House Price Crash Forum

'the Under-25S Should Not Get The Dole': Cameron

HOLA441

Yes, as I said it will be at a much lower price level than today.

Maybe in real terms, i think the government will have to prevent them falling to prevent another run on the banks as the market is that far in Debt and they will do this by introducing schemes that will trick people into believing there will be growth in prices. Then i cannot see any growth in prices as the borrowing ratios are at a Max already, so i believe prices will fluctuate around this level for a long time.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

The intention with this is to:

1) reduce benefits bill

2) create free labour

3) stop eu workers claiming any benefits, hence they think less will come here but they still need cheap/free labour hence force uk youngsters to do it but even cheaper - win win

4) play to the tory gallery

5) reduce unemployment figures by over 1 million. Interest rates then go up ?

HOLA443

The intention with this is to:

1) reduce benefits bill

2) create free labour

3) stop eu workers claiming any benefits, hence they think less will come here but they still need cheap/free labour hence force uk youngsters to do it but even cheaper - win win

4) play to the tory gallery

5) reduce unemployment figures by over 1 million. Interest rates then go up ?

3) is an interesting one because it is the Tories addressing one of the reasons many people want to vote UKIP, but in a roundabout "helpful" way because all the youngsters will "earn or learn". Well spotted. I don`t understand 5) though, maybe just too much flu and Red Label B)

HOLA444

3) is an interesting one because it is the Tories addressing one of the reasons many people want to vote UKIP, but in a roundabout "helpful" way because all the youngsters will "earn or learn". Well spotted. I don`t understand 5) though, maybe just too much flu and Red Label B)

For 5) I'm thinking there are over 1 million unemployed NEETS or whatever they are called, stop their benefits reduce unemployment figures by approximately 1 million. Didn't Carney say when unemployment rate drops below 7% he will up interest rates, think 1 million off unemployment figures will drop it well below 7%.

Hope the hangover isn't too bad ;)

HOLA445

For 5) I'm thinking there are over 1 million unemployed NEETS or whatever they are called, stop their benefits reduce unemployment figures by approximately 1 million. Didn't Carney say when unemployment rate drops below 7% he will up interest rates, think 1 million off unemployment figures will drop it well below 7%.

Hope the hangover isn't too bad ;)

Still working on it :P

HOLA446

NO NO NO Carney did not say he would raise interest rates when unemployment rate drops below 7%, he said he would not raise interest rates until unemployment rate dropped below 7% unless ... (various caveats), so even if unemployment rate is 5% he will not necessarily raise interest rates.

He won`t be raising interest rates, they will just creep up themselves I think.