House Price Crash Forum
eric pebble

Uk Was On Edge Of The Abyss....

UK WAS ON BRINK OF THE ABYSS:

[i tried telling all my friends.... Most just told me I was talking crap. Here it is - from the horses mouth..... And WOW! Gordon Idiot-Brown and his Merry Men were even more scummy than anyone thought possible..... They were PLAYING WITH and RUINING OUR LIVES... :angry: :angry: ]

At the start of the financial crisis, before the bankruptcy of Lehman Brothers, Gordon [brown] told me to close the door to his office at No 10 and sit down. ‘Do you realise how bad this is going to get?’ he said: ‘We’re going to be in recession by the New Year. And there’s nothing we can do. And people will make that the big issue, but that’s not the worst of it.

"The whole bloody thing could collapse. I’m serious! The whole bloody thing."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2427617/Ill-troops-streets-Gordon-Browns-spin-doctor-reveals-just-close-anarchy-Britain-came-banks-crashed.html

[i tried telling all my friends.... Most just told me I was talking crap. Here it is - from the horses mouth..... And WOW! Gordon Idiot-Brown and his Merry Men were even more scummy than anyone thought possible..... They were PLAYING WITH and RUINING OUR LIVES... :angry: :angry: ]

At the start of the financial crisis, before the bankruptcy of Lehman Brothers, Gordon [brown] told me to close the door to his office at No 10 and sit down. ‘Do you realise how bad this is going to get?’ he said: ‘We’re going to be in recession by the New Year. And there’s nothing we can do. And people will make that the big issue, but that’s not the worst of it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2427617/Ill-troops-streets-Gordon-Browns-spin-doctor-reveals-just-close-anarchy-Britain-came-banks-crashed.html

The sooner McBride disappears from view, the better. His recent appearances to punt his book ought to be causing lots of awkward questions about what the two Eds and Douglas Alexander knew about Brown's operation.

Edited by The B.L.T.

Gordon Brown 'discussed troops on streets'

"If you can't buy food or petrol or medicine for your kids, people will just start breaking the windows and helping themselves.

"And as soon as people see that on TV, that's the end, because everyone will think that's OK now, that's just what we all have to do. It'll be anarchy. That's what could happen tomorrow."

And the BBC on McBride:

And the former spin doctor rated Mr Brown's actions as "up with those of President Kennedy and his advisers during the Cuban Missile Crisis".

Below the headlining Blair-Brown smearing tittle-tattle to catch the eye of the media, the article is all about how great was Gordon.

An old Spin Doctor still spinning for his master - Gordon worked tirelessly and saved us, is the message of the piece

so, what's the agenda ?

Surely, it serves more purpose than to just secure a better place in history ?

Edited by LiveinHope

Gordon Brown's spin doctor reveals just how close to anarchy Britain came when the banks crashed

It didn't come close to "anarchy" - there was anarchy.

----

Anarchy

A state of lawlessness or political disorder due to the absence of governmental authority

----

That defines the state of UK banking and regulation very accurately.

Is it any better now?

Edited by billybong

He didn't know what he was doing.

They completely scared him sh*tless. There is a world of difference between bailing bondholders and professional investors above the statutory limits and ensuring ordinary depositors had enough money to buy their tea.

Totally panicked into bailing out the whole corrupt shebang at the height of the crisis....yet now they don't do that. They finally worked out what they should be doing and now 'bail ins' are all the rage. Yet that in fact is pretty much what we had before they overturned all the rules.

The tw*ts "didn't save the world", they enslaved it with their action up to the crisis, in the heat of it and the policy response since. Inequality is absolutely huge and British people are only slowly realising how poor we are in Europe and in the world. You'd think when 75% of new homes in your capital are being bought up for cash by foreigners it would twig....but no, the remaining Londoners think it's great their houses are rising in price in Sterling.

Well said!

But if even the highest-paid accountants in the country — working for the most profitable banks — had no idea that those banks’ balance sheets were reliant on worthless assets and debt that would be impossible to recover, how on earth was the Treasury, let alone No 10, meant to guess that at a dozen steps removed?

Oh do come off it. What's the treasury and BoE etc etc for then. Why not try reading the various commentators pointing out the likely outcome.

It's no way to run a country.

But if even the highest-paid accountants in the country — working for the most profitable banks — had no idea that those banks’ balance sheets were reliant on worthless assets and debt that would be impossible to recover, how on earth was the Treasury, let alone No 10, meant to guess that at a dozen steps removed?

Subsequent to the financial crisis, we were told privately, although it’s never been confirmed publicly, that John Gieve — the old Treasury head of spending who became Deputy Governor of the Bank of England — had written an internal paper before the collapse of Northern Rock raising concerns about the balance sheets of a number of major banks.

Spot the contradiction :rolleyes:

If that’s true, the Bank never shared the paper with Treasury ministers or, as far as I know, the Financial Services Authority.

"If that's true" :rolleyes:

Of course they expect the public to believe all that stuff.

Edited by billybong

Spot the contradiction :rolleyes:

come now, you are reading too closely.

The spin doctor's memoirs are all about painting Brown as a saviour in someone's eyes - but whose and why ?

Under the cover of a bit of tittle-tattle so the main message doesn't look too overt

As soon as information started to emerge about the state of the banks, Gordon devoured it and then ordered vast amounts more. Rapidly, he became the country’s leading authority on the nation’s banking assets.

:lol::lol:

For goodness sake he'd just been the Chancellor of the Exchequer.

It's a laugh a paragraph. Are they sure he's a Labour spin doctor and not working for the "opposition".

Edited by billybong

come now, you are reading too closely.

The spin doctor's memoirs are all about painting Brown as a saviour in someone's eyes - but whose and why ?

Under the cover of a bit of tittle-tattle so the main message doesn't look too overt

Someone has to. You just don't get the laughs unless you read it properly - and there are plenty of them.

Indeed in overall terms there's a picture being painted about Brown, Blair and Labour etc and there are questions about the overall purpose - apart from selling the memoirs that is.

Edited by billybong

On the evening before he was due to announce the part-nationalisation of UK banks, he looked ravaged. He closed his office door, sat on the couch and said in almost a whisper: ‘We’ve just got to get ourselves ready in case it goes wrong tomorrow. And I mean really wrong.

‘Even if there’s a panic in another country, people will see it on the TVs, and they’ll start panicking here. It’s got to be given a chance to work.’

I said: ‘But people will give it a chance . . .’

‘You don’t understand,’ he said sternly. ‘If the banks are shutting their doors, and the cashpoints aren’t working, and people go to Tesco and their cards aren’t being accepted, the whole thing will just explode.

‘If you can’t buy food or petrol or medicine for your kids, people will just start breaking the windows and helping themselves. And as soon as people see that on TV, that’s the end, because everyone will think that’s OK now, that’s just what we all have to do. It’ll be anarchy. That’s what could happen tomorrow. I’m serious, I’m serious . . . We’d have to think: do we have curfews, do we put the Army on the streets, how do we get order back?

But it didn't happen. No one broke any windows, there were no curfews, no one went hungry.

Which means that Gordon Brown, as well as being a duplicitous and sneaky scum bag, was also a shrill and melodramatic hysteric.

Subsequent to the financial crisis, we were told privately, although it’s never been confirmed publicly, that John Gieve — the old Treasury head of spending who became Deputy Governor of the Bank of England — had written an internal paper before the collapse of Northern Rock raising concerns about the balance sheets of a number of major banks.

and they never thought to ask (or demand) to see a copy - "subsequently". Even John Gieve probably had/still has a copy of his own report funded by the taxpayer.

He was at hand at the time - didn't he think it would be helpful in saving the nation.

He served as Deputy Governor for Financial Stability of the Bank of England from 2006 to 2009. He was a member of the Monetary Policy Committee and had responsibility for the Bank's financial stability work, sitting on the board of the FSA, the UK regulator of financial services and on the Financial Stability Board which coordinated the international response to the financial crisis

Edited by billybong

Reading Daily Heil articles is bad for your blood pressure. They are experts at pressing your buttons

Exactly. Every article is a very finely tuned dogwhistle. Those who are sensitive to it will scream and explode, those who aren't won't notice it's there. They have no interest in accuracy and information (see any number of european stories where they asked for a quote, were given reams of evidence that their entire story was false, and they just printed it anyway), merely in outraging people and using it to make money. I'm not entirely sure why they remain accredited press, rather than stored in the fiction/crime section.

Can you blame him? He was financially illiterate. Yes the BBC were in awe of his rambling budgets and profuse use of long intellectual sounding words and big numbers, but it was all management ********.

Whats worse is those who are supposed to know, dont.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/10265593/Britain-needs-a-miracle-and-not-in-the-shape-of-another-debt-binge.html

The former Bank of England Governor’s conclusion, in his BBC Today lecture, was as bold as it was simple. “This was a bust without a boom,” he said. “Recessions were supposed to follow booms and high inflation, not periods of steady and sustainable growth with low inflation.”

There was no boom? NO BOOM? NO INFLATION? House prices, the single biggest asset in this country experienced inflation of around 300% (from £50k to £200k) in 12 years. Credit had a massive bubble There was 'low inflation' because inflation statistics choose to ignore certain irritating things. Credit was stuck in that circle. Then some leaked out and oil doubled, gold quadrupled, commodities soared.

But it didn't happen. No one broke any windows, there were no curfews, no one went hungry.

Which means that Gordon Brown, as well as being a duplicitous and sneaky scum bag, was also a shrill and melodramatic hysteric.

+1

I was just about to post the same.

The sun kept rising in the morning and everyone kept going about their business.

This is classic narcissist self-grandisement IMPO. Things were absolutely dire and the world was about to end - BUT I SAVED IT ALL.

It is a narcissist technique of self-evaluation and mirroring - mirroring in this case being the financial collapse. The more I make out the financial collapse was perilous the more wonderful I am for saving everything.

This was a coup, not a political coup, but a financial coup.

Parliament has surrendered democracy too eagerly for my liking.

We are effectively back to a Government from before the civil war, when the Monarch could override the will of Parliament.

Parliament are kneeling before their new King, and care not for the voters.

We await a new Cromwell.:ph34r:

Edited by Lord D'arcy Pew

Well, yeah. That's what usually happens at the end of a Labour government.

What's more amusing is that we are still in EXACTLY the same position now. Nothing has been fixed and the total collapse is still to come. All they did was sweep it under the carpet for a while.

Although no politician would admit it things are looking far worse now.

Massive deficit = Check

Increased debt = Check

Loss of fulltime jobs replaced by zero hour contracts = Check

Failed to reform the banks = Check

Failed to reform benefit system = Check

Increased the cost of living = Check

I could go on. I would love to know what our so called leaders actually think they have done to save us.

Edited by doomed

Yeah but no but ... they will soon have doubled the national debt since the last lot and inflated our wages, savings, pensions away. Good news then hey!

Edited by DarkHorseWaits-NoMore

Gordon doen't care what you think , he's now the 'UN special envoy for global * education' ..... he just had to have the word 'global' in the title .

http://gordonandsarahbrown.com/tag/united-nations/page/2/

In this link there are photos of him with children from London schools ..........

http://www.un.org/apps/news/newsmakers.asp?NewsID=92

I need a sick bag ..........

Edited by grey shark