House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

enworb

Holidays

Just wondering if anyone else gets excited about Jan - March like I do. As much as I like summer holidays - including cheap and chearful and Carribean and America, I look forward to snowboarding at the beginning of the year.

I didn't go last year because I was saving for a deposit but hopefully a few of my mates will be up for a winter holiday.

Those that haven't tried skiiing or boarding ought to give one or the other a go.

I keep meaning to go on a mountain biking holiday - not with a guide - but I don't know anyone willing to cycle 50 or so miles a day while on holiday :angry:

What do you normally go for and what do you dream of? Full Board, all inclusive, India, Egypt.

Let me guess - a month in Austrailia.

I live 1/2 hr away from Lake Tahoe. I don't really ski, more fall down the mountian. But my little ones are good at it. We got snowed in last year. It was fun.

I like the seasons to change. I wouldn't want to live someplace wth only summer.

Guest growl

Hubby and I going ski-ing from the middle of December til New Year in Switzerland. Two separate hotels, couldn't get the same one. We normally go every year for a week, but since hubby has been away alot were're treating ourselves and going for two.

First time in Switzerland and first time flying to Geneva. We usually ski around Austria/Germany and drive over. But maybe were're getting old.

Hubby calls the snowboarders 'gays on trays' :lol:

I stick to blue and the odd red run..he goes on mainly red runs, some are difficult... well I think so. Must be a male thing... has to go bombursting down the slopes. I like to take it easy and glide, glide, glide.

Were're also into the sauna's that you sometimes get with your chalet and log fires. We usually go self catering with the odd meal out. I like to visit the local towns aswell.

Christmas in a real snow area is magical.

I'm not good in really hot climate. Italy is ok but we went to Tenerife once and hated every minute. We like to scuba dive though. But I prefer to go to hot climes in May or end of season.

I live in the south of England and there is so much to visit in England that we don't normally go anywhere in the summer.

Our Winter holiday is the one we look forward to. :)

I'm really looking forward to early 2006 and can't wait to snowboard again. Didn't do any this year, but normally manage at least 2 trips (early Jan, and late March).

I'm now completely into doing it chalet style as if you hunt around and are willing to travel it's cheap at hell and the social side makes the holiday - My last two chalets costs £220 + £250 for breakfast,dinner, afternoon snacks, as much table wine as you can drink, flights and transfer. :P It's an incredible price and involved flying from East Midlands etc, but I don't care.

I just need a new ski jacket as mine was stolen on Friday!! :(

Don't let a miser book a winter holiday for you. We left it to my cousin to arrange a flight to Tignes in France, and chalet style accomodation.

He drove from our town in Berks to Manchester airport - where we flew to Gineva in Switzerland. Then a couch journey to Tignes in France. It may not sound far, but we spent the best part of 20 hours travelling.

That was my first ever winter holiday. We now spend that little bit extra to fly from any of the London airports nearby.

I'm really looking forward to early 2006 and can't wait to snowboard again. Didn't do any this year, but normally manage at least 2 trips (early Jan, and late March).

I'm now completely into doing it chalet style as if you hunt around and are willing to travel it's cheap at hell and the social side makes the holiday - My last two chalets costs £220 + £250 for breakfast,dinner, afternoon snacks, as much table wine as you can drink, flights and transfer. :P It's an incredible price and involved flying from East Midlands etc, but I don't care.

I just need a new ski jacket as mine was stolen on Friday!! :(

I take it you are going somewhere in Europe. Have you considered taking advantage of the exchange rate and going to America. It will cost more to get there but believe it or not, it will cost less for food - and the snow should be far better for boarding.

I can't take more than a week of before April because my company have relocated. I will only have 7 1/2 days accrued by then so hopefully the exchange rate will still be good next winter :D

I imagine Canada will cost a lot less too. I've got family (3 aunts and uncles) in Calgary but that's still a 5 hour drive to Banff!

Im to much of a loser to go on holiday, i havn't been on holiday at all in about 8 years... it gets boring checking out sunsets by yourself :unsure: