House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Saudi - 2 Year Old Boy Has Gastric Band Fitted!

http://nypost.com/2013/09/19/obese-toddler-has-gastric-bypass-surgery/

A morbidly obese two-year-old has become the youngest person in the world to undergo bariatric surgery.

The parents of the toddler from Saudi Arabia who weighed 72 lbs and had a Body Mass Index of 41 sought help because he suffered sleep apnea that caused him to stop breathing while asleep.

I dread to think of the long term complications of this. Clearly the parents can't say no.

I dread to think of the long term complications of this. Clearly the parents can't say no.

Clearly the parents were unfit to look after the child.

They should have had the child 'adopted' with another family for six months - surely that would have been a more sensible option?

Clearly the parents were unfit to look after the child.

They should have had the child 'adopted' with another family for six months - surely that would have been a more sensible option?

No surprise there. When I was in Saudi it appeared that sugar was typically purchased in 25kg bags.

Mind you that might have been for all the Saudi home brew wine , sid and beer :lol:

Maybe it is a long-term Al Qaeda plot? How many kids are there like this in Saudi? Perhaps there is some sinister plan to catapult them at the West?

Most the population are obese. 30% of adults have type 2 diebetes. Fat lazy fxxks who cant do anything except breed and eat.

A friend of mine here in Canada runs summer camps for children from all over the world. He says that it's not uncommon for Saudi (and rich Arab state in general) children to arrive at the camps, which are usually in one of the Canadian national parks, and pretty much refuse to walk more than a few metres since they've always been driven everywhere in a car and never been required or allowed to take exercise of any kind. On the up side, he also says that once they've been at the camp for a couple of weeks they're running around and doing stuff just like normal kids.

No surprise there. When I was in Saudi it appeared that sugar was typically purchased in 25kg bags.

Mind you that might have been for all the Saudi home brew wine , sid and beer :lol:

Yes, they like soggy cakes, which seem to be mostly sugar! :o

Most the population are obese. 30% of adults have type 2 diebetes. Fat lazy fxxks who cant do anything except breed and eat.

Bit harsh...

...but fairly accurate. You just need to add "and drive very badly".