 the singingpig BMV crowd sniff her out!

Edited by Sledgehead

What a crass statement. My reading of Apom's anecdote is that she wants/needs to move. It doesn't matter if it's worth 300k does it, she needs`to sell and rebuy.

Why does she need to rebuy?

What is wrong with renting and putting the money in a deposit account?

How is it crass to say this?

Q: is it only bulls who can't get the hang of the quote facility, or are they just all the same person?

Edited by Sledgehead

What a crass statement. My reading of Apom's anecdote is that she wants/needs to move. It doesn't matter if it's worth 300k does it, she needs`to sell and rebuy. For God's sake don't do this march RFD wants you all to do - the press will have a field day, with views like yours.

Clearly, neither are you.

Thats the first time I seriously considered that RFDs march it is a good idea.

TROLL ALERT. TROLL ALERT!

What a crass statement. My reading of Apom's anecdote is that she wants/needs to move. It doesn't matter if it's worth 300k does it, she needs`to sell and rebuy.

Most old ladys would not want to be in a situation where they might have to move from place to place, which could happen if she rented.

At the end of the day, she is going to make a loss because of selling/buying costs. On top of that, its a buyers market. By losing in the sale, she should work to make it back by putting in some lowish offers when buying

If she, or her daughter aren't willing to put in this effort, she will lose out, and have to downsize.

Whats the big deal here?

If it ain't selling, theres only one reason.

Yes I have sympathy for this particular lady, but it is only a fraction compared to low earners who can't afford to buy the cheapest of properties.

Thats the first time I seriously considered that RFDs march it is a good idea.

TROLL ALERT. TROLL ALERT!

Yeah I can see it now "Down with greedy parasitical 90 year olds trying to become millionaires by selling their house at today's prices. Why can't they sell it for a third, they only stole the money from us graduates" Seriously, go ahead with it, it will be good.

she has seen a house she wants... worth no more then hers in any market..

next question...

she has seen a house she wants... worth no more then hers in any market..

next question...

Apom, you're now seeing the dark side of some of the Bears, something I've been noticing over the last few days.

1. Everyone who is over the age of about 35, and who bought a house for his/her family, is thieving scum unless they sell their house for 1997 prices

2. Everyone of my generation (I'm 52) had everything given to them on a plate, and never had to worry about a thing.

Most on here know I'm a Bear of some long standing on here (although some daft little cow called me a troll a few minutes ago) - despite being a home owner for 30 years I want prices to fall - but we are where we are, unfortunately, and to expect people to sell now at 1997 prices and to brand everyone who bought a house pre 2001 as thieving parasites who should sell their house to youngsters for 60k is very much beyond the pale for me.

I hope your neighbour gets sorted, and all credit to you for showing some concern

she has seen a house she wants..

Haven't we all??.

worth no more then hers in any market..

next question...

Why does this little old lady need a house of the same size/value, probably with 3 bedrooms etc?

I can not understand why she wouldn't be prepared pocket some cash (treat herself to some nice things in her old age) and downgrade slightly.