House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EmmaRoid

H P C Octobeer

I realised I don't drink enough so I'm nominating next month as Octobeer.

I shall endeavour to drink a different beer for every day of the month. A quick stock take says I have 4 varieties of my homebrew, a guest homebrew and 5 proprietary brands so I'm a third of the way there already. Only 21 more beers to get.

Will probably blog my progress on twatter. Anyone with me?

I shall endeavour to drink a different beer for every day of the month. A quick stock take says I have 4 varieties of my homebrew, a guest homebrew and 5 proprietary brands so I'm a third of the way there already. Only 21 more beers to get.

Hope your local council don't mind

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/northern-ireland/from-brat-to-wurst-banbridge-oktoberfest-cancelled-after-unionists-say-nein-to-alcohol-sales-at-solitude-park-29603771.html

:angry: :angry:

Try this site if you want to add to your variety:

http://www.beerhawk.co.uk

I've order US and Belgium mixed Discovery cases, and they are great. The US beers are proper craft beers, including hefeweizen style brews and some good chocolately brews not the rubbish mass produced Budscheiße.

Whilst I love British beer, I do feel a personal sense duty to support US micro-brewers so as to defeat the evil global drinks brands.

Octobeer or Optobear?

Try this site if you want to add to your variety:

http://www.beerhawk.co.uk

I've order US and Belgium mixed Discovery cases, and they are great. The US beers are proper craft beers, including hefeweizen style brews and some good chocolately brews not the rubbish mass produced Budscheiße.

Whilst I love British beer, I do feel a personal sense duty to support US micro-brewers so as to defeat the evil global drinks brands.

I will have a look.

This is my local: http://www.biercell.co.uk/ So when I say I've 5 branded beers to drink, we're not talking Fosters, John Smiths et al. There's a Kwak, a Delerium Tremens, a Floris Fraise and a couple of local Ticketybrews (Dubbel & Blonde) ;)

I've realised I make way more homebrew than I drink or share. I'm tripping over the stuff. So I'm nominating next month as Octoclear.

I shall endeavour to drink a whole bottle of each of my brews for every day of the month. A quick stock take says I have 28* different varieties of hooch. So I'm going to have to double up for a few days.

Will probably blog my progress on twatter, except for the sloe gin and mead days when I'll be muntered.

edit: * maybe 29, I've always fancied giving some pruno a bash and this could be a golden opportunity

I've realised I make way more homebrew than I drink or share. I'm tripping over the stuff. So I'm nominating next month as Octoclear.

I shall endeavour to drink a whole bottle of each of my brews for every day of the month. A quick stock take says I have 28* different varieties of hooch. So I'm going to have to double up for a few days.

Will probably blog my progress on twatter, except for the sloe gin and mead days when I'll be muntered.

edit: * maybe 29, I've always fancied giving some pruno a bash and this could be a golden opportunity

That's more like it. I've a secondary target too which is Octobrew - 4 brews in a month.

That's more like it. I've a secondary target too which is Octobrew - 4 brews in a month.

My Octoclear inventory includes stuff that's 2-3 years old.

I normally manage a couple of brews a month, mostly gallon batches. This month is a bit OTT as the freezer's full, I've got a backlog of fruit waiting to be dried and I've decided to ferment what's left over rather than chuck it.

As I mentioned above, I don't actually drink that much. I just enjoy brewing the stuff. Will make the effort next month though.

No :P

Frank, have gone off beer?

I always have to try it just one more time, just to make sure I still like it! :blink:

****** it

Im having Octoswear

You're ******ing welcome.

Anyone for Socktober? All you need to do is ***** into a different sock every day of the month.

Sorry ladies, you're going to need a man to take part.

Arg, I'd love to but I'vve be dry instead on recouperation. I look forward to the updates and (reviews/recommendations?) here.

I guess I should use the sober time to work out how to start my brewery up instead.

Micro pub! (link on shindigger's B&B thread)

Then you can sell your own beer as well.

Arg, I'd love to but I'vve be dry instead on recouperation. I look forward to the updates and (reviews/recommendations?) here.

I guess I should use the sober time to work out how to start my brewery up instead.

I hope you're replying to Octobeer and not Soctober.

I started putting stuff on an instagram account but due to 'technical difficulties' I haven't been able to for a while and missed a few good ones like an Irlbacher Dunkel and a Pechoresse something like that. I made a mistake of picking up the 4 varieties of Sam Smiths Organic Fruit Beers - UTTERLY VILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

I hope you're replying to Octobeer and not Soctober.

I started putting stuff on an instagram account but due to 'technical difficulties' I haven't been able to for a while and missed a few good ones like an Irlbacher Dunkel and a Pechoresse something like that. I made a mistake of picking up the 4 varieties of Sam Smiths Organic Fruit Beers - UTTERLY VILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Beer, yes. I don't own enough socks to divert any to alternative activities. Noted on fruit beers, I seldom have them.

I'm hoping to spend 31 days living my life within the Octo-pussy rules.

Whos 'in' ?

It's not for me. I'm too exhausted from Septmember.