House Price Crash Forum

Nine Ex-A4E Staff Charged With Fraud

HOLA441

He told me he was getting paid £250 per day, his normal rate however was £350. Assuming he works 5 days a week for 46 weeks per year, @£250 per day annual income £58k, @£350 per day, annual income £81k.

Is that a straight salary to an employee, or a payment to a small business for services rendered?

If the former, then I agree, he has very little to complain about. If the latter, however, then out of that £81k he has to pay for his tools, van, business premises, public liability insurance (won't be cheap for someone who deals with gas), business rates etc. etc., and will be taking home a lot less than £81k.

HOLA442

Pure greed.

I run a recruitment agency. These parasites (oh the irony of a recruiter calling someone else a parasite!) often pester me to sign off their forms to show one of their 'clients' is now working.

It seems that if anyone who is instructed to see them subsequently gets a job without their help, then A4E and the myriad of other similar companies get paid.

It annoys me that we put a lot of work into getting someone into the right job, and yet they want payment, often for more than we would make out of the candidate. Ive always refused. The first time, my missing 'sign off' was elevated through the organisation chasing me about 4 or 5 times. They've all stopped ringing me now.

And to top it all, the advice these places give and the CVs they help to create are almost the polar opposite of what actually gets the candidate a job.

You should just ask how much is in it for me next time they ring (can`t beat em join em)

HOLA443

Is that a straight salary to an employee, or a payment to a small business for services rendered?

If the former, then I agree, he has very little to complain about. If the latter, however, then out of that £81k he has to pay for his tools, van, business premises, public liability insurance (won't be cheap for someone who deals with gas), business rates etc. etc., and will be taking home a lot less than £81k.

Not employed directly by the council, so I assume self-employed.

No business premises and therefore no business rates, he did have a van which he had just converted to LPG, he was quite enthusiastic about the savings being made there.

Plumbers employed by the council/HA seem to be on somewhere between 25k – 32k from what I've seen advertised.