House Price Crash Forum
Pole

Poland Considers Scrapping Planning Permissions Altogether

Don't have the time to translate it right now, but thought you might find it interesting anyway.

Here's thegoogletranslate link to an article from one of the most popular Polish news sites.

Construction law will require the investor to inform neighbors about the planned construction. It would take to put up a billboard on the property, or provide them with this information personally. In addition, the District Office would place within three days of receipt of the notification of the construction information on it on the side of the Public Information Bulletin (BIP).

Suppose that a neighbor finds that the proposed construction violates the legal interest (such as would not be keeping the distance between buildings). Then, within 14 days of publication in the BIP information on the application build the neighbor would have to submit to the district office application in this case. Also, officials would have 14 days to answer: + or recognize protesting right, which would mean that the investor would have to apply for a permit to build and pass the related procedures; + or legal interest of his neighbor has not been disrupted. This could then appeal the decision to the administrative court office. His judgment could be grounds for suspension of works on the timing of the "repair process".

Resort assessed on the basis of permits for single-family homes issued in 2011, that for about half of them (about 48 thousand. Investment) could be applied to simplified procedures. For those investors that would mean saving time. Currently, of the request for a building permit to issue the relevant permit passes on average 37 days. This is the average for the whole Polish. However, in big cities investor is waiting for permission average of 61 days. Then it will take another 20 days (25 in large cities) to make it final. Thus, a total of arranging the paperwork consumes an average of 57 days (86 days in the big cities). Replacement of the building permit application has lead to the investor will be able to start building in 30 days.

Edited by Pole

A sensible people indeed.

Returning migrant workers with money in their pockets will be able to establish a secure family life back home. Good luck to them and what's not to like?

A sensible people indeed.

Returning migrant workers with money in their pockets will be able to establish a secure family life back home. Good luck to them and what's not to like?

I agree, perfectly sensible arrangements.

However in Britain, fields are sacred as boomers played in them as children, and there may be newts and bats in them.

14 days sounds like a bad idea; a neighbour could wait until you're going on holiday, apply for something daft, then it would be too late to object by the time you got back.

14 days sounds like a bad idea; a neighbour could wait until you're going on holiday, apply for something daft, then it would be too late to object by the time you got back.

First thought that came into my head too - open to manipulation. Why the haste - it'll take months to build and be there for decades, no reason whatsoever for the process to be that short.

A return back home will much more attractive, not good for the slumlords over here although no doubt they will just move onto another source of legal/illegal labour to feed off.

Just to give you some context, here are examples of some fresh family dwellings in Poland:

Gephouse-Development-domy-paledzie-air-2013-06-4.jpg

b34_grzybowo_z_lotu_ptaka_7073.jpg

z14296191Q,Zobacz-zdjecia-zrobione-z-lotu-ptaka-lodzkim-domko.jpg

Interesting. They all look individual/self builds?

Is that normal in Poland?

No vast housing estates by monopolist developers?

so you buy a cheap house (price of agricultural land plus building costs) anywhere else

However in Britain, fields are sacred as boomers played in them as children, and there may be newts and bats in them.

there is no space we can do it in here; plus people would not be able to walk their dogs there anymore

look at around M25; there is no space there at all whatsoever:

024063_9a2d104a.jpg

there is no space we can do it in here; plus people would not be able to walk their dogs there anymore

:P

I thought you were being serious there for a minute.

I won't hunt down the link but I'm sure I read a few weeks ago that horses occupy more land than people do in England, so it's not like it's being used to grow food. Unless you buy Findus ready meals or Tesco value mince.

if the building plots are cheap and plentiful you can choose from the builder or DIY self build (which is usually 40% cheaper if your family and friends have some skills :) )

Yup. " you can't build there, people take their dogs there for a walk/crap"

In the UK, permitted development system is pretty good for extensions. No planning permission required, no neighbour objections, no local style policies etc.

I've added ~50sqm this year this way. A friend is using the temporary 6m rear extension rule.

Just had a postcard drop through the letter box

Urgent news from KEOLG (Keep East of Luton Green))

1000 new houses proposed between Cockernhoe & Tea Green

Schools already at bursting point

Inadequate road access into surrounding area and to M1

Hospitals and emergency services under strain

Massive increase in traffic along narrow country lanes

Loss of Green Belt and countryside amenity

Help KEOLG and North Herts District Council to resist this ill conceived planning proposal, complete the postcard and send it off NOW

SAVE YOUR COUNTRYSIDE !

Reverse side:

eastofluton@north-herts.gov.uk

Mr Simon Ellis

North Herts District Council

Planning Department

Council Offices

Gernon Road

Letchworth

SG6 3JF

Fao NHDC Planning Dept

Dear Sirs

BLOOR HOMES - Planning Application 13/02/2000/1

I write to formerly object to the above proposal to build new homes in North Herts, adjacent to Luton in the vicinity of Cockernhoe and Tea Green on the following grounds:

• Road Infrastructure into the surrounding area and to the M1 is incapable of supporting a massive traffic increase
  • This Green Belt land is graded as "of special significant landscape value" and provides a vital leisure area of Luton and local residents as well as serving National Green Belt purposes
  • 1000 extra homes will put an intolerable strain on already overcrowded schools
  • No adaquate provision is proposed to ease the already pressure on medical and emergency services, public transport and policing

Please refuse this application

Additionally, please take this as a formal objection to any proposal, or subsequent application, to develop land on any other site adjacent to Luton's eastern boundary with North Herts, Cockernhoe, Mangrove Green and Tea Green

Core Strategy Consultation: 17 th April – 12 th June on proposals to build 5500 houses & two by-passes in the chalk valley of Lilley Bottom and through countryside east of Luton

http://www.ramblers-herts-northmiddlesex.org.uk/lilley-bottom-proposal.htm

Keep East of Luton Green supporting North Herts to stop development

http://www.hitchinpeople.co.uk/news/East-Luton-Green-supporting-North-Herts-stop-development/story-4529968-detail/story.html

Hitchin Curve

http://www.icklefordpc.com/html/luton_expansion.html

Threat to Green Belt land in North Hertfordshire re-emerges

http://www.cpreherts.org.uk/news/current-news/item/2247-threat-to-green-belt-land-in-north-hertfordshire-re-emerges

http://www.ramblers-herts-northmiddlesex.org.uk/pdf/keolg-leaflet-Feb-2009.pdf

Just to add balance, I suppose anyone could counter this and say they were in favour....

Just had a postcard drop through the letter box

Dear Sirs

BLOOR HOMES - Planning Application 13/02/2000/1

I write to formerly object to the above proposal to build new homes in North Herts, adjacent to Luton in the vicinity of Cockernhoe and Tea Green

Please refuse this application

Additionally, please take this as a formal objection to any proposal, or subsequent application, to develop land on any other site adjacent to Luton's eastern boundary with North Herts, Cockernhoe, Mangrove Green and Tea Green

Comically fanatical.

"Nope, we don't want anything within 5 miles of where we live, no matter what it is (we don't need to hear the details to know that we don't want it), forever and ever and that's final. Also, please stop all social and economic change until the day we die. Also, do whatever it takes to make sure there is some money to pay our pensions with, but don't do it anywhere near us." <pouts and stamps foot like a 2 year old>

Correct. the vast majority are self-builds.

There are tons of Polish websites for people looking for ready-made customisable house designs, e.g.:

LINK (via googletranslate)

Correct. the vast majority are self-builds.

There are tons of Polish websites for people looking for ready-made customisable house designs, e.g.:

LINK (via googletranslate)

When planning is simple, you don't need an army of legal folk to arrange it for you. I'm sure this must currently play into the hands of the large developers in the UK.

In the UK, permitted development system is pretty good for extensions. No planning permission required, no neighbour objections, no local style policies etc.

I've added ~50sqm this year this way. A friend is using the temporary 6m rear extension rule.

Temporary 6m rule ? any chance of a bit of info ( link ) on this ,as a mate is having issues with the local council over a rear extension due to drains running under the plot

Temporary 6m rule ? any chance of a bit of info ( link ) on this ,as a mate is having issues with the local council over a rear extension due to drains running under the plot

I'm nearly finished a 50m2 extension on my house....had same problem, drain running under the proposed work.

An online application to Thames Water, £340 fee, solution to problem which followed Part L of Building Regs and a two week wait for permission.

Instead of applying for permitted development the local planning dept suggested full planning application would be a better route....

Wow, I've just read up a little bit about this - this seems excellent tbh, and how refreshing that the government is interfering *less* :)

"Single-storey rear extension must not extend beyond the rear wall of the original house* by more than three metres if an attached house or by four metres if a detached house. In addition, outside Article 1(5) designated land* and Sites of Special Scientific Interest the limit is increased to 6m if an attached house and 8m if a detached house until 30 May 2016.

These increased limits (between 3m and 6m and between 4m and 8m respectively) are subject to the neighbour consultation scheme."

http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/permission/commonprojects/extensions/

The position of drains doens't affect the legality of a permitted development. If you meet the PD rules, tell the council to p1ss off with their stupid rules. Apply for a CLOPUD if in doubt, half the price of a planning application and mine only took two weeks.

Instead of applying for permitted development the local planning dept suggested full planning application would be a better route....

They always do, it keeps them in their jobs.

PD applications are decided via the legal department.

Wow, I've just read up a little bit about this - this seems excellent tbh, and how refreshing that the government is interfering *less* :)

If you like that, go and find out about PD loopholes. e.g. with a principal elevation not pointing towards the road, you can build anything you want! (Unlimited front extension)

A tiny house on a big plot can be modified to move the principal elevation (I know someone that did this). And then no need to even talk to the planners, just put in for a CLOPUD.

My view is that the government is actually trying to improve things but the planners are doing everything they can do keep things under their control.