House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Aig Ceo Compares Anger At Wall Street Bonuses To The Lynching Of Black People In The South

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-09-24/aig-ceo-compares-anger-wall-street-bonuses-lynching-black-people-south

The uproar over bonuses was intended to stir public anger, to get everybody out there with their pitch forks and their hangman nooses, and all that–sort of like what we did in the Deep South. And I think it was just as bad and just as wrong.

- AIG CEO Robert Benmosche in a Wall Street Journal Interview this past weekend

As if you needed any more evidence of how disconnected, entitled, irrational and sociopathic the heads of financial firms in America are these days, along comes AIG’s CEO Robert Benmosche to dispel any lingering doubts. In a highly disturbing interview with the Wall Street Journal, Mr. Benmosche compares the murder of black people in the deep south based on racial prejudice and hate to the vast majority of Americans expressing disgust with the fact that Wall Street decided to suspend capitalism when it was in their best interests in order to give themselves trillions of dollars.

He actually compares an environment where the rule of law was often completely suspended to allow the murder of a disenfranchised racial group, to widespread public anger about the suspension of the rule of law to benefit the wealthiest, most connected people in the nation.

Total number of high ranking CEO's lynched, tarred, hanged 0

Anyone fancying the numbers of blacks lynched, tarred, hanged is 0?

Still perhaps he's going for solidarity with black people?

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-09-24/aig-ceo-compares-anger-wall-street-bonuses-lynching-black-people-south

Total number of high ranking CEO's lynched, tarred, hanged 0

Anyone fancying the numbers of blacks lynched, tarred, hanged is 0?

Perhaps we'll see the emergence of a radical murderous evil group known as the Kill Korrupt Kleptos :blink:

:lol::lol:

People trying to defend their power and privilege through intimidation and misinformation?

Sowing fear, uncertainty and doubt in their victims?

Could have been the KKK in years gone by.

Now it's the bankers!

Rich people should give more of their “colossal wealth” to charity and stop spending their cash on “the biggest possible house they can”, Boris Johnson has said

Is that the sort of statement that's started the Aig CEO off :o

Guest eight

Given the way poor communities were deliberately targeted by NINJA loans, I doubt he's likely to be thought of as the next Malcolm X.

I guess he'll just have to console himself with the fact that he and his peers have got considerably richer as a result of their greed and criminality, even as everyone else has got poorer paying for it.

Grumbling about it is about as far as the masses have got (so far) - if I were him I'd keep my mouth shut and maintain a low profile and avoid stirring the pot.

I guess he'll just have to console himself with the fact that he and his peers have got considerably richer as a result of their greed and criminality, even as everyone else has got poorer paying for it.

Grumbling about it is about as far as the masses have got (so far) - if I were him I'd keep my mouth shut and maintain a low profile and avoid stirring the pot.

Unfortunately, it's part of the psychological make up of these people to believe very strongly that they are worth what they are paid, that they alone could do whatever it is that they do and they are hence entitled to be where they are.

Why do you think they complain about having to pay tax even though they have more money than they could possibly spend?