House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DTMark

C4 Countdown

I want a new avatar.

What I want is the letters "DTMARK" spelled out as the first six letters in a Countdown letters game, without Photoshopping it.

I've been watching for so long now, and it never comes to bear.

How many episodes do I need to watch to have a realistic chance of seeing it?

REAWAKEN?

There's always one, isn't there ;)

I didn't see that.

I did actually try working out the answer to my own question.

I made it 1 in 4,107,438,720 making assumptions about the probability of consonants/vowels at certain positions (chance of consonant at position 1 is 1 in 2, but chance at position 6 I guessed at 1 in 4 since most would not pick a fifth consonant at that stage)

But then I don't think there are as many letter "K"s as there are say letter "R"s.

Then I decided that had to be nonsense, it's too complicated to calculate, then gave up and went to have a bath.

Edit: If only I'd got that iPhone, I could have asked "Siri".

To misquote Arthur Dent:

"I wish I'd listened to what my maths teacher told me."

"What did she tell you?"

"I don't know, I didn't listen".

So, let me get this right. Are you watching Countdown daily to try and see this?

Are you recording each programme? What if you see it come up but you have forgot to record it?

Shame that nice Jimmy Savile no longer has a programme you could write to.

Mark's not quite there yet in terms of obsessional behaviour.

The most obsessive I heard about was the president of the Janet Ellis fanclub who never left his house without having video recorders taping each channel in case he missed a chance appearance of the lovely Janet. I'm guessing this was before Freeview and Sky.

As TMT said Jim would have fixed that for you, just make sure you take a minder.

Hmm, she has put some weight on her bottom and now has a bottom. I stopped watching Countdown when Carol Vorderman's bottom stopped appearing on it and I found the replacement far too skinny for my liking. I haven't watched it in years but I see she now has a nicely shaped bottom.

Dating some rich guy isn't she?

Hmm, she has put some weight on her bottom and now has a bottom. I stopped watching Countdown when Carol Vorderman's bottom stopped appearing on it and I found the replacement far too skinny for my liking. I haven't watched it in years but I see she now has a nicely shaped bottom.

I have an idea for a series, called "big bottom word game". Who will fund this one? :blink:

I think she's married now.

Could have had me if she wasn't a Manure fan.

So, let me get this right. Are you watching Countdown daily to try and see this?

Are you recording each programme? What if you see it come up but you have forgot to record it?

Shame that nice Jimmy Savile no longer has a programme you could write to.

It's on series record. I do watch it daily, but I don't sit through the whole 50 minutes or whatever it is, I skip over the talking bits and only play the actual puzzle bits.

It's an interesting way to measure the rate of decline of my brain over the years since I know it used to work more quickly than it does now.

It's on series record. I do watch it daily, but I don't sit through the whole 50 minutes or whatever it is, I skip over the talking bits and only play the actual puzzle bits.

It's an interesting way to measure the rate of decline of my brain over the years since I know it used to work more quickly than it does now.

There used to be an excellent Flash game on the ITV website you could play.

It's now been taken down and replaced with an Apple app.

Now, who spotted the 8 letter word that everyone including Susie Dent missed yesterday... "videoing"

Not often that happens.

I'll bet people write in.

I really must get out more.

REAWAKEN?

I'm very average, so I saw ( along with many others here I believe! ), a word with a slightly lesser score! :blink::lol:

Well done! My mind is in the gutter! ;)