Land Reg August

rantnrave

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

Depends where you live.

Most of the UK is largely static. London is the big exception.

Round out way the decent house sell for 2007++ prices, mainly to people from London by all accounts. Still tiny volumes though but this is enough to keep the index looking flat.

When london pops this will end and everywhere will plummet...except Northern Ireland...It's different there,

HOLA446
HOLA447

Not exactly the boom that everyone else is reporting...

Definitely asking price increases and a few actual increases, but patchy - some homes are coming on and some months or weeks later being reduced. Lots just sitting there. Still homes that are in the right place at the right price sell fast - some new ones going, but I suspect more slowly than developers wish to pretend. The help to buy scheme can't help if your income multiple wont let you buy something for £375-500k which should be about £240-300k - http://www.rightmove.co.uk/developer/branch/Barratt-Homes/The-Fieldings-93880.html

HOLA448

1/2 million for a detached house in Worthing which would cost £150k to build (exc. land) - people say there is no bubble in the UK :lol:

Quite funny to watch all this from a distance... I wonder when it will collapse?

I think that Goldman Carney will let things go up another 25% ofver the next couple of years before manufacturing a crisis - looks like the magic 2015 date is coming true and everyone is being sucked in. :lol:

HOLA449

1/2 million for a detached house in Worthing which would cost £150k to build (exc. land) - people say there is no bubble in the UK :lol:

Quite funny to watch all this from a distance... I wonder when it will collapse?

I think that Goldman Carney will let things go up another 25% ofver the next couple of years before manufacturing a crisis - looks like the magic 2015 date is coming true and everyone is being sucked in. :lol:

the crisis is already here ...1.40 a llitre for unleaded...doubt the tax man cares tho.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Apologies if this has been asked and answered before but, what do LR do with regards to cash purchases? We bought for cash 4 years ago and my in-laws a year ago and neither of our properties show as having been purchased on any of the free to use sites - only the previous purchase of our properties appear. Do LR include such purchases in their figures regardless of this ?

We bought 3 years ago not 4 - not that it should matter.

Edited by housespider

HOLA4412

Apologies if this has been asked and answered before but, what do LR do with regards to cash purchases? We bought for cash 4 years ago and my in-laws a year ago and neither of our properties show as having been purchased on any of the free to use sites - only the previous purchase of our properties appear. Do LR include such purchases in their figures regardless of this ?

I know of 2 cash purchases over the past few years that showed up as usual on the free sites within 2 or 3 months. If details have been passed to LR they should eventually show up on the free sites.

There has been talk in the past of the LR not listing auction properties, not sure how true this is, though. Did either of you buy at auction?

HOLA4413

Should be listed - they don't publicly list repos.

Is it that they don't list the ones that might distort the figures - so a family sale wouldn't be included?

Edited by SarahBell

HOLA4414

I know of 2 cash purchases over the past few years that showed up as usual on the free sites within 2 or 3 months. If details have been passed to LR they should eventually show up on the free sites.

There has been talk in the past of the LR not listing auction properties, not sure how true this is, though. Did either of you buy at auction?

Hello - no, both houses were 'normal' purchases bought from the then owners, no probate situation, auction or repo.......

Having thought about it, the lady we bought from was mortgage free and it's very likely that it was the same with the house my in-laws bought. There might be something in that fact......

HOLA4415

Hello - no, both houses were 'normal' purchases bought from the then owners, no probate situation, auction or repo.......

Having thought about it, the lady we bought from was mortgage free and it's very likely that it was the same with the house my in-laws bought. There might be something in that fact......

If you go to this page on the Land Registry website there's a link to an online report form where you can enter the details for a property where a registered sale appears to be missing.

It's probably worth doing so just to make sure the sale has been correctly registered.

HOLA4416

If you go to this page on the Land Registry website there's a link to an online report form where you can enter the details for a property where a registered sale appears to be missing.

It's probably worth doing so just to make sure the sale has been correctly registered.

Thanks for that - not sure I will fill in the form though as quite frankly I don't mind the fact that other people can't easily find out how much I paid for my house.

We are in possession of the title deeds, which are supplied by LR so I know that all is well on that front. However it just makes me wonder if the LR figures include all such purchases (cash sales) all of the time.........

HOLA4417

We are in possession of the title deeds, which are supplied by LR so I know that all is well on that front. However it just makes me wonder if the LR figures include all such purchases (cash sales) all of the time.........

If it was a normal transaction it should be included, cash sale or otherwise.

Certain transactions are excluded from the LR price paid data:

LRex.gif

You're not the first person who's posted here that their sales transaction hasn't showed up in the price paid stats.

There's a difference of about 15,000 transactions per month between the LR transaction stats and those published by HMRC based on Stamp Duty returns. Maybe the exclusions listed above account for all of these, but it does seem a lot.

HOLA4418

If it was a normal transaction it should be included, cash sale or otherwise.

Certain transactions are excluded from the LR price paid data:

LRex.gif

You're not the first person who's posted here that their sales transaction hasn't showed up in the price paid stats.

There's a difference of about 15,000 transactions per month between the LR transaction stats and those published by HMRC based on Stamp Duty returns. Maybe the exclusions listed above account for all of these, but it does seem a lot.

My purchase and that of my in-laws does not come under any of the above. Also, I have since found out that my sister in law, who bought a property about 8 years ago for just under 1 million (part mortgage), that sale does not appear either. Something is obviously amiss.