House Price Crash Forum

Help To Work ---merged threads

FreeTrader

HOLA441

No. I think they are stopping this as part of the cultural UC reforms, in October this year I believe. The self-employed will be assumed to earn 35hrs x NMW (£220.85 per wk) so I guess a lot of these people will be taken out of WTC entitlement.

UC is dead in the water, according to posts here and reading between the lines of gov speak. My brother is on WTC, quite genuine, he does basic joinery work and does all the work his (low) quotes get him. Without WTC and housing benefit, he could not continue working. The only advantage he gets from working compared to JSA is that he gets to keep a 16 year old car on the road.

No mention from him that things are going to change wrt WTC.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

Just about everywhere in the world it's the immigrants who are the backbone of production work.

Legal or non legal or both?!

OMG have you got a real job? I'm pretty sure you scrounge off some sort of disability pension for the retarded.

OMG are you 12? Sentiment feedback drives politics, not facts. That's totes how the real world works...

HOLA443

My opinion is that everybody should be able to access basic food and shelter at all times in a country as wealthy as the UK. If you think people with no income or assets should go and starve on the street after some arbitrary time period, then good luck to you.

+1

However such a scenario could cause some kind of genuine free and fair market to arise. Strangely the land owning Right won't ever allow this, despite their various capitalist veneers.