House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

Up And Down

Station Road, Llanmorlais, SA4

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-37605211.html

17 September 2013 13:26:41

Brief Description changed: A detached individually designed three bedroom bungalow with additional recreational rooms on the lower ground floor to the rear which are accessed from the garden. The property is situated in a quiet location just off the North Gower Road, and stands on a very large level plot. Part exchange considered

Price changed: £249,950 £229,950

29 August 2013 08:30:21

Price changed: £229,950 £249,950

14 August 2013 14:33:36

Agents Address found: 45 Gower Road, Sketty, Swansea, SA2 9BX

Detailed Description found: Tenure: Freehold ACCOMMODATIN COMPRISES: ENTRANCE HALLWAY uPVC double glazed front door with stained and leaded glass set into an arched storm porch with ceramic tiled floor. Hardwood glass panelled d...

14 August 2013 13:16:37

Agent found: Simpsons

Agents Location found: Swansea

Agents Telephone found: 01792939007

14 August 2013 12:58:41

Price changed: £249,950 £229,950

08 April 2013 14:49:35

Price changed: £269,000 £249,950

16 February 2013 09:59:37

Brief Description found: A detached individually designed three bedroom bungalow with additional recreational rooms on the lower ground floor to the rear which are accessed from the garden. The property is situated in a quiet...

Price found: £269,000

Status found: null

Subtitle found: 3 bedroom detached bungalow

Title found: Station Road, Llanmorlais, SA4

Edit: typo

Edited by The Masked Tulip

Indeed in very quick succession. One think I find a bit creepy about this one is........... not one, not two, but SIX cellar rooms.

The details wisely don't mention this, you need to refer to the covert floor plan. Two of the cellar rooms appear to bricked up.

Edited by crashmonitor

Indeed in very quick succession. One think I find a bit creepy about this one is........... not one, not two, but SIX cellar rooms.

The details wisely don't mention this, you need to refer to the covert floor plan. Two of the cellar rooms appear to bricked up.

Is the vendor a Mr Usher by any chance?

Cellar rooms? That is interesting.

Whilst the road that this particular house is on is some distance from the nearby estuary, there is concern in the village of the estuary rising and flooding.

In fact, I think I am right in saying that the environmental agency is trying to raise several millions to build some kind of flood prevention wall there. They held a meeting in the village several months ago and, shortly afterwards, I noticed several houses close to the estuary come on the market.

So the cellar thing in an area, albeit some distance from the estuary, might be a cause for concern?

That is bizarre. The photos quite clearly show a house on two floors but, as you spotted, the plans show the downstairs as all being cellars.

I wonder if this was a planning permission thing - someone built a 2 storey house where a bungalow should have gone? I am naturally now wondering about the planning permission status of it.

Edit:

From the sat map view and the photos it looks like the land there is below the ground level of the road - so perhaps they built it like that so the living area would be level with the road?

Wouldn't encourage me to buy a place like that.

I viewed a 3 bed bed detached house that over-looked Swansea Bay a few months ago. Had been keeping an eye on the asking price dropping.

What a waste of time - when I eventually got in to view it I discovered that the entire downstairs were basically a garage and several unused rooms. It was effectively a bungalow on top of empty rooms. I assume they had built it like that so that it overlooked houses in front and had a sea view. Cheeky s*ds were asking the price of a 3 bed detached when it was basically a bungalow on 'stilts'.

Perhaps it is a Swansea thing.

Edited by The Masked Tulip

I can just imagine the owners badgering the EA to up the price every couple of months when the Daily Excrement has a HOUSE PRICES DOUBLE IN FIVE MINUTES type headline, the EA slowly revising their ego down until the next Daily Excrement puff piece.