House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reck B

Websites/ Geo-Targeting

I have created a page on a wordpress site I'm working on with the url www.companyname.com/servicename-devon (names have been changed to protect the innocent)

Googling the servicename + devon shows my site as top listing on google (go me!).

I created a similar page targeting somerset (i copied the devon page and changed a few words) and the page is nowhere to be seen, not even on page 134,556,339

I published the page a good 2 hours ago any ideas why it's not appearing? I'm using yoast and understand that new pages get pinged to the search engines automatically. do i need to submit a new sitemap manually in webmaster tools?

Guest eight

Googling the servicename + devon shows my site as top listing on google (go me!).

Is it some kind of inbreeding support forum?

I have created a page on a wordpress site I'm working on with the url www.companyname.com/servicename-devon (names have been changed to protect the innocent)

I created a similar page targeting somerset (i copied the devon page and changed a few words) and the page is nowhere to be seen, not even on page 134,556,339

I published the page a good 2 hours ago any ideas why it's not appearing? I'm using yoast and understand that new pages get pinged to the search engines automatically. do i need to submit a new sitemap manually in webmaster tools?

2 suggestions:

1. WP might have sent it straight to google but Google might be taking a few hours to update its servers.

2. Google might be cleverer than you and might recognise that you have copied and pasted the Devon page, and that there is no new content for Somerset googlers.

You need to wait for google to crawl the site again.

You can download plugins for WP that help speed this up - i.e. everytime you add a new page or change one they notify google.

However, you also then need a plugin that does not tell google about pages that have not changed - as that p*sses google off and it stops listing your sites.

My invoice is in the post.

world-wide-webbed-toes.devon.com

:angry:

Is that your feet?