House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MrPin

Ungentlemanly Behaviour

The last thing I want, when I go for a pee, is the bloke from another department, next to me lecturing me on last year's sales figures, and how well his daughter is doing at the piano, whilst still holding his ****! Does anyone else find this a bit disturbing? And possibly not the act of a gentleman? :blink:

The last thing I want, when I go for a pee, is the bloke from another department, next to me lecturing me on last year's sales figures, and how well his daughter is doing at the piano, whilst still holding his ****! Does anyone else find this a bit disturbing? And possibly not the act of a gentleman? :blink:

Disturbing. I thought there was an unwritten rule that one didn't talk in that situation.

20 seconds and you get a full life history from some people.

Disturbing. I thought there was an unwritten rule that one didn't talk in that situation.

That's what I always thought!

I remember my old boss, nob in one hand, cellphone in one ear, laughing away and pissing down his trousers. A model of dignity! :blink:

I once heard of a desperate screenwriter successfully delivering a twenty second feature film 'pitch' to a producer in an 'adjoining urinals' situation. He subsequently got a commission for a draft script.

It's never too early to be closing....Glengarry Glenross

20 seconds and you get a full life history from some people.

2 pints I would say! I remember some bloke telling me his wife likes it up the arus! Completely useless information for me! :blink:

I once heard of a desperate screenwriter successfully delivering a twenty second feature film 'pitch' to a producer in an 'adjoining urinals' situation. He subsequently got a commission for a draft script.

It's never too early to be closing....Glengarry Glenross

A fish called wanda?

2 pints I would say! I remember some bloke telling me his wife likes it up the arus! Completely useless information for me! :blink:

You should have repied "I know" and watch him p1ss on his trousers.

A sentence or two about the weather is etiquette and perfectly acceptable...

Anything other than that is strictly out of bounds.

In my day, you only needed to unzip your flies and you're away, in silence.

Nowadays they take their belts off, fully undo the trousers whilst talking on the mobile. God only knows what is going on, but I presume it is something to do with the under garments.

A lot of male undergarmets come with no willy access - pretty pointless for the few important things that a man does with his willy.

Why men buy such items is beyond me - totally impractical. Ladies need to be educated on why they are pointless gifts also.

If you really object to business conversations while urinating, I suggest you leave the meeting and urinate in the gent's lavatory instead.

Apart from being used to the idea because it's been this way in our society all my life, I have often thought it odd that it should be 'normal' for complete strangers to be peeing standing right next to each other (if they happen to be male).

Women sometimes complain about there not being enough loos in theatres and such--they're queueing around the block, and the men are in and out in a jiffy. Presumably, some of this 'in and out' is due to being able to stand literally shoulder-to-shoulder with one's fellow men?

If you really object to business conversations while urinating, I suggest you leave the meeting and urinate in the gent's lavatory instead.

I have been attending those meetings, unfortunately! :blink:

Apart from being used to the idea because it's been this way in our society all my life, I have often thought it odd that it should be 'normal' for complete strangers to be peeing standing right next to each other (if they happen to be male).

Women sometimes complain about there not being enough loos in theatres and such--they're queueing around the block, and the men are in and out in a jiffy. Presumably, some of this 'in and out' is due to being able to stand literally shoulder-to-shoulder with one's fellow men?

I actually don't know any man who has a urinal fitted in his own house! And that includes single men! :blink:

1379489708[/url]' post='909394038']

Are there guidelines to the minimum distance between urinals or is it up to the discretion of the tradesman fitting them? I try to avoid the middle urinal (during peak demand) due to the risk of touching shoulders. It surprises me the number of men that don't seem to mind that scenario. I personally find it annoying.

I once knew a chap who would put both hands on his hips whilst using the urinal.

I quite often go outside the house. It saves on water and is quite pleasant actually. B)

I sometimes, of a warm cloudless night, go outside into the back garden and have a wee. With the warm summer breeze whilst looking up at a star filled sky it can be almost spiritual. It also helps me get in touch with my hunter-gatherer macho inner-self.

Plus it helps keep the cats away.

Are there guidelines to the minimum distance between urinals or is it up to the discretion of the tradesman fitting them? I try to avoid the middle urinal (during peak demand) due to the risk of touching shoulders. It surprises me the number of men that don't seem to mind that scenario. I personally find it annoying.

I once knew a chap who would put both hands on his hips whilst using the urinal.

I played a Flash game a while ago (no, Flash as in Adobe Flash-based on a website ;) ) where you where shown a line of urinals and you had to chose the "right" one to use in any given situation I.e. if there was someone using the left-most one and the rest were clear then you should choose the right one furthest away. Was mildly amusing because it's true - the guy there before you might think you a bit familiar if you chose the urinal next to him if there were others available.

I played a Flash game a while ago (no, Flash as in Adobe Flash-based on a website ;) ) where you where shown a line of urinals and you had to chose the "right" one to use in any given situation I.e. if there was someone using the left-most one and the rest were clear then you should choose the right one furthest away. Was mildly amusing because it's true - the guy there before you might think you a bit familiar if you chose the urinal next to him if there were others available.

It is an unwritten rule isn't it. If one man is standing at row of urinals you do not go and stand next to him. You chose the one farthest away.

I have had younger men come and do this to me and I am standing there feeling unomfortable thinking can I break the rule of not speaking to tell him to go stand away from me :lol:

I once worked with a guy who carried some kind of UV torch with him so he could highlight urine 'splash-back' on mens trousers from using urinals. He refused to use urinals for this reason.

1379498008[/url]' post='909394140']

It is an unwritten rule isn't it. If one man is standing at row of urinals you do not go and stand next to him. You chose the one farthest away.

I have had younger men come and do this to me and I am standing there feeling unomfortable thinking can I break the rule of not speaking to tell him to go stand away from me :lol:

I once worked with a guy who carried some kind of UV torch with him so he could highlight urine 'splash-back' on mens trousers from using urinals. He refused to use urinals for this reason.

It's surprising the amount of splash back one gets from a urinal. When you're wearing trousers you don't notice it, however shorts are a different matter. I've tried different aiming techniques but can't seem to find the sweet spot, if it even exists.

It's surprising the amount of splash back one gets from a urinal. When you're wearing trousers you don't notice it, however shorts are a different matter. I've tried different aiming techniques but can't seem to find the sweet spot, if it even exists.

If you can keep the stream directly through one of the drain holes (think Luke Skywalker blowing up the Death Star and use the force) then you might stand a chance. :D

Yes, I wear shorts a lot in summer and have heightened anxiety whilst standing at an urinal and then some bloke comes and stands next to me. I have been known to stop and move.

You lot have all got small c*cks that you're afraid to show I reckon, it's the only logical explanation.

One of the advantages of being a man is not to give a t*ss about urinating and you're all talking like women!

Before the days of antibiotics MEN used to sometimes p*ss in their comrades battlefield wounds to help with disinfection FFS.

:P