House Price Crash Forum

'the Under-25S Should Not Get The Dole': Cameron

HOLA441

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2441434/Under-25s-dole-Cameron-says-school-leavers-earning-learning-sets-vision-land-opportunity.html

'The under-25s should NOT get the dole': Cameron says all school leavers should be earning or learning as he sets out vision of a 'land of opportunity' to Tory faithful

Tory leader strikes upbeat tone in keynote speech ending party conference

Promises welfare, schools and economic reform so everyone can make it

Attacks Labour for appalling standards of NHS care at Mid-Staffs

Wants everyone to have chance to get a decent job, start a business or own a home

Poor children must be pushed hard to succeed not dumbed down, he says

Profit is not a dirty word – it is the solution to Britain’s problems

PM: I cannot keep my promises in another coalition after 2015

Are we going to see YTS type schemes meaning under 25 don't appear on the dole figures?

It would appear we could get rid of youth unemployment in one go.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

More war calls!

As someone who left a broken home at the age of 16, I know how important the safety net is for under 25's.

I mean WTF would I have done on the few occasions < 6 months I had no income? Rob people? Where I lived in Cornwall in the winter there is hardly a readily available supply of jobs and claiming benefits is really the last option.

Cameron is totally out of touch with reality! He assumes that everyone a) has parents that can support them and B) can live at home with them for free.

What a complete cluster feck of an idiot! He is so out of touch with reality it is unbelievable.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Workfare

Bid for work

Zero hours

No dole

etc etc

Will all be rolled out for the under 25s.

Then should no one put a stop to that, they'll extend it to everyone else.

Time all the young converted to traveler status, and camp out en mass on Cameron's lawns.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

More war calls!

As someone who left a broken home at the age of 16, I know how important the safety net is for under 25's.

I mean WTF would I have done on the few occasions < 6 months I had no income? Rob people? Where I lived in Cornwall in the winter there is hardly a readily available supply of jobs and claiming benefits is really the last option.

Cameron is totally out of touch with reality! He assumes that everyone a) has parents that can support them and B) can live at home with them for free.

What a complete cluster feck of an idiot! He is so out of touch with reality it is unbelievable.

http://www.literature.org/authors/dickens-charles/christmas-carol/chapter-01.html

``I wish to be left alone,'' said Scrooge. ``Since you ask me what I wish, gentlemen, that is my answer. I don't make merry myself at Christmas and I can't afford to make idle people merry. I help to support the establishments I have mentioned: they cost enough: and those who are badly off must go there.''

``Many can't go there; and many would rather die.''

``If they would rather die,'' said Scrooge, ``they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population. Besides -- excuse me -- I don't know that.''

``But you might know it,'' observed the gentleman.

``It's not my business,'' Scrooge returned. ``It's enough for a man to understand his own business, and not to interfere with other people's. Mine occupies me constantly. Good afternoon, gentlemen!''

Although I do think that it is unfair to compare Scrooge with the current Conservative party leadership - after all, Scrooge actually built up his own business through hard work, and was capable of learning from experience.

HOLA4417

U25 housing benefit recipients include 169k single mums, 1700 single dads, and 32k couples with children

Faisal Islam (@faisalislam) Economics Editor, @Channel4News on twitter

= 202,700 properties BTL landlords are making a packet from with U25s alone.

Don't worry, Cameron will soon back down once his rentier buddies remind him how much out of pocket they'll be.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

It's baffling that these attacks keep coming against people on the dole. JSA is a pathetic £70 a week, you may as well give it to everybody as a citizen's income and be done with it.

Yep.

Dole payments cost UK taxpayers about the same as the EU farm subsidies diverted back to the likes of IDS and other rich landowners (about 3k a week in IDS's case).

But let's focus on the £70 a week (£60 if you're a nipper) and not those what. Jolly good show! Benefits for rich because obviously they deserve them!

Edited by byron78

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Edumacation. They'll give everybody a £10k/yr loan at age sixteen.

Yes I think the under 25's are about to go 'off balance sheet'

Can't have the young idle with the nothing to do. They might cause trouble.

Edited by aSecureTenant

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

The Conservative party is signing its own death warrant with its constant abuse of the young. People who are young now are not going to forget this treatment, and the true blue codgers who think they are voting for Thatcher or Macmillan are not going to live forever.

HOLA4424

Desperation tactics from an out of touch toff, trying to curry favour with the daily mail generation.

Apparently he thinks the public still blame unemployed u25s for the mess we are in.there are a lot of selfish old darts that will lap this up though.

Just like milliband said, he's strong when taking on the weak, but he is weak when taking on the strong.

HOLA4425