House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Cyber-Blackmailers 'abusing Hundreds Of Uk Children'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24163284

Hundreds of British children are being blackmailed into performing sex acts online, the Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre has warned.

Abusers posing online as children talk victims into sexual acts or sharing of images, then threaten to send pictures to the child's family and friends.

Ceop said in 12 cases over two years, 424 children had been blackmailed in this way - 184 of them in the UK.

Deputy chief executive Andy Baker said the abuse "escalates really quickly".

He told BBC Radio 4's Today programme that it could take as little as four minutes "to go from, 'Hi, do you want to get naked?', to self-harming".

Seven victims have killed themselves, including a 17-year-old in the UK.

Another seven seriously self-harmed, of whom six were from the UK.

It seems this is all over the news today.

Calls for more controls? I wonder how many children get talked into taking their clothes off without the help of the internet?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24163284

It seems this is all over the news today.

Calls for more controls? I wonder how many children get talked into taking their clothes off without the help of the internet?

I blame neighbours..the current boryline is of a bad guy terrorising the community of stupid neighbours with a captured video of him having sex with one of the stupid neighbours.

IIRC, sex was available on some council estates for 2 bob, in times gone past.

Guest eight

I blame neighbours..the current boryline is of a bad guy terrorising the community of stupid neighbours with a captured video of him having sex with one of the stupid neighbours.

Guy I used to work with had previously been some kind of doorstep money collector. Claimed that offers of sex in lieu of payment were commonplace. If that failed, occasionally progressed onto offers of sex with the daughter. No idea how much truth there was in it. He claimed to have never taken advantage.

I'm sure the 184 UK cases all made sensational headlines, and were pursued vigorously by the prosecuting authorities.

Oh wait, they were too busy stitching up aging celebs.

I suspect a lot of this is boyfriend pressurising the girl into "a bit more", and neither of them are what I would classify as children. I'd lay money most are over the age of consent, but fall into the "children" definition today (under 18).

Obviously we must all have our freedoms and anonmity crushed, provide passport details and national insurance numbers to every website we visit, rather than expect a couple of thousand parents to do their jobs of being, er, parents.

Whilst the people doing this should be caught and charged with extortion etc - the constant need for the police and media to brand everything as child abuse or paedo monsters is really quite worrying.

Most of these cases are young adults trying to get a bit of filthy chat with a stranger - and getting conned.

Not nice - but hardly child abuse. It takes away from real cases of child abuse out there. Imo.

Isnt 99.9% or something ridiculous of abuse in the family. Obviously the state is too busy handing out father of the year awards for that kind of stuff though, so they'll throw resources at the 0.1% of 'other' abuse.

Where can I get these free daft children to rub? :blink:

Again, this is ENTIRELY the fault of parents.

NO child should be on the internet unsupervised. Ever. End of story.

Its like Mary Whitehouse and the 'video nasties' of the 70/80s all over again, except this time authoritarian self proclaimed 'liberals' are jumping on the bandwagon as well as the puritanical conservative types.

How did we survive?

My friend's kids were on the Internet the other night! Amazingly, a peadophile didn't pop out of the modem! :huh:

My friend's kids were on the Internet the other night! Amazingly, a peadophile didn't pop out of the modem! :huh:

Thats not the point, the point is there is a 0.0001% chance of something happening at some point in time to someone who might be unstable and commit suicide or fall into the hands of a nonce anyway. Thus we must all surrender our freedom. Its quite understandable if you're a power hungry political type.