House Price Crash Forum

"council Tax Levels 'at Breaking Point'"

erranta

HOLA441

http://www.thisisdevon.co.uk/displayNode.j...&folderPk=91672

11:00 - 19 November 2005

A Westcountry MP warned of "growing unrest" over council tax bills last night as local authorities pointed to new evidence that the Government had shifted resources to its heartlands in the Midlands and the North.

Recent warnings of further double-digit rises next year had prompted an unprecedented backlash from constituents.

"I don't think we can keep going as we are with council tax," Mr Streeter said. "There is growing unrest and we are reaching the point where there will be a spontaneous rebellion. Since the warnings that council tax will rise by ten per cent next year I have been contacted by a number of constituents who say they simply cannot afford it and won't pay. That has never happened before and it is a very real concern."

Interestingly, another article is about "ARMING THE POLICE" :ph34r:

HOLA442

Yes - the shooting of the poor WPCs was unusual and rather well-timed to add fuel to the bonfire of security hysteria.

Don't forget David Kelly and the whitewash afterwards...

Having said that - I fully support the Government and intend never to protest about anything as it is unpatriotic.

Edited by 29929BlackTuesday