House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
interestrateripoff

The Queen And Charles Agree To Share Spoils Of New Cornish Gold Bonanza

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2420936/The-Queen-Charles-agree-share-spoils-new-Cornish-gold-bonanza.html

The Queen has struck a deal with Prince Charles to split the proceeds of gold reserves which have been discovered in Cornwall.

After prospectors found ‘commercial quantities’ of the precious metal, royal advisers have decided to resolve a centuries-old row between the Crown Estate and Charles’s Duchy of Cornwall over who has the right to the profits.

The deal came after businessmen reopened an old Cornish tin mine and concluded that there may be millions of pounds of gold there.

Great news for the UK's top sponging family.

Hurrah for the monarchy! Hurrah for the Saxe-Coburg Gothas! I'll sleep well in my rental hovel knowing Lizzie & Charlie have agreed how to split the county's mineral wealth........ Poor little Prince George won't go hungry now.

<wipes tears of happiness from eyes>

The gold was found at South Crofty mine, near Camborne, which was once the heart of Cornwall’s historic tin industry. It remained closed for nearly a decade until Western United Mines was granted permission to search for tin, copper, zinc and other metals in 2006.

WUM / South Crofty went into admin 26 June this year after their funders pulled the plug, loads laid off, everything wound down. They have divided between thenselves a whole heap of nuthin'.

SOUTH Crofty mine in Pool has been placed in administration this afternoon.

Owner Western United Mines (WUM) said a number of employees will be made redundant while the company will move to a “care and maintenance basis”.

http://www.westbriton.co.uk/South-Crofty-administration/story-19397143-detail/story.html

I have come to the conclusion that until this shower of shite are got rid off there is no hope for any other meaningful reform in this country.

How can we even have a sensible discussion about the future when most are happy to pay homage to these inbred wasters. Royalty and religion infest this country and its institutions like cancer.

These scumbags and their fellow travellers have betrayed the vast majority of the British people so it is either off with their ******ing quisling heads or a 'boot stamping on a human face - forever.' You decide.

I have come to the conclusion that until this shower of shite are got rid off there is no hope for any other meaningful reform in this country.

How can we even have a sensible discussion about the future when most are happy to pay homage to these inbred wasters. Royalty and religion infest this country and its institutions like cancer.

These scumbags and their fellow travellers have betrayed the vast majority of the British people so it is either off with their ******ing quisling heads or a 'boot stamping on a human face - forever.' You decide.

For a time during the Blair years it looked like we would see complete reform of the House of Lords. I was optimistic that after reform of the House of Lords we could move to reform of other areas of British society but alas no such luck.

The only thing Blair cared about with the House of Lords was having his way with some yes men. Better unreformed than a copy of the terrible appointed Senate model of Canada and Ireland.

Most people say they bring in a lot of tourism money. Never seen the stats (or if it pays for the £5 billion land they own and profit from) but if they do, wouldn't it be better to lock them in cages for people to gawk at?

Most people say they bring in a lot of tourism money. Never seen the stats (or if it pays for the £5 billion land they own and profit from) but if they do, wouldn't it be better to lock them in cages for people to gawk at?

I visited Kensington Palace recently and I am not sure our royals have ever lived that well...

I visited Kensington Palace recently and I am not sure our royals have ever lived that well...

If you read any history you'll find that they've always lived much better than the vast majority of the population. Though not necessarly better than a few very rich "subjects" in many periods.

If you want to know how the present lot live, you need to see the private apartments of state palaces, and private residences like Highgrove and Sandringham, not the museum pieces or the equivalent of the best parlour only ever used for guests.

The royals are very firmly placed and I dont expect it to change. Most normal people love the soap opera and actually like the image that is presented.

The elites will not criticise the royals as they all dream of the possibility of an OBE, MBE or maybe even title.

The royals are very firmly placed and I dont expect it to change. Most normal people love the soap opera and actually like the image that is presented.

The elites will not criticise the royals as they all dream of the possibility of an OBE, MBE or maybe even title.

The republic movement is gaining momentum IMO. The MSM and Govt. just won't allow it any real airtime or credence.

Agreed.

Think how daft the average person is, and then remember half the people are even dafter.

The Royals are parasitic scum in my opinion, but the vast majority seem happy to coo at that (rather ugly looking) new baby.

Agreed.

Think how daft the average person is, and then remember half the people are even dafter.

The Royals are parasitic scum in my opinion, but the vast majority seem happy to coo at that (rather ugly looking) new baby.

The royal family costs the taxpayer something less than £50 million a year. The BBC (another unelected, hereditary, elite) costs the taxpayer about £5 billion a year, much of which is raised via a highly regressive tax designed to gouge the poor. Rather than parroting more lefty, right-on nonsense, perhaps you should ask yourself who are the real parasitic scum in this country.

Edited by richc

The royal family costs the taxpayer something less than £50 million a year. The BBC (another unelected, hereditary, elite) costs the taxpayer about £5 billion a year, much of which is raised via a highly regressive tax designed to gouge the poor. Rather than parroting more lefty, right-on nonsense, perhaps you should ask yourself who are the real parasitic scum in this country.

The opportunity cost to the taxpayer of all the land they control is incalculable

Can I ask where you're parroting from?

Two (very obvious) points:

1) The BBC revenue figure IS NOT an accurate representation of how much it costs the tax payer (it makes billions syndicating and selling it's programs around the world. This generates revenue).

2) The Royal Family cost a hell of a lot more than that when you factor in all the land and other state gifted revenue channels.

Actually come to think of it, why do you think it's okay to warp the cost of the Beeb by adding in outside revenue/factors but deliberately fail to do this when working out how much the Royals cost?

Are you:

A) An idiot.

B ) Deliberately peddling misinformation.

C) Both.

I'm rightwing BTW (NOT Tory or misguided enough to believe the free market is really free mind). Have never voted Labour in my life. Automatically branding someone who disagrees with you a "Leftie" is even crapper than your mathematics. Lose the laziness please.

Edited by byron78

1) The BBC revenue figure IS NOT an accurate representation of how much it costs the tax payer (it makes billions syndicating and selling it's programs around the world. This generates revenue).

2) The Royal Family cost a hell of a lot more than that when you factor in all the land and other state gifted revenue channels.

Actually come to think of it, why do you think it's okay to warp the cost of the Beeb by adding in outside revenue/factors but deliberately fail to do this when working out how much the Royals cost?

Are you:

A) An idiot.

C) Both.

I'm rightwing BTW (NOT Tory or misguided enough to believe the free market is really free mind). Have never voted Labour in my life. Automatically branding someone who disagrees with you a "Leftie" is even crapper than your mathematics. Lose the laziness please.

Have you ever heard of the Crown Estate, or are you: A) An idiot; B ) Deliberately peddling misinformation; or C) Both? The "land" that you refer to is not controlled by the Queen. The government keeps all of the revenue, and in return, gives the royal family less than £50 million a year.

And as a point of fact, the BBC does not make "billions" in revenue from private sales. More than 80% of it's revenue comes from government sources and the license fee.

Tower of London? It's been tried before.

Are you:

A) An idiot.

C) Both.

You're wasting your time trying to convince an apologist for the royal parasites.

They've been in existence for so long and are so institutionalised into the national psyche through indoctrination in schools and the BBC that it would take something dramatic to help people see the royal parasites for who and what they really are. Bigger, greedier spongers than Frank Gallagher.

You only have to see the sickening way in which that ginger muppet Nicholas Witchell and that aristo-wannabe Jennie Bond both fawn and crow on BBC primetime at every opportunity when there's any significant event in the royal parasite family.

You're wasting your time trying to convince an apologist for the royal parasites.

They've been in existence for so long and are so institutionalised into the national psyche through indoctrination in schools and the BBC that it would take something dramatic to help people see the royal parasites for who and what they really are. Bigger, greedier spongers than Frank Gallagher.

You only have to see the sickening way in which that ginger muppet Nicholas Witchell and that aristo-wannabe Jennie Bond both fawn and crow on BBC primetime at every opportunity when there's any significant event in the royal parasite family.

Agreed.

The extra bank holiday for baby George alone cost the country around 1.2 billion.

All sorts of factors that don't get included in the Crown Estate figure, including local council costs for Royal visits, and all the private royal duchee incomes that are tax free etc.

They represent everything that is wrong with this country to me. Doesn't matter how hard you work in life, ultimately wealth, power, and status in the UK are something you're born into.