House Price Crash Forum

C4 Countdown

DTMark

HOLA441
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

I assumed that they had a PC which determined the best word rather than doing it themselves.

I don't think so.... they did (and I'm sure on this one) miss the word "slipknot" for 8 once quite recently. Though perhaps it was hyphenated in their dictionary edition.

Now and again the contestants get words that Dictionary corner doesn't. The winner of the last series, who if I recall correctly lived about 6 miles from us and had the appearance of Ed Miliband's ******* love child, was absolutely amazing and outdid them fairly often.

I'd always wondered how Rachel Riley swaps the letters around so quickly to show the words, but I'd assumed that bit was done after the show had ended.

HOLA443

I don't think so.... they did (and I'm sure on this one) miss the word "slipknot" for 8 once quite recently. Though perhaps it was hyphenated in their dictionary edition.

Now and again the contestants get words that Dictionary corner doesn't. The winner of the last series, who if I recall correctly lived about 6 miles from us and had the appearance of Ed Miliband's ******* love child, was absolutely amazing and outdid them fairly often.

I'd always wondered how Rachel Riley swaps the letters around so quickly to show the words, but I'd assumed that bit was done after the show had ended.

I'll happily defer to your superior knowledge. The word games are the hardest in my view.

HOLA444

I don't think so.... they did (and I'm sure on this one) miss the word "slipknot" for 8 once quite recently.

Good word, awful band.

HOLA445
HOLA446

She's pretty quick, but if there's a couple of interesting words then they film it at the end of the particular round.

Sorry to be a killjoy, but slip knot is two separate words. :ph34r:

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

The point is that they'd have to call for three consonants, then a single vowel, then another two consonants. I don't fancy your chances TBH.

That's what makes the odds so long. I don't hold out that much hope...

By the way Richard Whiteley's "Gotcha" is worth seeing. This is the edited version, it actually went on for a whole show.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Suzie's gotten old.

I wish Rachel would do it in her underwear - the bending and the stretching. They should put the numbers higher and the letters lower.

Am I getting old?

No. I've heard that said a lot :)

There is a delicious interplay between Nick Hewer and the others. He's off in some sort of eccentric world and you never quite know what he's going to come out with. Susie Dent has mastered this way of repeatedly saying "OK" in a deadpan voice in response to him to try and avoid laughing out loud but doesn't quite manage it every time. Now and again it's hilarious, like when Nick really didn't know what the word "rogering" meant and invited her to explain.

• 1 month later...
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
  • 1 year later...
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Archived