House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Ryanair Promises To Improve Customer Service

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/21/business/global/ryanair-promises-to-improve-customer-service.html?ref=business&_r=0

DUBLIN — Ryanair, the Dublin-based budget airline, promised on Friday to transform its “abrupt culture” in a bid to win customers, acknowledging for the first time that a reputation for treating its passengers badly might have become a problem.

The Irish airline, this week voted the worst of the 100 biggest brands serving the British market by readers of the consumer magazine Which?, said it would overhaul the way it communicates and be more lenient about fining customers over luggage sizes.

“We should try to eliminate things that unnecessarily” irritate people, Ryanair’s chief executive, Michael O’Leary, said at the company’s annual meeting after several shareholders complained about the impact of customer service on sales.

Hmmm wouldn't that mean Michael O'Leary resigning?

The only way is up if your bottom. Never flown with them so I have no idea how good/poor they are.

It appears that O'Leary isn't going to charge you extra for good customer service.

As I mention whenever Ryanair comes up, there's no reason why a low-cost service has to degrade into outright scammery.

IMPO the Ryanair website crosses the line. The boffins at Ryanair somehow manage to come up with new ways to make the process ever more tortuous every time I try and book a ticket. I know of no other large company that puts so many hurdles and traps in the way of trying to buy something on-line.

I use Ryanair to book flights for elderly relatives who live near a local airport served by Ryanair. If another carrier served the same destination I'd stump up extra cash in an instant.

I only fly with them as a last resort like other people. I once asked for a glass of tap water and was told that none was available as its an aeroplane. I recently flew easyjet, which I have no problem with and got a cup of tap water no problem.

Ryanair suck, and the premium I attach not flying with them is really quite significant.

I only fly with them as a last resort like other people. I once asked for a glass of tap water and was told that none was available as its an aeroplane. I recently flew easyjet, which I have no problem with and got a cup of tap water no problem.

Ryanair suck, and the premium I attach not flying with them is really quite significant.

Maybe they have realised that so many of the public now have such a low opinion of them that they either would never use them or only use them an airline of last resort.

It would take a huge shift in their attitude to get me back on one of their planes and I can't be the only one thinking like this.

Easyjet make money and at least give a passing impression of caring if their customers hate flying with them or not.

Maybe they have realised that so many of the public now have such a low opinion of them that they either would never use them or only use them an airline of last resort.

It would take a huge shift in their attitude to get me back on one of their planes and I can't be the only one thinking like this.

Easyjet make money and at least give a passing impression of caring if their customers hate flying with them or not.

Ryanair have released poor financial results, which has also prompted comments about service levels.

It's easy to be flippant about service and piss people off when the company is doing well overall. Easy come, easy go. Ryanair are nothing unusual in that, except maybe the extent to which they have riled some people. The loyalty of their customer base must be pretty weak what with periodic articles about charging people for the loo, or making them stand up etc etc. And also some self-inflicted disasters, like recently stiffing a man who was flying home earlier in the day than scheduled in the knowledge that his wife and three children probably perished in a house fire. You just can't do that and expect to get away with it. Especially when the resulting climbdown reads like it is typed through gritted teeth. They have made great play of their grumpy nature, but it must be a bloody nightmare if you have an emergency and need a bit of common sense, or God forbid, compassion.

TBH ive flown several times with EJ and RA, none of the issues people complain about everyday have been experienced...no grumpy staff Uk or Europe, good flight attendants and little if any delay.

I think some people get the service they deserve...grumpy overbearing passengers are a problem for the staff and other passengers too.

I used them once and only once to visit some friends in Biarritz. It was such a horrible experience that, when I went back a few years later, I flew to Paris with BA instead, stayed the night there and then took the train to Biarritz the following day. It was a really nice way to get there too - wonderful dinner close to Montmartre, long breakfast at a pavement cafe, fast comfortable train ride with a good book to read to the final destination. Best of all, no image of a smirking O'Leary in my head whilst I did it.

I've managed to totally avoid flying ryanair for the last ten years.

When i was finally forced to book through them for a stag weekend they saved me by shortly afterwards cancelling the flight and the route.

I have flown Wizz-Air a couple of times though. They seem to be trying to outdo ryanair (charging for cabin bags, use a premium rate number for customer services)