House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheCountOfNowhere

Anyone Want A Rent Free Shop....

http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/news/business/boarded-up-shop-in-northampton-being-offered-rent-free-1-5504375

"Boarded-up shop in Northampton being offered rent-free"

People think the landlord is being generous, perhaps he's having to fork out £4500 a year to the council in rates to have an empty shop.

£4500 rates....you can stick that Mr. Councillor.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/news/business/boarded-up-shop-in-northampton-being-offered-rent-free-1-5504375

"Boarded-up shop in Northampton being offered rent-free"

People think the landlord is being generous, perhaps he's having to fork out £4500 a year to the council in rates to have an empty shop.

£4500 rates....you can stick that Mr. Councillor.

Happens a lot, apparently. I guess anyone who has seriously looked at renting business premesis already knows this though.

The surveyor looking to let the premises says the owner of the property “just wants a tenant”.

Samantha Jones, of Prop-Search, said: “The landlord is Leicestershire-based and is aware there are a fair number of empty retail units. It is not necessarily about money for them.

“They are of an era where they don’t like to walk up a High Street and see empty shops. contemplate the balance sheet implications of writing down the asset value if they reduced the non-discounted rental rate."

edit added a bit that got lost in the ether.

Edited by The B.L.T.

The Drapery seems to have gone downhill since I last visited it. The shop is opposite Debenhams too.

When did you last visit ?

The place is a mess, it's falling apart. That's why i'm not buying into this whole recovery nonsense.

Northampton's a poor place but houses are selling at insane prices, I guess, due to people moving out of London.

People are paying fortunes to live in a dump of a town. The politicians/councils keep trying to fix it...they dont seem to see they are part of the problem.

When did you last visit ?

The place is a mess, it's falling apart. That's why i'm not buying into this whole recovery nonsense.

Northampton's a poor place but houses are selling at insane prices, I guess, due to people moving out of London.

People are paying fortunes to live in a dump of a town. The politicians/councils keep trying to fix it...they dont seem to see they are part of the problem.

Don't think I've been back to Northampton for over ten years and the decline of the town centre was noticeable then.

On the other hand I was pleasantly surprised by a recent visit to Leicester.

Edited by aSecureTenant

Don't think I've been back to Northampton for over ten years and the decline of the town centre was noticeable then.

On the other hand I was pleasantly surprised by a recent visit to Leicester.

Blimey, if you thought it was going downhill a decade ago if you go back now you will cry !!!

It really is atrocious.

One of the reasons i've held off buying a house is I don;t particularly want to live there.