House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Wurzel Of Highbridge

Hamish_Mctavish

Complete with a chart of Mc.Tavish's wished dreams and VI's

Help to Buy Part 2 - OPENING WITHIN DAYS

This is the BOE and Govt doing their job to restore at least partial functionality to a mortgage market that has been completely dysfunctional since the global credit crunch hit, and not before time.

In my opinion the current artificial repressing of house prices through mortgage rationing is starting to end, and the lowest house building in a century is about to meet the biggest generational bulge of FTB age people in history.

HPI.jpg

Soaring population and the existing million house shortage will certainly mean prices continue to rise, a situation worsened dramatically by the last 5 years of mortgage rationing causing house building to fall to the lowest levels in a century, and the next boom will likely be the biggest ever as a result.

Leading to the likeliest outcome by far being a near doubling in house prices in real terms over the next cycle, as the mortgage market and wider economy recover, and millions of ftb age people run into the worst housing shortage in history....

Of course, other opinions may vary.....

But they've mostly been wrong so far

This is however, a very good thing......

Rising house prices are good for......

-The millions of people who are in or approaching retirement, and who either plan to, or may unexpectedly need to, downsize.

-The millions more people who are in their final property now, but will find themselves in the position above at some point.

-The couple of million people who bought within the last 7 years, who may be in or close to negative equity.

-The owners of the 2 million investment properties.

-The millions of people who may need to re-mortgage as and when rates climb, and want the best possible LTV ratio to get the best rates.

-House builders, construction industry, suppliers, investors, pension funds holding mortgage securities, banks, and all housing related industries, all of their shareholders and employees, whether they own a house or not.

-The family members of anyone who will leave an inheritance, or release equity to help their kids onto the ladder when downsizing, etc.

Rising house prices are bad for......

-A few hundred thousand potential FTB's at any given time...... But only until they get on the ladder, and become one of the groups above.

And as for upsizers......

It used to be commonly believed that falling prices were better for them.

However this crash has proved that to be wrong, in most cases, because the price of their FTB property has fallen by far more than the price of the 2TB properties.

So the gap between rungs on the ladder has widened, not narrowed, with falling prices.

In summary....

Rising prices are better by far for the vast majority of society, and falling prices only benefit a few, and then only temporarily.

He is a GOLD level customer for the Famous Precision Bloo Loo Automatic House Price Future Predictor as used by other clients such as the CEBR and Gordon Brown Inc.

He is a GOLD level customer for the Famous Precision Bloo Loo Automatic House Price Future Predictor as used by other clients such as the CEBR and Gordon Brown Inc.

Does anyone know for certain that he isn't George Osborne?

Does anyone know for certain that he isn't George Osborne?

McGideon for sure

Either the slope of that curve is wrong or that third peak needs to be much higher.

Iike the bit where he points out the current falls are down to mortgage rationing....yet there are more mortgage schemes to help than ever..its like people arent actually going for mortgages...which i gather are now at £150K on average....thats UP from the peak I beleive.

I enjoyed the rest of the thread completely ignoring his post. Its as though there is a cafe with some people seated around various tables talking amongst themselves, then the door flies open and in comes a kilted wide eyed madman wearing a sandwich board. He rants and raves and leaves. The diners watch the door close behind him, shrug and continue as before.

I enjoyed the rest of the thread completely ignoring his post. Its as though there is a cafe with some people seated around various tables talking amongst themselves, then the door flies open and in comes a kilted wide eyed madman wearing a sandwich board. He rants and raves and leaves. The diners watch the door close behind him, shrug and continue as before.

It's all quite amusing really because he thinks the exact opposite of what I do with equally as much passion.

I would love to meet him, it would be really funny. I think he would stand there ranting and I would be saying, now if you would listen to my rational argument whilst he is there with fingers in the ears sing la la la la la.. :lol:

The most amusing aspect is that he has totally convinced himself that he is right and 'deserves' house prices to rise at the expense of someone else.

Someone else's gain is someone else's loss.

Edited by Gone to Ireland.

Turnbull2000 doesn't seem much better

Especially now as Funding for Lending backed mortgages have been extended to buy-to-let investors. Competition for smaller properties could be very fierce indeed.

Starter properties should experience double digit price growth over the next 12 months. So the sooner you get in the better.

Edited by tomandlu

The most amusing aspect is that he has totally convinced himself that he is right and 'deserves' house prices to rise at the expense of someone else.

Someone else's gain is someone else's loss.

I think that is actually his position. Being born later is a crime worthy of a lifetime of insecure tenancies of course, what rational person would think otherwise.

A nasty piece of work.

What help to buy will actually do is frankly anyones guess, any government intervention in a market is always a mess. I noticed the mortgage advisor on the forum calming down the more bubbliscious assumptions some debtors were clinging to.

We shall see what it all amounts to, my guess is, not a lot. Or maybe hamish is right and salaries will quadruple in the next 5 days. :lol:

Wow is he trolling the house buying forum there now! I thought he stayed on the debate forum, which I keep away from as it's like watching kids fighting in the playground. He should be banned from that site...and the internet in general...

Edited by Pent Up