House Price Crash Forum
DTMark

Thread Tracking Emails

Whatever happened to the emails that the forum used to pump out to track subscribed threads?

Did someone switch this off... or is it just me? As I don't get them any more when someone replies in a thread I subscribed or contributed to. Haven't changed any "Junk Email" settings lately, but it's possible that the provider might be refusing them for some reason.

I did have a look for a thread on this thinking I'm probably the last to notice it and everyone will groan when I ask because this is old news but I didn't see one.

.. Anyone?

Are others getting these?

(rocks slightly from side to side like an impatient Dalek)

I checked your settings which are ok. I remember on the last update the moderators were getting hundreds of emails generated for notifications and I think we got the developers to disable the setting.

I'm surprised nobody else has mentioned this. It does make threads difficult to follow and surely places more load on the server with people hitting F5 to refresh the page all the time. This might be why there have been quite a few duplicate posts lately?

Any chance of backing out that last update and regressing the code back to the previous version? The current one also seems to have some other issues including rendering HTML in post replies.

I had someone ask me last night your question as he is having the same issue. He changed his settings to mirror mine but still no joy.

I only popped in here because I can't upload a jpg or gif.

Best of luck.

I checked your settings which are ok. I remember on the last update the moderators were getting hundreds of emails generated for notifications and I think we got the developers to disable the setting.

I no longer receive emails and don't know why.

It doesn't work any more, it appears to have been turned off, assume for everyone, for everything.

I've missed a couple of private messages because of this - as I'd expected to get notified of their arrival, but that relies on logging in and looking at the top of the page now where it says "Messenger: 1 new".